Would anyone actually pay these prices for glass?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Michio Kaku, Oct 15, 2013.

1. What is good functionality

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. How good the pipe or bong delivers the smoke..

3. A roor gets the smoke to your lungs as well as a mother ship and as well as a soda can. What measures how 'good' it is?

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. how easy it is to use.. how easy the smoke gets to your lungs... how much smoke is produced from the amount of burnt weed... how much it takes to get high one one smoking device as opposed to the other.. like getting high off of a little bit of weed with a more efficient smoking device..
    So your saying a gravity bong works about as good as a soda can? that's a laugh
    they all obviously deliver the smoke but theres a lot of variables involved to show how good the thing your smoking out of works..

What bongs are hard to use? 

How easy the smoke gets to your lungs is known as drag. Generally cheap bongs with percs have really bad drag and more expensive well-designed bongs have close to none.

Theres bongs that get me more smoke out of my weed? 

I laugh at the thought of even comparing a gravity bong and a soda can. 

The differences in high end bongs come down to preference, kinda like buying an expensive car I guess. The cheaper variants will get you there, but the nicer ones have some luxuries.

6. No bongs are hard to use.. and to answer your question "Theres bongs that get me more smoke out of my weed?" yeah, gravity bongs help people with a little amount of weed and want to get high.. don't see how that isn't validation right there.
    Your bolded text is what I was trying to describe.

7. Damn right I would! (If I had the money)  :smoke:

8. I really dont think a gravity bong can get you higher than anything else with the same amount of weed. how does that even make sense?

9. I would.. If I could.

10. #30 1sttimegrower, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    :) Thank you for the good laugh. You talk down on expensive, "high quality" glass and then advocate buying a Roor in the same sentence.

Myself, I'd much rather buy a serviceable tube and still have 500 for other shit. I'll keep tossing the name apix around simply because I like what I got.

On topic though, no. Those bubbs are way overpriced. Looked at the first one you linked, 600$ for that work is bleh. IMO i'd never do it - sure it mighta taken the blower skill and time, but wheres the ingenuity? Lines on glass... Thanks, seen that EVERYWHERE. But that's just me - there are people who eat this stuff up :D

If I were to buy worked glass though, it'd probably be off facebook.

Most people have bitch lungs. That's is how this makes sense :D
    Taking many small rips = wasted bud.

Taking one giant rip = headrushinghigh.

11. #31 Michio Kaku, Oct 16, 2013
    I'm stating that there is quality glass without spending 500-700 fucking dollars. Yet I still see myself getting barked at by several of you, on the glassblower's cock.

Not one time did I talk down these pieces.. and I used Roor as an example of high quality glass that has a reasonable price compared to these.. I didn't "advocate" anything. 

You really don't give up do you? Just quit fucking arguing god damnit.

12. #32 InstaBlaze, Oct 16, 2013
    Geez man, it's not like no one knew you don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get decent glass. 

But seriously, do you think gravity bongs can get you higher than something like a bong or pipe with the same amount of bud?

also lol @ hopping on the glassblower's cock! very physicist-like

13. I would, that Kevin Murray bubbler is sick!

The price is not just for functionality, but for the artistic value, work, and talent. So you have a piece of art to admire, as well as get high with.

14. [​IMG]

That my brother is a toy model of a bugatti made out of gold and diamonds. Wanna know how much that puppy costs? Almost twice as much as a real bugatti veyron. There is no functionality of a 2million dollar toy model car...

I would gladly pay $500 for a beautiful bubbler or any one of those pieces you linked though (if I had money  :laughing: )

15. Lol okay.
    and yes, http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/337377-how-get-high-off-little-bit-weed.html
    I don't monitor my own statements just to sound physicist - like. I can say whatever I want so I do..
    I don't care if it makes me sound less intelligent or not. 

16. That's some of the most beautiful high quality glass I've ever seen.. I'd pay that amount in a heartbeat if I smoked more than I currently do.

17. well tell all the people that replied gravity bong that you refute their statement because your the god of weed and know everything

18. did you even read the thread? Plenty of people did that for me already

19. im gonna buy me one of them thousand dollar bongs what has all the fancy tubes and such, and then im gonna start a tumblr and put all these selfies of me and my bong on it.