Israeli state beefs up efforts to counter the growing Boycott Israel campaigns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Oct 18, 2013.

Google, Intel, Apple, Microsoft, and most recently, Facebook, have set up shop in Israel. It truly is a miracle in a land that has no natural resources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Wadi

No but I know many South Africans from my job. Its not all what the media made it out to be...which is the norm. Your not in the US. The media here makes issues out of nothing. Take the Washington Redskins. There a football team. Media made there name a issue. 80% of Americans polled have no issue with that name and never one considered it racist. No one even knew it was a issue until the libs brought it up. 

Colonialism as much as people hated it provided much. Look at the aftermath or there state for the countries that had it and it ended. 

Whats interesting to is Obama's brother in Africa who he does not talk to wrote a interesting book on just that. 

During Apartheid they actually had a higher rate of income then they do now. Every year since there liberation gets progressively worse. 

The regime that rules them now knows this. Whats interesting to is all the people who work the government keeps the neighborhoods secure because when less then 5 million people pay taxes for a population of 50 million you cant have them having a bad life. 

3. #23 Powerwiz, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013

It is and it chaps the ass of the Arab which is great HHAA. 

Oh yea the protester and there signs are stopping it!

I hope Smokinp is going to stop using any product made by Google, Apple, Facebook, or even Grasscity (Made with PHP software developed in Israel).

5. #25 Powerwiz, Oct 18, 2013

Thats the cool thing with the high and mighty thinkers. Do what I say not what I do. Take Al Gore. He wants you live in a carbon free, energy efficent postage stamp of a house, drive a electric car and be taxed to death. Yet he has his own private jumbo jet, has 20-30 aides, they drive around in armored limos and suvs. He pollutes more then 500 people do in a life time in a year. 

I fully well know Apple uses slave labor, I fully well know that Google, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft turn in protesters to the Chinese government for "rehabilitation". I don't really care either...does not impact me. Judging from the immense amount of users for all there own products to include the Chinese...they do not either. Which is interesting as Apple now has big traction in China. They use a product that is created by slaves of there own nation lol. Interesting dilemma. 

Same thing with Israel. 

What has happened in South Africa since the abolition of Apartheid does not change the fact that today in South Africa people are no longer classed according to the colour of their skin. 

Do you believe Apartheid should have been abolished or not ?

The Boycott campaigns are a peaceful means of protest that make people aware of the choices that they are making in regards to what countries and thus what policies they are supporting. The BDS campaigns against Israel have been very successful as can be seen quite clearly from the link below.

http://www.bdsmovement.net/2013/interactive-timeline-bds-movement-charts-success-11165

7. Apartheid (When it actually occurs) is bad no matter what.

The problem now is that White South Africans are immigrating to other nations due to the rampant violence and corruption in SA. 

Kind of mind boggling when they say South Africa is one of the leading emerging economies, despite the massive brain drain it is facing from educated White South Africans.

8. #28 Powerwiz, Oct 18, 2013

I'm a believer in colonialism not apartheid.  Virtually every single country that experienced it is worse after it ended. As for being seperate well thats the nature of human life. Come to my country. Sure were all one under the law but everyone lives in there part out of town by choice not design. Its like the Arabs who come to the US. They tend to mostly live Dearborn Michigan they live elsewhere but that is Arab Town USA. 

I would not put to much credence in a self made publication. Thats like saying Green Peace is having a roaring success by ramming Japanese fishing boats...there not. Makes the news and we all comment how stupid they are. Yet on there website they would have you believe the wonders of there organization. 

9. #29 SmokinP, Oct 18, 2013
    Says a lot about the mindset of said white South Africans that are leaving. Perhaps it is too much for them to have to accept that their black countrymen now have equal rights. If they had any allegiance to their country and countrymen they would stay and work towards a better South Africa for all both white and black.

Great generalization there. No its like in Iraq. Everyone with any brains leaves..why? Well do you really want to live in a country that is rife with extreme corruption on every level, extreme poverty and violence. Yea there are bad people for wanting a better life elsewhere. You are not the one to make that decision for anyone. 

Why did you leave the middle east for Europe? Shouldn't you be back there rather then complaining but aiding your fellow Arabs? Using that theory if you were born there and moved to the EU then you are guilty as well. If you were not then forget I said that. 

11. #31 J-DILLA, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    Again, with the generalization of regions you have never travelled to.

Are you saying white south africans should risk being murdered just because it demonstrates their allegiance to the country? 

Seriously? I bet you still think white south africans are racist bigots too, right?

Of course it fits his theorems on life. Whats funny is his rhetoric on Israel has existed as long as I have been alive and Israel does nothing but prosper and grow. 

