First grow - Bagseed LED Harvest pictures are in

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Genith, Oct 16, 2013.

1. They were about 4 inches, now 6 inches away. Any tips on cooling the grow area? Its pretty warm in there.

2. Add more fans. Try to get cooler intake

Check Out MY NEW Grow!!! :smoke:

3. Do u have ur thermostat in tent? May feel pretty warm but might b ok, fans and light cooler perhaps

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I don't have a thermostat yet.. couldn't find one at walmart, will try petco tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Added another 20watt 6400 and a thermostat. Just took a reading and my temp is 86 with humidity at 45%. Will add another intake fan tomorrow, hopefully that will bring the temperature down a bit. Now that I'm thinking about it, I do have the plants and thermometer pretty high in the grow chamber... it must be catching all the hot air.

Attached Files:

6. #26 Genith, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
    Day 5 vegging

It got cold overnight!!

The temp in the chamber hit a low of 70F and 35% humidity. Temp now is 77F and humidity is at 36%. Added a wet towel into a ziplock bag with holes in it.. hopefully that brings up the humidity some.

Both plants have an issue I'm worried about. One has bent over and is sitting on top of the soil. She was sitting right next to the intake so maybe all that cold air caused her to do that.. the third set of leaves are coming in and everything is looking healthy besides the stem.
    View attachment 127590
    View attachment 127592

Plant 2 is a bit bigger. and also has an issue I'm worried about. Yesterday it looked great, leaves were a nice solid green. Today I noticed the center of the leaves are a bit yellow. I also noticed it doesn't have its 3rd set of leaves coming in, this concerns me since this plant has been growing faster then the other. 
    View attachment 127589

View attachment 127594

Any advice? Or am i just being over worried?

7. #27 Genith, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
    Day 6

Im still seeing growth although the one stem is still laying on the soil. Im thinking she stretched to far and the stem was still to weak so she laid down. 

I also switched to a 19/5 light schedule today. hoping this helps with the temperarture and humidity.. I'm already seeing a great improvement. 63% humidity up from 43% and 75F down from 86F.

8. How far are lights, she shouldn't be stretching like that

9. Get rid of your intake fans!

Make all your fans exhaust and have just an opening for air to come in.

10. About 6"

11. Try 5 and find a way to keep it cooler. What spectrum are those bulbs

12. I managed to get it down to 77F and humidity is at 65%! They are all 6400k.

13. Day 7

Came home and the temp was 88F. Going to add another another outtake fan to get rid of some of the heat. 

The plant that was laying down is slowing picking back up and is showing its second set of leaves. While the other still has shown its next set of leaves yet the ones it does have continue to get bigger. 

14. Make your intake fan an exhaust and use a hole for an intake.

15. Bro check my thread... I started on bagseed and tiny CFL's in a old freezer.... Now I'm lushing out on some seeds from a bank 2 cabinets and the freezer is my emergency :p took first clones the other day :)

Sent from a large dark place on the internet...

16. I switched it around a bit ago. Ill check in the morning for the new temp.

You seedlings are definitely growing much faster then mine! what type of bulb/soil are you using?

17. using a 130W (real Watts) CFL its a foot long haha. and its 6400k 

My one thats in flower is under 2 of them but ones a 2700k

I got 3 of each color spectrum including a 5500k which is not that great for growing :)

Anyway, Yours are doing ok so far...

18. Day 12

Both plants have started to grow a bit faster now that I am turning the lights out for a few hours a day.

Plant 1
    Im getting some yellow leaves growing in.. only thing I can think of is that these are the leaves that were suppose to grow but hadn't, due to low humidity and high heat.
    View attachment 127910
    View attachment 127911

Plant 2
    She is still lifting up off the soil and looking really healthy!
    View attachment 127908
    View attachment 127909

19. Hoping to switch over to LEDs next week. The CFLs are causing to much heat and iv tried a bunch of different things to try to keep the temp down. Lately iv just been putting in ice packs, but still the temp isnt where I want it.

20. What are your temps?