Short Men

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by Maurice, Oct 20, 2013.

1. I am 5'6'' and all of my friends are 6 foot or taller. It can be damaging to your personal mental image if you don't know how to disregard it. If I go to a bar with them, the tall people will talk, and I will for the most part be left out of the flirting.

I have an interesting/unique perspective because I identify as being bisexual.
    When I see women, they are not attractive to me unless they are my height or shorter. I honestly wont even waste my time talking to them if they are taller because the odds of me getting with them sexually is pretty low. One of my ex girlfriends was much taller than me, and the sex was honestly awkward, but still great.
    When I see a good looking guy, he is usually taller than me or my height. I would never think a guy shorter than me was attractive, it just is unappealing. I've never dated or got with a dude who was shorter than me, it would be weird in my opinion.

Taller people do not understand a lot of the psychology of a short male, which is not their fault. They will never understand what we go through on a daily basis, and while yes, the way you are perceived is mainly due to confidence- a short man will never be able to be as pronounced or socially commanding as a taller male because they will be labelled with having "short-man syndrome" by all the taller males who want to assert an alpha dominance as to not look weak.

But if you attempt to love yourself and not take life too seriously and turn assholes on thy cheek- life is well. And if you are smart and funny, everyone basically has to like you regardless.