Pineapple chunk 400watt grow box

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by zakkah, Oct 15, 2013.

1. #1 zakkah, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    Hey all starting my first grow. Got the seeds from herbies Converted half built snake tank into grow cabinet. Using a 400watt hps Using coco pearlite 60-40And locally made nutrients will list nutes at a later date. Germinated seeds in 24 hours and sprouted in 24 hours.Currently seedling is 1 week old Using under quarter strength nutes Will update as time goes on. Hot Australian summer coming up too. How do I cool this box ?! Aircon ? Guidance welcome

Attached Files:

2. #2 sapien, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    How dare you soil our hydroponic forum with your earthy nonsense! :)

I like the cab idea. Will you be adding a fourth wall to seal in the light? What about reflective walls? What lights are you using? You'll need to do a couple fans to cool your cab as well as try to control the temperature in the room that its in.

Keep up the good work!

3. Looks good, what brand are you using for your hps?

Sent from my PH44100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Hey máte coco is still hydro lol not into dwc yet. And iv got a fourth panel that is off to show inside. I'm gonna paint it white or put some reflective inside it. iv got a exhaust up top. Got the carbon filter on backwards because it's old and useless and too big . Got a smaller one orderd. Still gota get a couple of fans for inside it. it's going to be located under my garage (open area with shelter) that's why I'm thinking of having a small aircon on a thermo straight into it . So still only half finished I'll update as I do more . At what stage should I put the seedling under the hps light? Iv got a 24watt cfl on it at night and most of the day plus also a couple hours of sunlight.

The globe is Phillips. Was given too me so hopefully it does the job. Will get a new one for the second grow.

coco grow http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1253212-Pineapple-chunk-400watt-grow-box

5. Sooo. You know how it is. Go to work. Light slips. Because dumbass me didn't secure it. Light burnt one leaf and a little bit of another. Hope it survives :/ what do you think?
    Time will tell if she survives.

Attached Files:

She looks good, but it may end up effecting her growth and output. Time will tell!

7. See what happens Ay lol

coco grow http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1253212-Pineapple-chunk-400watt-grow-box

8. Gutting man, I reckon it will pull through though. That CFL will be good for a week and then you will need to double up or go straight under the 400

9. Lol pretty sad hey. Friend is hopefully giving me a ww clone next week. If that Happens this will be grown slowely and used as a mother. Actually come accross a 125 watt big cfl with a hood. No idea how old it is. So will use that for a few weeks then go under the 400. Thanks for commenting gold bro gro! Seen you lurking around other threads before lol will update in a few days :rolleyes:

10. Soo got the 125watt cfl on the seedling and it's now eight days since sprout. The burnt leaf hasn't stunted it at all. Noticed the fan leafs bigger and the new growth coming through. Cheering it didn't suffer. Got it in a fishtank out side(under cover ) with a fan blowing around inside. Also gettin a couple hours sunlight a day before I lock her in the box. Also got my chillis goin ready for summer!

11. How long before I should chuck her under the hps

Attached Files:

12. #12 GoldGrower, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
    Keeping it outside is going to give you a lot more problems than it will solve. Indoors under that 125w CFL for 18/6 with a small fan blowing is a perfect environment

I would probably keep it under there for two weeks if growth is good and it's a 6400kelvin (white/blue colour). If it's a 2700kelvin (yellow colour) you may aswell use hps a bit earlier. But if growth isn't very good then perhaps a bit later.

Sorry if that's confusing, it sounds simple in my head and then I write it down and I struggle to follow it myself lol

13. No it's not confusing at all mate done a lot of research myself. Yeah iv noticed all different bugs because of the light at night. So will put it indoors to filter out the bugs lol. Yeah it's 6400 light mate. Pretty decent output for 125watt
    Also got a set of 2foot T8 tubes. 18watt gonna use then to suppliment the hps I think. Bit of a broader light spectrum. So excited to get this bad girl crankin

14. Cool man, then that CFL should be good for 3 weeks possibly even more if growth is a bit slow

15. Today is week two since sprout and going strong . I think moved into cabinet. Going to line walls this weekend and put the hps light in. Atm just got the 125w cfl. The new leaves are pointing down does this mean anything? But since burning with the light growth hasn't seemed to stop.. is the first single jaggered leaf considered the first true leaves ? Want to fim her asap and start training so just unsure when I should top or fim. I know there's so much info but nothing's actually shown me with pics when to top a small plant.

Attached Files:

16. Also put into a bigger pot. Just because the container was shit that it was in without good drainage. Going to be put into the 50lt pot eventually. Just raised the pot right up close to the light. And got a fan just sitting in there for time being. It's just blowing next to the plant. Making it move just a tiny bit. Gotta get some better fans and mount in there soon. Slowely coming together. Also another friend has a few outdoor plants about 3 foot tall I was offered but it's bag seed and not in the best soil. I said just give me some final product lol

17. #17 Grow2dab., Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    Don't be to keen too rush into the topping just yet mate or you end up with a short bush lol

With my first attempt at both I noticed fimming works the best, it's a gamble you can't loose too cause if you stuff it up it will just turn out to be two heads, same as a top. Basically timing and location of your cut was everything with fimming for me.

My best turned into 6 heads and my worst was two with one smaller one. That was with next to no LST.

18. I need a short bush bro. A 1.2m wide bush under a screen lol want to get her wide as soon as possible to fill my entire grow area . Any idea why my fanies are pointing Down or is that normal

Youll probably need to give it 3-4 weeks before topping, but you could probably do some LST at 2-3 weeks. Over/under watering could be whats causing your leaves to droop. How often are you doing it? Whats your PH?

20. I was watering twice daily. Just started to do once daily and once it dried out the leaves went up.. ph is 5.8 I'll let it go another few weeks. Before topping .