Seems his strategy of sympathy is not working out so well. They do have there protesters with there little signs though. That counts for much :)

13. #33 J-DILLA, Oct 18, 2013
    True! He never did reply on whether or not he will boycott Google, Microsoft, or Facebook :laughing:

I truly hope for the day that a Palestinian state is created, so the world will see the real sharia shit hole will it become and no one will be able to blame Israel! :hello: Palestinian politics are already rampant with corruption. Maybe the world will start to boycott Palestine for their treatment of homosexuals!

They will be like all the other rag tag Arab nations. Rather unremarkable group of people. If you took away oil they literally would cease to exist and be as important to the world as the African nations are...the only ones that anyone cares about are countries like Nigeria because of there vast oil reserves..which the world is using less and less now that USA is flooding the markets with Natural Gas and Oil. Its unreal how there economies are structured there. There literally 80-90% oil based in some regions. 

Look around other then the past what have they contributed collectively other then oil in recent times. Nothing but heart ache. 

Its why the Prince of Saudi who is charge of finances after his tour of the US's fracking rushed back to brief the King. There way of life will be over once we fully gear that up. They all are preying that we somehow do not utilize this method of oil recovery. 

Iraq and South Africa are nothing alike. Iraq is a country destroyed by the warmongering of the US and the parasites who have gained control of a once proud country. Outside influences have sentenced the Iraqi people to the misery that they are now enduring.

In South Africa one has to remember that a large percentage of the white population supported the Apartheid regime. They voted for pro Apartheid governments in successive elections. After the world turned on the South African Apartheid government after many years of the "Boycott Apartheid South Africa" campaigns they were forced to come into the modern world and abolish the disgusting discriminations that existed.

Blacks and Whites were made equal and in the ensuing elections a majority black government won the day. This I am sure proved too much to take for the twisted racist bigots that had held sway for years and a large number of them left. They could not stand to see blacks sitting beside them on the bus or indeed now being able to drink from the same water fountains. These twisted bigots are of no loss to the country and those that have stayed behind have committed to fight for the new all inclusive South Africa.

It is only to be expected that there will be great upheaval when a change such as made in South Africa is brought about. There is a certain amount of bedding in time and people have to adapt to their new found freedoms and rights. After years of inequality and discrimination there was a lot of catching up to do when it came to giving the black people of South Africa the rights and conditions they are entitled to and with this comes a huge financial cost. In time South Africa will emerge from the clouds that currently have engulfed her.

To try and argue that the South Africa of today is not a better place than the racist bigoted place it once was is frankly disgusting and shocking. Any man worth his salt would rather sacrifice a little to live in a country where all men are equal than live in a society where the colour of a man's skin decided his rights.

16. #36 J-DILLA, Oct 18, 2013
    If you had the chance to leave a violent and corrupt country if your safety was at risk, would you?

Any man who's family is at risk of violence would move to a safer country. Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp? 

Reunification has not reduced massive discrepancies between Africans and Europeans in South Africa. Johannesburg is one of the most dangerous cities in the world. 

If you understood anything about the BDS campaigns you would realize that they call for a boycott where possible. There is no need for anyone to endure suffering or go without because of a Boycott campaign.
    Where there is a choice to be made those that support the BDS campaigns can choose to support the companies and products that are not linked to or supporters of the state of Israel.

Your other comments say a lot about your mindset J. You seem to believe that this is all some childish game. To some people this is a question of ethics and beliefs. Nobody is being forced to boycott anything, it is a choice.

I would urge you to consider the comments you are making in this thread J, rather than serving the state of Israel you claim to support you are in fact doing it a disservice.

18. If anything, Israel has given Palestinians an alternative to the oil industry.

There are about 2500 Palestinians working in the high tech sectors

During the 2000s a High-Tech sector has emerged in Palestinian territories and by 2010, 2,500 Palestinians worked in the IT sector, specializing in software outsourcing (including outsourced work from Israeli High-Tech companies), telecommunication development and manufacturing equipment. The Palestinian IT sector grew from 0.8% of GDP in 2008 to 5% in 2010.<sup>[15]</sup> The industry has seen a 64% increase in foreign business since 2009. The majority of Palestinian IT companies are concerted in the city of Ramallah north of Jerusalem.<sup>[16]</sup><sup>[17]</sup>

Do you believe South Africa should have stayed an Apartheid country ? 

20. I have not seen any other boycotts as big as the Israeli one, despite millions of people in Africa dying each year due to warlords.

You still have not declared if you are going to stop using products made or developed in Israel.

Makes total sense dude...

You don't like the fact that I am calling you out for using technology/products made in Israel despite you being a BDS supporter.

Quite ironic, no? Really make the whole BDS movement a fat joke.