Growing weed upside down underwater?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by DCrist721, Nov 25, 2006.

1. gravitropism doesnt effect tomatoes because they weigh so much. The plant still tries to grow up just cant.

Im thinking MJ buds wouldnt weigh enough to hold it down untill its to late. Then the buds would break the stems or eventually stress the plant enough to possibly turn it hermie. JMHO......

2. Plants can be grown with roots completely submerged all the time, try hydroton and water circulation. It's my low maintenance outside grower, I've even grown avocado from seed. I found the growth of an ironwood clone remarkable, same with morning glories, all grown outdoors. What I have noticed is that the leaves for the morning glory are twice the size below the waterline, compared to the leaves above the waterline. This tells me that the plant benefits when gravity can help get water to the leaves.

Hey, visit googleme.org and check out my friend's grow!

3. plant cant grow underwater, would rot. look at what bad humidity does alone. i think there might be even more in water....lol also light would be difused to much to penetrate the water to do any good

4. I see no benefit to growing underwater, might keep the airborne bugs off, but the waterborne decay would kill it sooner. Perhaps one day they can genetically engineer it with seaweed. Then, release it to the wild.

5. Plants can breath through pretty much the entire plant (stem, leaves, roots), but anything that gets submerged under water will die because it is not able to breath and becomes useless to the plant. It's just not possible. You can't bread a fish bird and you can't make aquatic marijuana.

Not saying scientist won't figure it out in 50 years, but with what we know now, it can't be done.

6. Dude,

I have plants with roots that have been submerged over three years (any 'ol kind of plant), so that kind of negates your argument. Want a visual? visit: googleme.org - Koi Pond | Aquaculture

7. this isnt about just roots. he said submerge the whole plant...read first. anyone can do a hydro grow.....it cant be done, man hi humidity alone will rot a plant never mind being fully submerged.

8. #28 pointswest, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
    What a case of the blind leading the blind. This certainly has no place in the advanced growing techniques. Try a 9th grade chat room.

PW

Attached Files:

9. Exactly. Root's can handle water, leaves and buds can't.

10. #30 FunTimeGrowHap, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2011
    Why are we talking in a retarded and ancient thread?

And why is the stupidest shit always in the advanced section?