FIRST grow apt closet DANK INPUT INPUT INPUT INPUT

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by iDoPot, Oct 9, 2013.

1. OH

I forgot to tell y'all this closet is on my 3rd floor balcony!!! If that changes anything....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The most important thing is don't over water it. What I've been doing, which has worked for me, is water it every 2-3 day. Or move a small part of the top layer of soil out the way to see if the middle soil is still moist. If it's dry then water. Plants store water so you shouldn't t have to water it every day or every other day.

Nah I don't do drugs. I smoke weed.

3. I will post more when I see progress.
    Thanks everyone.

4. 🙏

5. UPDATE! Plan B :

The seed didn't make it like I expected due to the fert.

However this is ok bc I was unsure if it was a male or female

I am unsure where I want to get my new seed from, but know I want a feminized seed from an exotic plant.

Any suggestions on the best source for feminized seeds? I have never purchased them before I have only found them so I am unfamiliar with the best places.

6. Bought my seeds from attitude. I researched it and found a lot of good comments from them. I've heard next generation seeds are good to tho I haven't bought any from them. I think i will try them out next time to see how they are...... Unless someone beats me to it.

If you do get seeds may I suggest autos..
    You'll hear people talk shit about autos but for beginner they are perfect. The WW I'm growing at the moment is an auto and as a beginner I found it to be very educational for me.

7. Hmm I'm not really too familiar with autos. Are they just what they sound like?

8. Why should I choose autos over feminized?

9. All autos mean is that they automatically switch to the flower stage. So you don't have to worry about switching the light source from 24/0 to 12/12. I believe as soon as it sprouts it starts flowering. So it gives the grower more time to worry about feeding and taking care of the plant as a whole. The only downside is that they yield less. ( because of the size. Small then regular seeds)

10. But I believe they come feminized already. The site should explain more about it.

11. That actually sounds perfect because I don't want to consume that much energy with the 24/0. The autos sound much more low cost in the long run as well. And the small size yeilds aren't a problem either since it's my first grow. Thanks for the info!!!
    Which type of lights would be best for autos?

12. I think you misunderstood him, autos would have the lights on 24/0. Instead of having to switch to 12/12. Autos are just like any other plant, use CFL's until it's bigger then stick under an MH for veg and HPS for flower, or you could just do HPS from seed but you wont get as dense of growth.

The one main piece of advice that I could give is to learn. I saw your first few posts and I looked at the soil you used and your set up and it kind of looks like you just half ass through it all together. I mean...if you're going to grow, why not do it right?

13. From start to where I'm at now, I always kept it at 18/6. I did research and for me that was the best. Some keep it 24/0 but I've read it wouldn't make that much of a difference between 24/0 and 18/6.. I have cfl lights. Three for one plant. You want to imitate the sun so you want to have a lot of light for ur plants.. Some do lEd..(blue for veg and switch to red for flowering or something like that.)

14. I totally agree that if I grow I should do it to full potential. The thing is that setup was only my initial setup. I now have Mylar and other 60W cfl grow lights coming right now. So that setup was just for the initial growth and then I was going to beef everything up after the first 2 weeks or so..

15. Oh and what's wrong with the organic soil I am using now? I am just wondering what I could use or add to it instead. If there is anything I can add to the soil I would rather do that then going and buying a whole new bag.

16. Nothing is wrong with it at all, but seedlings can't handle such a hot soil.

Here's one of my favorite seed starting recipes:
    • 3 parts Basic soil (A good basic soil will consist of sphagnum peat moss, fine perlite, dolomite, and usually some light starter nutrients)
    • 1 part organic earth worm castings (1-0-0)
    • Mycorrhizae (GreatWhite or MycoMadness)
    And that's it! 100% germination every time. As for your soil, that will be good to transplant into after they have grown for a couple weeks and filled out their starter cups. Then that soil will probably last you through veg but during flower you will likely have to add supplemental nutrients in liquid form or in a compost tea.

17. #37 Michio Kaku, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
     A good rule of thumb is 100W per plant. You need to use HID lights instead of CFLs. HIDHut offers 400w 600w and 1000w package deals that include the reflector bulb and ballast. 400w - $200 600w - $300 1000w - $400

Noone ever runs 24/0 lighting for anything other than a true auto (contains ruderalis genes),,
    That is a tell-tell sign that you got some legit Rudie, if it handles a 24/0 light schedule.
    But OP if you're only doing 1 plant I wouldn't suggest an auto based on not having to switch the light source.. That's a very small task for such a big change in setup..
    Any typical plant (non auto) that is indica, sativa, or hybrid will use a 16/8 schedule, then 12/12 for flowering.
    There are other downsides besides just the lesser yield, if you don't carefully choose your auto strain then you may end up with some regular sensimilla at best (especially under CFLs) , instead of quality medical grade bud. The potency can be dramatically effected in autos, so choose wisely and do your homework.
    It's all about 2 things : Genetics and Environment.
    Also, having to change your light schedule is a very small task, so If this tiny to-do is going to effect your effort in growing some top shelf or take away from it then you shouldn't even grow if your that much of a bitch.
    Effort makes quality bud..

I totally agree with MH in veg and HPS in flowering. Although HPS works great in any case, even veg, it may negatively effect space between internodes, so that's when MH is necessary. It's good to have a reflector that's compatable for High Pressure Sodium AND Metal Halide bulb types instead of having to dish out more cash.

Like washedmothafucka said, If your going to grow, why not do it right?

18. HUGE UPDATE TO MY CLOSET SETUP!

Let me know what you think and if I am doing anything that I shouldn't be doing.
    I'm a noob keep that in mind!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383767399.874816.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383767425.576134.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383767467.426295.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383767532.375377.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383767567.612377.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383767708.082283.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383767737.438447.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383767788.942840.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383767851.374576.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383767872.289960.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383767898.773996.jpg

19. 1/2 tablespoon/gal fox farm liquid pant food + few drops of rapid start / gal + 1 gallon of purified water.

I soaked my rockwool cube in this formula then after an hour I adjusted ph to 6.0-6.5 then took out cube.

I placed my germinated feminized white widow seed into the rockwool cube root down about 1cm down. I placed the cube with germinated seed in humidity dome with 2 23W Natural daylight CFls hanging above dome ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383768297.208017.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383768372.989776.jpg @ around 80% humidity. They have been in there for almost 12 hours.