My life in Boulder

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Amias, Oct 15, 2013.

1. I recently moved to one of the chillest places in the world, Boulder Colorado. I do photography as a hobby, so i'm going to post images i take of boulder and the surrounding area. I have only gone out to take pictures once, but I will try to make it a weekly thing from now on and post here every week.

Here is Picture number 1, it requires a little explanation. I hiked up a trail in the dark in Chataqua park after the 100 year flood and after the first snow of fall.  The trail cuts off early because the rest of the trail was demolished during the flood, but I hiked on further and found a spot where I could clearly see trees with the first flatiron.

this is a five minute exposure about an hour after sunset
    [​IMG]

2. Sweet

MR.CRONIK

3. beautiful 

4. I'd like to climb that beautiful precipice and smoke a bowl.

5. I want to move out there after I graduate! 

What are you doing there besides photography, if ya don't mind me askin

6. It is beautiful here, i would highly recommend it! and I am transferring schools, I am just living and working full time for a year to get in state tuition at CU for aerospace engineering next year.

7. Can't see it. Would love to live there.

8. Wow, that is beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Nice shot!  Keep them coming!

10. Beautiful, what was your ISO at?

Keep it up!

11. thanks for the comments guys, and iso was at 400 because it was cold up there and I didnt want to stay too long. 

12. I love boulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I got sick and stuff so it has been hard to get out there, but i finally went. [​IMG]

14. That is beautiful, and well done too.  You really seem to have the technical things down and you have a good eye for beauty too.  Thanks for sharing!

15. Keep them coming please!

16. Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. thanks guys! 
    and i will buddy crow, i will

18. #19 Amias, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    I'm a little less happy about this picture than my last, but i like the idea of it, the night i chose to go out was less than ideal though

this setting is outside of boulder off of boulder canyon.
    [​IMG]

19. Maybe it didn't quite work but it still is a nice photograph.  Thanks you!