Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

White Ash vs. Black Ash

• Please log in to reply

Still Smokin

Still Smokin

iBurn

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,981 posts
So im probably gunna start a debate here :D , but...

I'm home from school for thanksgiving break and I posted a thread the other day how it sucked that I lost contact with all my dealers here at home since I been gone for the last 3 years at school. Well, I was chillin with some friends the other day and one of my buddies brothers deals so I asked him if I could get an 1/8th - he said no prob and I got my eigth for $50. It is the dankest shit i've seen/had in soooo long. I got these two little nugs in my bag and it weighed out to an 1/8th perfect...they were sooo dense and compact like BC buds and sooo crystally. Shit was sooo dank..i get sooo blazed off it.

anyways, heres the debate, I've heard this before, but my friends bro who sold me the dank said you know if weed is good after you burn it and look at the ash...if they ash is white than its some killer quality bud and if its blackish/brown than its lower quality bud grown/dried/cured in other fashions meant for mass production, not quality. I've never thought about this before until I burned this bud and the ash turned straight white and I was sooo blazed. Lookin back now..i can remember having some 'dank' bud that the ash turned blackish but i cant remember if i got less stoned or whatever :confused: . Whats your guys opinion on this? Is it BS or is it a reliable observation theory?

DurbanPoison

DurbanPoison

Gonzo

• Old School
  • 4,663 posts
I'm pretty sure that if you hit anything enough times and the ash will turn white. I might be wrong though.

Emohnke

Emohnke

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 2,526 posts
/\ DP I'm pretty sure you're right...I don't believe the color of ash has anything to do with the quality of the bud

KeepSmokinReefa

KeepSmokinReefa

Swisher Sweet Smoka

• Super Moderator
  • 31,413 posts

Nor Cal

Nor Cal

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
Color of ash has nothing to do with quality. Black ash is still smokeable and when u burn it enough it will turn white and then it is cashed.

boro

boro

kai su, teknon?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 385 posts
properly flushed, dried, and cured bud should turn to a nice ash... not a hunk of black goo.

KeepSmokinReefa

KeepSmokinReefa

Swisher Sweet Smoka

• Super Moderator
  • 31,413 posts

Gumbo

Gumbo

The voice of reason.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,970 posts

Color of ash has nothing to do with quality. Black ash is still smokeable and when u burn it enough it will turn white and then it is cashed.

That is correct.

Stratus

Stratus

Permahigh

• Registered Upgraded
  • 364 posts
I read that if it leaves a black ash it probably has some ferts/pesticides in it still. If you smoke a bowl of schwag youll see the ash is dark no matter how many times you hit it. Smoke a bowl of well grown and taken care of bud youll see theres a lot less ash and its a lot lighter in color.

BrazyJay

BrazyJay

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,684 posts
white ash means its a clean burn, black ash ive always heard is ferts or water... just what ive heard my weed usually always ashes white

Ẅest Čoast

Ẅest Čoast

i'm just a soul whose intentions are good

• Registered Upgraded
  • 10,106 posts
my ash is purple...lol

skidoo

skidoo

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 884 posts

my ash is purple...lol