TheAnswers QWISO Thread

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by TheAnswer121, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Sure it "works" but it isn't a clean solvent. Unlabeled mystery crap. Do what you do man, like I said, it won't kill you but people should at least be educated on what they are consuming.

2. Well I make mine with trim and 1/3 of my harvest allways goes to bubble hash :)

Chef.

www.projectstormthefilm.com

3. The goods.. lol. . uploadfromtaptalk1414958967450.jpg

4. Some of these pics look like they need to be rid of more iso. Lookin a little funky

5. When making qwiso do you have to put the material in the oven? If so for how long and what temps and Celsius or F? The thing is the first run I did I didn't do this and ended up with a green nasty looking oil that didn't set just stayed as oil.

The next time I do the same thing but make sure everything is super dry "didn't use oven" and that one come out a lovely golden colour and set nice.
    The thing is Iv seen a lot of people say about putting it in the oven helps something about dehydrate it or something just got me thinking by me letting it dry out would take help the quality of my oil? I mean the material I use is always bone dry to the touch but it much have some kind or hydrate still in it? Feel free to comment and help as I'm puzzled on what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I feel like using a food dehydrator on your material would end in better oil,  than using the oven.  The less heat the better and the qwiso is for vaping not eating right? I would not use heat on the starting material if the oil was meant for vaping because some of the thc will be converted to cbd.  Even if you have a vacuum just put your weed in it and pull a vac on it for like a day and thats better than the oven method too.  I just leave my weed in a brown paper bag with lil holes in it till its dry enough to my liking.

And what type of material were you using when you got the green goop?  Did you freeze everything first?  and how long did you wash for?

7. #267 Callummunns, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    I'm not going to lie mate the oven method didn't sound right to me but then again I am a beginner at the moment. I think I'll just let it air out for a wile then freeze it because the others that come out right I did that with, just wanted a quicker method of running my material in the morning that's all.

The green gloop come from some sugar trim but I don't think it was dehydrated enuf as it come out very green. Here's a pic View attachment 1645252 wash time was for 15 seconds as I'm abit cautious of how long to go for at the moment. And everything was froze for at least 24hrs, yes mate it is for vaping. Thanks for your help and comment mate!

8. i dont use the oven.

its clearly stated. let it evap, and scrape.

what you do with it beyond that, other than smoke it, i have no idea.

i know that shit will fuck you up good tho :smoke:

9. I'm not going to lie mate the oven method didn't sound right to me but then again I am a beginner at the moment. I think I'll just let it air out for a wile then freeze it because the others that come out right I did that with, just wanted a quicker method of running my material in the morning that's all.

The green gloop come from some sugar trim but I don't think it was dehydrated enuf as it come out very green. Here's a pic View attachment 1645252 wash time was for 15 seconds as I'm abit cautious of how long to go for at the moment

10. No you do not have to heat or dehydrate material at all. That is nonsense. Take your material and freeze for 24-36 hours as well as material. Then run it. Should have no green and great flavor.

11. #271 Callummunns, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    I think it's dry enuf anyway I just wanted to be sure before I did anything and messed it up. I freeze everything anyways mate then work with it why it's in a bucket of slush/ice it's usually works out well but it's just been one of those things that's bothered me since I got the horrible green mess. Thanks for your comment and help mate!

12. hi The Answer you got me thinking now about using the trim and the little buds at the bottom of the plant for your qwiso,,,thanks ,nice easy way to do things ,,,,,mac

13. #273 TheAnswer121, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    thanks for checkin it out

hopefully i'll get to update it before you run some, there's some tweaks here and there

most importantly imo, parchment paper

no more scraping a glass dish[​IMG]

14. Well when solvent extracting your removing the plant rosins from the tric's still basically the same but dry sift having intact tricomes has a different consistency and won't behave the same. Dry sift is also slightly less pure due to the cellulose membrane of the tricomes structure

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk

15. Got .35 off a handful of Super Lemon Haze trim.
    1439849449560.jpg

16. looks delicious[​IMG]

17. I think I fucked up with my coffee filter, curious if this is plant matter or my resin I think it's my resin ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441401653.930648.jpg

18. Think i jumped the gun it's going through with a little agitation

19. slight agitation shouldnt be an issue as long as you keep everything cold

the filter is there to clean out any contaminants, so thats just shit you dont want in there anyway

20. thanks man, never done the step with the filter before when I first started Qwiso. Had a bunch of trim and not the highest quality bud around and most videos I see recently and tutorials recommend the coffee filter, silkscreen, bubble bag etc for better purification. Thanks again for quick response and info