Da Vinci Ascent Review....

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by lwien, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Good review.  Look forward to seeing your thoughts after the learning curve.

2. Follow up review from my post over at FC.   Keep in mind that I just left the ABV in the Ascent from last night.    Loaded it up last night with .025gr, took 3 hits and finished up tonight.   The following is from tonight:

Wow !! [​IMG]. I gotta tell ya, I am shocked at how many more hits I was able to pull from, what looked like, totally spent ABV. Got another 2 hits at 385, 2 at 400 and 1 at 410 for a total of 5. Not LSV hits, mind you, but very visible vapor, to say the least. Now the ABV is just a shade below black, but.................totally uniform in color. I've really never seen anything like it (the ABV) from any of the vapes that I've previously used. And this is without any stirring or shaking at all. I wonder if this is also because I'm using the glass can on top of the bud, which I have no doubt, provides it's own heat source through radiation from the top, along with using a small amount.

Whatever the reason, this vape, set up this way, extracts every last bit and it does it for the whole bowl at the same time without any effort from the user at all.

Anyway, you're (Nigel) right. Shouldn't just go by the amount of hits, but rather the overall affect simply because on the second round, the cannabinoid profile is a bit different than what it was with the first two hits.

All things considered, the efficiency is better than I thought, but still not quite there. Gonna start at a lower temp next time and see what happens, but it's lookin' better.

The batt obviosly didn't have a full charge being that it was nearing the end when I fired it up tonight after only 3 hits last night. Looks like they just charged it enough for a final QC. On an overnight charge as we speak.

3. Sólo or Ascent for first vape

Sent from my HTC One VX using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I'd say Solo since it's cheaper and it uses less. Although you don't have the option for a passthrough, it has plenty of battery to get 6-8 sessions throughout the day. Less glass parts to break. Less maintenance. Most of the time, the stem is separate from the rest of the vape so it looks inconspicuous (if they're both together, it looks like a dirty inhaler of some sort, but if you smell it, it has the specific vape smell that has a hint of weed).

It's been out much longer than the Ascent, so by the time you want another vape you could get the 3rd or even 4th gen ascent.

5. I love that I can use the Ascent while it's charging.  

6. #26 lwien, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
    I just put up my Ascent for sale over at FC in the classifieds.  

Just an fyi......Don't ask about any details on this here.   Just PM me thru FC.   Thanks......

7. Trade you a solo  :laughing:

8. Nice review bud, well done!

9. I just got the ascent and I am going about this all wrong as I see no vapor and I am only getting one hit per quarter bowl.
    Does the vapor escape as it is heating, I put the dust cap on to avoid this, but not sure if I need to.
    How long do I need to wait after the bowel with vapor appears? I hit it right then and it didn't seem like I was getting much of anything. That was @375 F & 395 F. I am an old timer that loved glass on glass bongs. I know there will be a difference I just don't know how to use the unit very good and I haven't a clue what to expect. Anyone with answers to the use of this unit would greatly be appreciated.
    Onward Through The Fog 

10. Dust cap? 

11. Yes dust cap. That is what they call it. it is a rubber cap that goews into the glass mouth piece. They say it is a dust cap, I thought it was to keep vap from escaping before toke.

Ah.................totally forgot about piece.   No, you don't want to use that when the Ascent is on.

13. Thank you for helping me dodge a bullet..

I am going to get an LSV instead..  (i know they are unrelated)

LOVE my LSV.

15. The Ascent that I gave this review on is up for sale over at FC in the classifieds along with their water pipe adapter.   Ya may want to check it out.

16. Just lowered the price on this Ascent over at the FC site.   Price includes vape and WPA and shipping.   Over 100 dollars off on a vape that is practically brand spankin' new.   Ya may want to check it out.