~Aussie first timer : Mountain Mist/Afghan/Auto AK~

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by b0nne, Oct 19, 2013.

1. #1 b0nne, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
    Last pic update: 26/12/2013 (you'll have to search this thread  :) )

What's up guys! I'm from Australia, first time growing.
    I have bought the following seeds from marijuanaseeds.nl :
    10x Regular Afghan
    10x Mountain Mist
    5x Auto AK47

I'm germinating 1 auto, 3 MM and 1 Afghan, the only femmed seed is the auto.
    So far I've only gotten one plot ready.. not really a plot, its a single spot for one plant which is fenced. So I'll most likely get the next few up soon.
    (Just a fucked up thing while I was preparing the spot today a helicopter flew over 3 times... DA FUHK)
    Anyways the only things in my soil are:
    Dolomite lime
    Regular soil
    Chicken shit.
    If anyone has anything I should add to the soil that's available around Victoria that would be cool lol. But I will be getting some nutrients soon anyways.

-Germinated/ing seeds:
    2 MM, 1 Auto and an Afghan. I also have one MM planted outside in a pot already, and now after these pics have been taken I've also put the Afghan and one MM in pots. Waiting a little longer for the AK and the other MM has not broken out its taproot yet soo.

One of the plot/spots:
    Will upload another day, EXIF data still on old photos.

Last pic update: 12/12/2013 (you'll have to search this thread :) )

Sprouting! (10/23/2013)
    MM:
    [​IMG]
    I think this is also an MM. But what the FUCK lol. Piss weak stem.. Might fuck this one off.
    [​IMG]
    This one is either an MM or afg
    [​IMG]
    This one is also either MM or Afg
    [​IMG]
    And this is the AK
    [​IMG]

When do I call it day 1?
    Oh and I'm an idiot because two of them I am un sure of what they are haha, either MM or Afg.

2. Ill hang around :)
    You growing backyard or out bush ?
    Ordered from that site once, might not be what you expect but a plants a plant .
    Good luck man

3. Thanks for stoppin' by!
    It's very bushy, and I am 99.6789% sure no one will spot a plant there, I hope. Lol.
    "Ordered from that site once, might not be what you expect but a plants a plant ."
    I hope they're okay lol.

4. hey mate, good to see a fellow aussie, just curious, what soil mix are you planning on using? Best of luck!

5. #5 b0nne, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
    :)
    Really all I'm using is chicken shit, regular soil (which actually looks pretty good), and that's it lmfao. I was going to add perlite which i really should have... oh well- maybe next time. Lol.
    I am getting some bottled Ionic nutes for veg/flower, but I also have some bat guano for flowering as well.
    Probably the worst prepared ever, buttfuckit we'll see how it turns out, not taking this super-seriously but I mean if all I get is a few oz's I'll be happy. 

Edit: I will put up pics when at least one of the plants have broken soil! and after that I will most likely update every few days.

6. Which state are you from mate? and where did you get the bat guano from?

7. From Victoria, I should have said I -will- be getting the guano, but I'm most likely going to try find some on ebay lol, the postage is fucked though like $40 so i might not, dunno. Just received my Ionic nutes today :).

8. Yeah I think I'll just try pick up some form of organic kelp fertilizer instead, easier and cheaper to come by plus people seem to be recommending it as well.

9. Good point, I may do this instead also lol.
    Pics will be uploaded in a sec, damn they upload slow. :(.

10. In Vic here too !
    Lets hope the sun comes back eventually hey,
    whats the regular soil like, lots of clay or ?

Obviously the more you put into it the more you get out, but being a first timer I wouldnt go too overboard, the experience gained will be almost as good as the reward.
    bit of organic compost, good premium bagged soil and some moss or perlite never goes down bad, but thats your call.
    Keep some mulch hanging around for when summer hits here and your set

Congrats on the sprouts

11. #11 b0nne, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    VIC <3
    Yeh the sun has been hiding ever since I received the seeds ffs. :(
    The soil has no clay, is that bad? :/
    Yeah I plan on putting more into the next grow, hopefully all goes well with this one though.
    Also what's the mulch for? I've actually got a shit tonne of it haha.

Thanks! :)
    EDIT: Also what do you thing about the retarded stem? should I get rid of it or leave it for a bit? thanks :)

12. Tell me about it, winter was better weather than this!
    Im sure the sun is just round the corner though,

Nope, just trying to get an idea of what your base soil is like (heavy, airy etc) a pic would be good when you get a chance, but sounds good.
    Mulch will go over the hole and keep some moisture in the soil mix, a layer of newspaper underneath the mulch does wonders too.
    Keeping your root system happy is easily as important as the sunlight so always have that in mind :)

Cant really see the stem pic that well, is there even leaves on the end? kinda looks upside down to me haha. 
    Only way to save super stretched plants is to top up the soil in the pot if you have room or repot and bury most of the stem , but its tough bringing back a completely fucked plant if thats the case

13. Nice mate.

That seed bank seems to have a pretty good selection, how was the service?

Have to subscribe to an Aussie outdoor grow..

Ah ok thanks for explaining, and the fucked plant has a tiny ass leaf at the end, which I doubt will absorb much light what so ever.. So I might bury it a bit more.. Maybe. Or start another AK instead.
    :)
    It was great, only took like a week to get here and was hidden very well in a t-shirt. However they do send it in various other objects.
    Thanks for subbin ;)!

15. I feel for you outdoor guys, I don't know if I could handle all that pest BS and random weather and that.

16. 11/6/2013! Update! Has been a week since last update and believe it or not i think this is the first watering in a week besides some showers a couple days ago. But there has been a couple of days of good weather this last week. The pictures were taken before the watering, I gave them a generous watering straight after ;). I also sprayed neem on a few days ago.

Also, the one with the bite, was eaten whole. Lmfao. Down to 3. (Still will be planting a few more in a week or so)
    Have not had too much time lately, that will change in a couple of weeks, although I do need them in the ground quite soon... :).
    Sorry for the shit pics, next ones will be better promise! :).
    Green pot: Mountain Mist
    Pepsi can (lol) : Mountain Mist
    Ice Break cut in half (lol) : Afghan I think.
    View attachment 128224
    View attachment 128225
    View attachment 128226
    View attachment 128227
    View attachment 128228
    View attachment 128229
    View attachment 128230
    View attachment 128231

17. Weird I was actually looking at this thread today, was gonna bump it. It must be hard starting them of outside? Could you start them of inside and when the get a bit bigger put them outside? And don't stress about the pepsi can, I've had a clone in a beer can since I hit flower haha.

18. It wasn't too hard tbh, germed em threw em in 'pots' and they grew ;) lost a couple though lol :/
    Yeh I guess I could start em inside but it worked pretty well and i only have like 1 12w cfl haha
    And yeh i've seen a few grow threads like the partycup challenge haha, just dont wanna stunt the growth or whatever :p
    Thanks for comin back :)! Hows the size of the clone in the beer can? 

19. Them pots are a credit to our aussie engineering, reminds me of bush mechanics.

Subbed