Pakalolo does it this way

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Pakalolo, Oct 19, 2013.

1. #541 Pakalolo, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
    I've been trying to do a sulfur burn for the last few days. I finally decided that the burner I bought was defective so I bought another one from a different manufacturer. So last night I set a timer to start at 7:30pm. This is 1/2 hour after my lights go off. It was set to turn off at 9:00pm.

Boy oh boy did that new burner work. My teenager area is just below the kitchen and that is where I was sulfur burning. When my wife got home she said the smell was giving her a headache so I won't be able to burn again tonight like I planned to. I had to open up the doors and let the wind blow through to air out the house.

I'll have to do the flower area when she is gone for the night. Or I will have to do it and air the place out before she gets home. Maybe tomorrow night I can do it. She won't get home until 9:00pm or so and the lights are off at 5:00pm. I will have to harvest the seed branches but I think they are done anyway.

I guess both of us couldn't do this without the help of all who have shared their knowledge and experience. I'm feeling more comfortable with my organic growing. I've gotten through the first grow with problems (PM and mites) but I'm working on getting them cleaned up. I hope to not have any PM but only time will tell. I'm also hoping that the mites are gone or at least greatly reduced. I'm not seeing any on the teenagers but it seems they show up around the 3rd week of flowering. So I'm going to keep a close eye out for them. One of my old grow friends says he removes any leaves that show mites and/or eggs. So I'm going to lollipop my Chemdawg and Chocolope so it will be easier to monitor them.

I'm thinking about starting a new grow journal in the organics grow forum. I started here because I was going to do an indoor grow with DWC. Now that I'm doing organic growing it seems to be a good time to make this change. I've gotten the first fully organic grow under my belt and I'm growing some outstanding genetics from Sanctuary Gardens and Swami Seeds.

Watch for my move to organic grow journals. I'll post up the link when I have it set up. I belong over there because I'm never going to grow anything but organically.

3. I been doing the defoliation in flower too.. works, but its a lot of work. The ladybugs really helped bro.. Like really helped. The ones I ordered online were vibrant and ready to rock and roll.. You gotta keep releasing them, but damn they work to knock em fast and they indeed do work quick. Within a few days I saw huge numbers of the lil bastards disappear. 

Some guys suggested that I try Spinosad in the concentrated form and double the amount the bottle recommends for in veg. I have sprayed once and I don't see many living at all anymore. Its a spray you only gotta do once a month, totally organic, and its odorless.. the plants always love a good foliar anyways.. I'm still gonna use the Neem oil once a week though for prevention.. plus its a good time for me to get some Silica in them as well with the Pro-tekt that I use as an emulsifier for the Neem and water. 

Stay on top of them and they will go away! I've done it before and I vow to do it again! :D

I have the Spinosad and I've used it before. I've used it on the teenages and they seem to be mite free. I'll hit Chemdawg and Chocolope before I put them into the flower area and once or twice in the flower area before the 3rd week. I'm also going to hit my whole flower area with Mighty Wash and bomb it. This week will be cleaning up the flower area.

I appreciate your support and contributions.

5. Hell, I'm right there with ya.. I'm tired of fuckin with em! They gotsta go.. :devious:

6. The babies have taken off since I transplanted them to 4" pots. GQ is still showing the leaf twist and the coloration changes. They're all doing fine.

View attachment 134778

Top row l to r: GQ, Overlord, Neon Purp
    Bottom row l to r: Halo 2X, Halo 2X, Cascadian Frost

That NP is much darker then the other 5. The little baby on top is Original Diesel. I just put 2 seeds of OD into the soil and watered them. No SST or anything like that. I'm going to try that again. Maybe it's just that simple.

7. I've got a smoke report on the OG Kush I grew organically. First off the cure has made the smoke mild and not harsh. I can't tell what the flavor is so no opinion there.

What I do know is that this turned out be be better than most of my herb. It surprised me that it was stronger than I expected and lasted about 3-4 hours. I smoked it about 4 hours before I played pool and on the drive to the league play I was still wondering if I might have made a mistake smoking it. I did end up winning 7 out of 9 games but I really had to concentrate to make the balls.

So I'm pleased with the results but this is the last one for now. I've got Mildred and Trainwreck as keepers. I'm growing some new genetics so I want to see how the Sanctuary Gardens and Swami seeds turn out. I followed the seed chart when I picked the seeds so there should be a high percentage of females if the seed chart works.

