Wilting plants in dwc?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by aKfrosty, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Hey guys, as you can see from the pictures my plants don't look too well, anyone know what the problem is?

Rundown: dwc bubble buckets with advanced nutrients ph perfect trio grow micro bloom at 550ppms for 3.5 gallons, and thrive alive at 1ml per gallon; also got an airdrome in each bucket. Looked at the roots and they look fine, a little dirt in the bottom of the bucket but I assume it's from the hydrocorn. When I smell the res water it smells like a fishtail kind of and is pretty humid in there. The water temp is 78 steady. And the air temp is about 82 average. I'm topping them off daily with 120ppm tap water(no ro water)

I don't know what could be wrong and I've included as much info as I can think of guys! Lemme know if anything comes to mind!

Tl;dr = plants look like they've been over water or are too hot image.jpg image.jpg

2. Anyone? Any ideas is helpful.. I'm thinking it's my 8.2 ph tho... But the 79 degree water temp also worries me. Smells like there is some bacteria growin in there

3. Yes 8.2 pH is too high.
    80f temps are ok
    Air pump should be up to capacity.
    Use bleach..peroxide to keep your res free from bacteria

4. Thanks! Got some ph down an they're already looking better :)

5. #5 TheAnswer121, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013

that water temp is not ok. 68F optimum. DO is drastically reduced at this high a temp

funny smell? drain. wash, rinse, sanitize. then refill. make sure no light is getting in ur res. and double check everything