First grow - Bagseed LED Harvest pictures are in

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Genith, Oct 16, 2013.

1. #1 Genith, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    Ok so im gunna use this thread to keep track of my grow. Any input or advice would be appreciated :)

I am using 3 20w 6400 CFLs, Will be adding more in time.
    I have 1 intake and 1 outtake fan
    Using organic seed staring jiffy mix

Planted yesterday after germinating for 3 days

Here is the grow space

Attached Files:

2. Move your lights closer. Around 4 inches away. If its not hot enough to burn the top of your hand then your cool. Cfl stay pretty cool. Glad to try and help if u have questions.

3. Ok, ill do that now. Also, should i put some reflective film on the ceiling in there?

4. How did you germinate the seeds?

5. I used the paper towel method

6. What kind of reflection is that? Is it aluminum foil?

7. No, its one of those rescue blankets you find in the camping section of walmart/target

8. I think that a better choice if possible to paint the walls with flat white paint and make sure its even. It reflects really well too. Also is there perlite in that soil?

9. #9 Genith, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    Hmm, I may paint the next go around. I'm on a tight budget and put this together with stuff around the house. Yeah the soil has perlite.. it's very airy and softSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Good. Does the soil have any added ferts? And trust me, I know ALL about having a tight budget lol. I'm doing an all cfl grow with bagseed seeds and cheap everything lol.

11. No ferts in the soil. I was reading its best to start with out fert

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yes if you plan on feeding them correctly and easily you don't want preferted soil. Have they sprouted yet

13. Following this shitttt. Yeee. I'm excited to see. 

14. I will be following as well lol

Check Out MY NEW Grow!!! :smoke:

15. Good job with the mini set up dude. Im just starting myself. Im on day 7 of growing. Do you have a device that reads the humidity and temp? There less then 10$ at walmart. 

16. I actually found my gauge tgat reads temp and humidity this morning before work.. I will be sticking it in there later. It hasn't been hot in there.

Should I add another intake fan or a small fan in the chamber to circulate the air better?

Also it looked like they were breaking soil this morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I think it should be fine. Just put the gauge in as soon as possible. so you can see exactly where the temp and humidity is set at. Than you will know if you need more light or more water in the air. lol congrats its exciting when they first start to grow! 

18. #18 Genith, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
    We have sprouts and they don't look to good! Yellow coloring on one of the leaves and the other has a brown tip! Any advice? I did move them away from the light about an inchSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

19. I think you made the right call Looks like light burn. i usually leave my lights much further away during sprout. Any stretch is taken care of in transplant.

20. How close were the lights? If they were 4 inches away they should havenever burnt your plant. I'm sure they will be fine tho

Check Out MY NEW Grow!!! :smoke: