Epilepsy Treatment Organic Experiments SWICK

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by helloscientist, Oct 21, 2013.

1. #1 helloscientist, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
    This is a fantasy journal of my imaginary adventure to treat epilepsy with organically grown herbal medicine.

Today the first Harlequin clone showed roots! I transplanted it into 1 gal Geo Pot, packed in worm castings, organic soil (thanks jerry!), and placed it on lava rock in a saucer with an inch of water. These SWICKs blow out a 1 gal with roots so fast (thanks noob_wannab!). This sativa strain is high in CBDs that reduce seizures.

Laboratory Setup:
    Organic soil in 15 gal Smartpots Noob_wannab's SWICKs in 20 gal buckets with 2 inch lava rock wicking 1 inch water.
    Water level maintained by gravity from 50 gal rainwater reservoir
    Veg CFLs hung vertical for 4 months
    Flower 400w HPS and 400w MH stacked bare bulbs hung vertically in a tube of green VSCROG trained onto individual screens

I need to mix a new batch of soil to fill the 15 gal SmartPot SWICK this Harlequin will go in.
    Up next, I'll post my planned soil mix ingredients.

2. #2 helloscientist, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    Organic Soil mix 3 - local, free ingredients whenever possible. suggestions welcome!

20% peat
    20% lava rock small (perlite is banned from my garden)
    25% horse manure compost 1+ years
    25% kitchen compost
    5% local forest material - what should I use, the soil a couple inches under?
    5% local kelp
    1" worm castings top dressed (supposed to be as effective as 10% mixed in)

Amendments:
    kelp meal
    neem meal
    karanja meal
    alfalfa meal
    crab shell meal
    silica
    molasses
    aloe vera
    rice
    lava rock dust - red dust that washes out of lava rock. is this as good as granite dust?
    egg shells toasted
    1 mosquito dunk powdered
    carbon (from old carbon filter, coconut shell)

This soil will sit for a month and then be put in 15 gal Smart SIPs. There will be a Cannatonic and Harlequin stuck in 1 gal Smart SIPs for 3 months by the time the soil will be ready. I hope this will not set them back. Their roots are so dense they are ready to burst out into 15 gal ASAP. These two strains are high in CBD so I hope will be very effective for reducing seizures in people that have epilepsy.

Up next, I'll add some live animal pest control to each container. I don't want to foliar spray anymore! Let the natural pest defense system protect them.

3. Intractable epilepsy myself....
    Subed out of curioucity

4. #4 helloscientist, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    welcome, dirtydingusus. I look forward to your insights. Is there a strain, cannabinoid profile or medication method that has given you any seizure relief?

Living with epilepsy sucks. I have seen people improve with high CBD strains. Some research shows THC-V to be anti-epileptic as well, and there may be others. Does anyone know how to get a high percentage THC-V? We need to figure this out now folks! Please share your experiences.

5. I can tell you i see more relief using edibles...
    I make badkittys coconut oil recipe.... take it by the teaspoon full....
    Not legal here yet so.... got to take what i can get strain wise...
    It has been quite the journey.... epilepsy that is....
    Some days....

6. I started watering with molasses and it has attracted ants to the soil. I had hoped they would help keep the fungus gnats in check but they don't seem to be very agressive towards the gnats.

what other insects prey on fungus gnats that could be kept in a garden for natural pest control?

7. #7 helloscientist, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    an epileptic patient reports that some strains with high THC low CBD make their seizures worse. has anyone else noticed this?

does a tincture made without decarboxylating work better for epilepsy? a tincture high in THCA and CBDA with almost no THC or CBD.

please share if you have any info or experience with THCA and CBDA in seizure control or other medical treatment.