Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What to do with 50 Grams of stems?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Shkipper, Oct 23, 2013.

1. #1 Shkipper, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
    My roomates and I have been putting our stems in this pasta sauce jar. I weighed it about a month ago and it weighed 25 grams. We smoke a lot and have been contributing to it a lot, so I assume it's at 50 grams now. Halloween is coming up and we want to use the stems for halloween. I was wondering how I can get the best use out of these stems? I thought cooking them into vegetable oil on low heat would be a good idea, as it's a simple process and there's no dangers in buring the oil, but didn't want to use all these stems and figure out something awesome I could've done later on.

What are some ideas? Would you make hash instead? Iso hash? or would you cook the stems with butter instead of oil, and why?

I'd like to do all the stems in one batch of brownies if there's no other ideas. 9 Brownies. Would they be potent?

Attached Files:

2. grind it up and put it in your lip like dip

3. Lol.. If you're serious, have you ever tried that?

4. stems are useless man

5. Not useless :p there's lots of miniscule amounts of bud on the ends of the stems

6. I am generous to the stem JAHR

7. Get like 7-14 grams of bud, grind it all up. Make some amazing Cannabutter and cook some dank brownies or rice krispies with it.

8. Not a bad idea, just suppliment the stems with some ground bud. I like i like.

I thought of an idea once of taking a half of mid and a eight of fruit and mix it all up and sell/smoke it. Never was stupid enough to do it. :p

9. Acquire leaves and make rolling paper. Iso hash, bho or edibles. You can do a lot with stems, it won't be top shelf quality or anything but it will get the job done.

10. I am working on limited materials here _--_

11. I would definitely through in an eighth of dank and makke some hash!

12. Put it into a jar of strong alcohol (example barcadi 151, everclear) and soak some stems in a warm place for several weeks and you both get high and drunk

If don't like being drunk and high, just do the simple butter on low heat method instead

13. I would probably make QWISO.

14. I prefer to smoke over eat, so i'd wash it. qwiso all the way

15. How much qwiso might you expect from 50G's?

16. Smash the stems up a little bit, fill that mason jar with 99% iso up til its just above the line of stems, then start shaking. 
    Strain that out onto a flat plate and wait for it to dry.

17. It's insanely hard to find 99% locally and even if you do it's ridiculously expensive. The rexall 92% works fine, i prefer acetone as the solvent for stem hash myself but i've used 92% with no problems.

18. Whip up yourself some wax or BHO, that shit keeps for ever and is a super good time. That's what I do with my stems/ trims. That or butter. I dig that alcohol idea too

Toke On!

19. make some iso hash with it, shit is soooo DANK! I did it with like a few grams of stems before and that shit got me SO HIGH.

20. I would say use coconut oil to extract. Use a crock pot on a low setting. Preferabably under 165 degrees. Since stems dint produce a very friendly taste the best way to utelize this portion of marijuana is in either some sort of salve or capsules. I would reccomend capsules since your looking for a body effect. Cook on loe for 2 days and strain. Local vitamin shops sell empty capsules forr around 6 bucks for 200. ... right before filling capsules flash heat to 210 degrees for about 20 mins to decarb so the tch turns to thc-a which is the active content that your body reacts to