my mom is ashamed of me cus I smoke weed wtf

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Yummybud20, Oct 11, 2013.

1. i'm 28 and already graduated university with a bachelors degree and now I am in my second year of law school, and my mom is ashamed of me and thinks she failed raising me cus I smoke weed. It's fucking ridiculous.  Please don't tell me to send her information that smoking weed does not make you a drug addict, she refuses to listen to anything. she says she has done her research online and smoking weed makes you lazy, hallucinate (lol), and messes your brain. 

I feel sad because my mom and my sister are really my only family members and my mom doesn't get alone with me and just argues and refuses to listen to anything. she didn't get alone with me since I wear a little kid but she refuses to try and fix anything and just says it's my fault.  Today I called her to just say hi and she turned the conversation into an argument about me smoking weed and how she is ashamed of me etc. so ridiculous. she might die anything, and  she refuses to try and get along with me.    I know I can't fix anything with her it's sad. She says she does not care if I become a lawyer, if I smoke weed she is not happy and thinks i'm a failure. wtf there is no logic to that at all. but like I said she refuses to change her mind, that's just her belief. 

2. Just got to prove her wrong

3. lol. I don't think this is in the right forum...... does "relationships" include family relationships?

4. Sometimes it might be better to lie. If I was you, I'd probably hide it from her, and if she ever asks, tell her that you stopped smoking weed. That's really unreasonable on her part... I can't comprehend how people still think like that about cannabis.

yeah but she is just arguing with me and refuses to get along with me and she is getting old, and had a blood clot last year. she can just die before that.   

yeah I should have lied, but I am honest, I told her I have weed and I blaze sometimes. 

7. watch when you get your career going and see how she turns around.

8. yeah..... but like I said I worry she may die suddenly and it will suck her acting like this with me.  It just bugs me a lot because I don't really have any other family I know except my sister.

9. but you are right suplove if she sees me get hired at a law firm and work hard she might change her mind. right now i'm still in school and she might think weed is messing up my grades or I won't get a job.

10. She may be afraid you will fail a drug test and not be able to get a job/lose your job? Thats a rational fear.

11. not where I'm from they won't do drug tests specially drug tests for a lawyer lol. 

12. she has a point....had u not been smoking weed u be a lawyer by now...weed made u lazy....jk

13. haha my grades from last year were not great because I was spending too much time with this girl I liked and I screwed up some of my grades, so I probably won't find a summer student law job this summer but if I fix my grades I'll still end up getting a job when I graduate.

14. I have to admit I am a bit behind this year also, but it's not because of weed. the work load in law school is huge and i'm just having trouble keeping up on my readings.  I'm going to try and catch up a bit this weekend. but yeah it has nothing to do with weed. I'm not blazing when I have readings to do or going to class stoned.  I just smoke a dub or hit my vape sometimes when I want to relax a little 

15. #15 lazytoker, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2013
    I don't think weed makes people lazy. Well it affects everyone differently... But some people (like me) are just lazy anyways. I had to quit smoking for a year before, and I was actually more lazy than when I smoke.

16. I can't believe a mother would be ashamed of her own son. I'm sure she still loves you op, but she just never imagined you'll be smoking. I hope it gets legalized in her lifetime so she can see how wrong she was. Cheer up op, just try to gradually explain marijuana truths with your mother here and there. Tell her some facts she might be untreated in, like George Washington's hemp farm or something. That worked for my mom

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. hmm ya. if I get hired next year at a firm, she'd probably change her a mind a bit I think....  I live in a weed friendly place, but there are still anti-weed people.  My female friend I study with knows I blaze and she is really anti-weed, she told me if her mom found out she smoked weed she'd take her to rehab. sad, but there are still people that just think weed is illegal = bad, and you're doing "drugs".  it's funny some of these same people like my friend, go out and get wasted and  puke and act like idiots and then judge me for smoking a joint.

18. Facts man gotta hit her with loads and loads of facts and people that haved smoked and turned out alright. Well thats what worked out for my mom. Maybe show her a movie showing postivie things about marijuana.

19. Sorry to say this, but I dont think your mom loves you if she's acting like that even though you're finishing law school and doing your thing. 

20. Just put her in a headlock and drag her into your room.