Herb iron, worth it?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by nlftw, Oct 21, 2013.

1. I'm a bong smoker. Everyday use obviously. Is buying this worth my money or would I be better w a wand, or hakko???

2. I have a hakko 0456 with a dimmer switch. I hang it from the corner of something out of the way with a drywall screw. Its great, but i vape now pretty much exclusively so i don't use it. Do you use hemp wicks everytime? Do you smoke in 1 particular location? Cant really use it with people or it gets a little hairy.  Definately get a dimmer though on it to control temp.

3. I went from lighters to hemp wick to the herb iron and back to lighters. If you're going to be in the same spot everyday and not move much you'll like the herb iron. Mobility became an issue for me.~

4. I currently use a bic, but I was intrigued by the glass wands and after doing some research I became more interested in these.

I predominantly smoke at the same place, and wouldn't be looking to try to travel with let alone leave the house.

I'm not particularly looking to Vape, more have a better taste and burn with my home grown.

5. youll burn out less by not inhaling butane thats for sure

6. Hakko with dimmer switch, or surge switch.

Good stuff.

7. #7 tstick, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
    Hakko 456 user here.....love it for smoking flowers...the only way I ignite....But I prefer the vapor from dabbing oil much more, so it doesn't get as much use, lately.

8. ive heard nothing but great things from products like this. if you think that the cord might get in the way, look into the embur. its significantly more expensive, but some folks prefer it.

9. Those things are expensive. Cheapest herb iron/hakko I've found that isn't a piece of shit was a herb iron for 75$, I would get it if they offered a mini one or something for 40-45$

10. anyone use heat wands/rods? just the glass rods your can torch and press? i'm trying to find some online..

11. Google smoking glass wands. Youl find one, or a video on YouTube with site info