According to Grasscity Growers, what are the best grow tents out there?

GC Growers unite! Please give me feedback in this thread here

Thx

SJ

White Ash vs. Black Ash

• by Still Smokin
  • Nov 24 2006 11:13 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • Please log in to reply
  • iBurn

• Still Smokin
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:13 PM

So im probably gunna start a debate here :D , but...

I'm home from school for thanksgiving break and I posted a thread the other day how it sucked that I lost contact with all my dealers here at home since I been gone for the last 3 years at school. Well, I was chillin with some friends the other day and one of my buddies brothers deals so I asked him if I could get an 1/8th - he said no prob and I got my eigth for $50. It is the dankest shit i've seen/had in soooo long. I got these two little nugs in my bag and it weighed out to an 1/8th perfect...they were sooo dense and compact like BC buds and sooo crystally. Shit was sooo dank..i get sooo blazed off it.

anyways, heres the debate, I've heard this before, but my friends bro who sold me the dank said you know if weed is good after you burn it and look at the ash...if they ash is white than its some killer quality bud and if its blackish/brown than its lower quality bud grown/dried/cured in other fashions meant for mass production, not quality. I've never thought about this before until I burned this bud and the ash turned straight white and I was sooo blazed. Lookin back now..i can remember having some 'dank' bud that the ash turned blackish but i cant remember if i got less stoned or whatever :confused: . Whats your guys opinion on this? Is it BS or is it a reliable observation theory?
Replies (11)

• Gonzo

• DurbanPoison
  • Old School
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:16 PM

I'm pretty sure that if you hit anything enough times and the ash will turn white. I might be wrong though.

• Old School Stoner

• Stoooooner
  • Old School
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:17 PM

/\ DP I'm pretty sure you're right...I don't believe the color of ash has anything to do with the quality of the bud

• Swisher Sweet Smoka

• KeepSmokinReefa
  • Old School
  • 31,413 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:19 PM

I think it wuold jus mean its dryed properly.

• PipPipPip
  • Nor Cal
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:19 PM

Color of ash has nothing to do with quality. Black ash is still smokeable and when u burn it enough it will turn white and then it is cashed.

• kai su, teknon?

• boro
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 385 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:20 PM

properly flushed, dried, and cured bud should turn to a nice ash... not a hunk of black goo.

• Swisher Sweet Smoka

• KeepSmokinReefa
  • Old School
  • 31,413 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:21 PM

I'm pretty sure that if you hit anything enough times and the ash will turn white. I might be wrong though.

Think of it in a joint then. Ash it in a ashtry and itll either be light or dark ash.

So i would think it has to do with benig dryed properly to burn thoroughly.

• The voice of reason.

• Gumbo
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:06 AM

Color of ash has nothing to do with quality. Black ash is still smokeable and when u burn it enough it will turn white and then it is cashed.

That is correct.

• Permahigh

• Stratus
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:16 AM

I read that if it leaves a black ash it probably has some ferts/pesticides in it still. If you smoke a bowl of schwag youll see the ash is dark no matter how many times you hit it. Smoke a bowl of well grown and taken care of bud youll see theres a lot less ash and its a lot lighter in color.

• BrazyJay
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:32 AM

white ash means its a clean burn, black ash ive always heard is ferts or water... just what ive heard my weed usually always ashes white

• i'm just a soul whose intentions are good

• Ẅest Čoast
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 11,424 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:37 AM

my ash is purple...lol

• Banned

• skidoo
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 884 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 03:10 AM

my ash is purple...lol