8. nice looking transplants pak..

they came back really nice for you..

good rescue!!

Only Goblin Queen and Cascadian Frost were over watered. The Mazar x Guerrero was only slightly over watered and I've got it in a gallon pot with the teenagers. The other seedlings (Halo 2X and Overlord) have not been over watered. I'm a quick learner and don't have to keep making the same mistake over again.

The Neon Purp is a clone so I know it is female. I hadn't over watered clones in ages.

Thanks for the kudos. I just went with my main technique for all problems => transplant. That usually fixes everything. I only lost Noctural but I have more Noctural seeds. I'm holding off on starting any more seedlings until I know the sex of the ones I've got.

I plan on growing these seedlings in 2 gallon pots and cutting clones. That way I will get to sample the results and decide to keep or toss.

10. #550 Pakalolo, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    Today I took down the seed branches. I pollinated them around January 21, 2014 and let them mature for 5 weeks. The pods were splitting and I could see the brown hulls with the black spots. They looked mature but I won't know until I sprout them. I'm going to sprout these in about 3 weeks and start the F1 hunt.

Breeding with a purpose is new to me. I've had females get pollinated before but that was just letting a male live. I remember my genetics from school but I'm learning more about the details now. This is just another avenue for my hobby.

11. I'd drop another nocturnal pak.

you wont regret it. :smoke:

It will be in the next batch of seeds. I'm also going to pop some Ravnus and Zazen. I have to pace myself because I don't have that much room. I was sorry to lose the Noctural baby I had.

13. #553 Pakalolo, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    I got through my first organic grow thanks to the help of the organics community. I learned a lot and the one thing that stands out the most to me is that you want to keep it simple for your first grow.

I did some variations on my soil mix and this post sums up my thoughts.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1253906-pakalolo-does-way.html?p=19240876

I used an ACT to moisten the soil and here is the post. It also contains a link to Microbe Organics where the details are exposed for your consumption.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1253906-pakalolo-does-way.html?p=19086866

I mainly watered the plants but every 2 weeks I would give a kelp/neem seed meal tea. I mixed 1/4 cup of kelp meal with 3/4 cup of neem seed meal in 5 gallons of water. I bubbled this for 24-36 hours to get the meals mixed thoroughly. This thickens up quite a bit similar to syrup.

Preventing spider mites and powdery mildew is an ongoing chore for me. I started out using the LD's IPM recipe just once a week. During the grow I realized I needed to do this once every 3, 4 at the most, days. Here is the post on how I make the IPM recipe with neem oil, ProTeKt and aloe vera juice.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1253906-pakalolo-does-way.html?p=19078039

There is a lot more beginning information in this journal and if you have questions then you can ask them over on the organic grow journal I started. I brought in my first organic harvest and now I'm devoted to organics. For me it works and I couldn't be more amazed by the results. I've got my two keepers, Mildred and Trainwreck, and some seedlings and clones that are new to me. The one I'm most excited about is the Neon Purp. I'll be posting pictures on their progress. I will continue to share my experiences with all who want to read the posts.

You can join me here.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1285821-pakalolos-organics-win.html

I'll still watch this journal but I'll be posting on the organic grow journal from now on.

I've never grown auto before. I'm seeing what I think are white pistils. This usually indicates that she can go a little longer. You want to see the pistil looking more dried out and turning a brown/red color.

15. Yea a lot of them are starting to turn Amber.. My question is why so much yellowing and than some have brown spots is this cal-mag deficiency? I flushed good after having slight nute burn so I give nutes again now at 1/4 strength to start and let it for another week or two?

Check out my first grow journal any advice is appreciated💨🌲

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1333871-my-first-grow-journal.html#entry20652333

I don't know anything about cal-mag deficiency/lockout. I never even heard the term until I came on the forums.

My experience with nutes was the leaves always yellowed towards the end. Here's a bottled nutrient grown Trainwreck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I won't worry about the yellow leaves. It can't be helped. I even get yellow leaves with organics if something is not quite right. Even the trees get yellow/dying leaves in the middle of summer.

Here's one of my organic ladies that sat in my flooded cellar for 24 hours. This caused her to have yellow leaves.

[​IMG]

If everything is in balance on organics you should see only a few yellow leaves. Here is a Goblin Queen just before harvest and she has a yellow leaf or two.

[​IMG]

17. #558 JPHetz, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    I was figuring a week or 2 myself. If you got information from an auto grower than I'd go with it.