Stoner tool kit /Items re-purposed.

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Jackbear13, Oct 7, 2013.

1. I'm not talking about weed, bongs, pipes, vaporizers or whatever smoke-to-lung passage device you choose or even grinders or lighters. Just what tools have you found or got from something non smoking related.

For instance on my rolling tray,which is a med rubbermaid lid I have a brush from my beard trimming kit. I use it to get any stuck weed out of my grinder and to gently brush my keif out. I also have a pair of tweezers that triples as a roach clip, a stirrer and picker.

There are so many ways to smoke so I figure stoners can be pretty crafty and would like to hear all mcguyver stories.

2. Forgot to mention some kind of plastic card, helps round up all the weed, scoop it up and you can roll the card on top of the weed to help find seeds.

3. might sound weird but I hate touching my weed when its ground up so in my desk I keep a folded up CTA pass and a pen cap. I scoop out a snaps worth with the CTA pass and pack it down with the flat side of the pen cap. Just a weird little quirk of Ratios.

4. I use bobby pins to get res/ash out of my bong when it gets clogged.

I don't grind much weed at a time (only .1-.3 grams usually). I feel like it's almost pointless to use a grinder with that little weed, so I use the small clear cap thing that goes over a spray bottle and kiddy scissors. Works like a charm. 

5. A mate of mine made me a small metal box (enough to fit a king size papers packet in diagonally). I basically use it to carry around my weed rolling/smoking stuff which usually consists of a packet of king size papers, a bus ticket (my favorite thing to make roaches out of ),  weed, grinder, a lighter or 2, maybe some ciggies. Everything I need for a good outdoor sesh :smoke:
    Inside, I use all the same things but I roll on a piece of wood around 20x10cm, or just use my bong!

I would honestly recommend a little box to carry around your "tool kit" in, has never failed me! Also tends to help me not to forget anything I need :D.

6. Docs gave me a Monoject 412 curved-tip syringe a long time ago for irrigating an incision from a surgery. It's supposed to sorta work like a Waterpik.

Now sometimes I have a little area of resin in the inside of my spoon that won't dislodge itself after an iso wash. The wash does loosen it enough that it should fall off with some force though. So I use the Monoject to suck up some of the alcohol, stick the tip into the carb, and then shoot at the resin. Cleans it out like a champ  :smoking:

7. got an empty hash container that has some melted beeswax in it that i use as an ash tray, few candle and food jars that ive reused for soaking pieces in simple green, i use a coffee mug warmer to melt beeswax to make beeline, guitar picks in der grinders, among others things haha i repurpose alooot.

8. I bring a container of tooth picks. I think the one I have right now came with like 250 tooth picks I think. They are the perfect sizes to turn a bowl and poke through the hole if its clogged. And it takes a long time to run out of them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Rolling tray
    M card (to rest the skin in)
    Clipper for use of flint as a podge.
    A roach book.

10. Ipad as rolling tray.

And I always have a paper clip with me in my wallet. As well asmsome papers.
    Ready to roll anywhere.

11. Well lol I took a alligator clip and a silly band my sister made me and made me a custom roach clip lol :)

12. I used those flat pieces of wire from street sweepers as resin Scrapers.. Work great

13. #13 SilenceDestroys, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
    I'm a Type I Diabetic. Being so, I have to check my blood sugar a lot. So I keep two bottles of test strips with me; one of them actually has test strips in it, and one of them is the perfect size to carry about a quarter O of preground herb, or close to four G's of buds.

14. #14 kfgk14, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    I have, in my stoner shoulder bag which sits in my closet and literally never leaves the house and needs to be replaced with a LOCKING footlocker:
    (3) paper clips, one of which is all bent up for scraping resin
    (1) 4 inch mini skewer, also for scraping resin
    (1) 4-latch clear 4" x 4" x 1.5" Tupperware (Wal-mart brand) for rolling over, storing ground bud in, packing over, etc.
    (1) folded business card from a now-defunct smoke shop, used for scooping up bud/kief, consolidating whatever's floating in the bottom of the Tupperware, etc.
    (1) 3" x 6" mason jar for large pickups
    (1) LED mini-mag-lite with spare batteries and headband for hands-free illumination while rolling, packing, grinding, etc
    (1) grinder, obviously
    (1) Jack Link's Beef Jerky chew tin for carrying bud around
    (fuck-loads) of accumulated baggies
    (2) unmarked pill bottles, 1 full of stems and 1 full of kief
    (1) basic mini Victorinox Swiss Army Knife for random shit you need a Swiss Army Knife for
    (10) lighters in various states of functionality. Pro-tip, get lost in the woods while baked or otherwise? the spark from a lighter can be used like a flashbulb to look at short sections of the trail ahead and avoid breaking your ankle five miles in the woods from mom's house.
    (several) random socks that I've lost the matches to or retired due to holes. Excellent for wrapping up a spoon, slide, etc.
    (several) rubber bands for random shit
    (1) condom. Just in case.
    (several) hose clamps. I always find uses for these making bongs.
    (1 roll) of electrical tape, for making bongs, good because it stretches and is safer than duct tape in close proximity to things that get hot (that's the lie I tell myself because I'm way too cheap for good glass lol)
    (1 roll) duct tape, again for making bongs, mainly for big tasks (connecting bottles, repairing breakage, etc.)
    (1 roll) scotch painter's tape, for fitting down-stems/slides in home-made bongs. It compresses more than electrical tape and duct tape when wrapped in layers, and thus can be used for snugness fitment.
    (2) tee shirts for wrapping up bongs, mopping up spilled bong water, soaking in vodka and making bandages out of because you're in a little over your head at a party and end up getting sliced by some wicked drunk asshole who can't handle your non-interest in the drink he poured you, etc. They're somewhat blood stained, get cycled out when they smell/look too nasty (burn them) and if I bring the shirts wherever I'm going I make sure they're a different color than the shirt I'm wearing. Should you run from the blues at some point, change shirts and you've cut their ability to identify you down. Sometimes I'll even toss in a spare set of gym shorts, same reason.
    (1 roll) fairly thick copper wire. I don't know why, McGuyver'ing bongs is just easier when you have more to work with. There was I time when I had some specific use, but I forget now
    So yeah, I roll heavy. I also have some sheets of yoga mat material in here too for packaging larger glass and for random construction needs, it's good stuff and you can get it at kitchen supply stores as drawer bottom padding I think, or some shit like that? I had some left over from my parents remodeling their kitchen. And yes, my messenger bag is fucking overflowing.

It's kinda bad, despite having all that I'm still always going to my garage/kitchen/car/basement for supplies to build the "perfect" bong/pipe.

15. I use the strings on the my sweatshirt to push down the ends of the blunt. always have them right when I need it :smoking:

16. all my mates call it a clamp card, i call it M card, cos its an M. soo many debates whilst baked about this hahaa

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1387390215.942763.jpg Here's a pic of a few thingsI have a baby wipes box. In there I keep my bowl, my jar bubbler, airtight doob tube for grinded weed, a needle, a lighter, a folded card for easily funneling the shake into the tube. Along with my box full of tools, I carry a wooden slab, stash jar, and my smoke buddy in a tote bag. I recently found an old pouch that I never used and can carry my bubbler, lighter, and tube all in there to make things even simpler for me

OMG thank you so much for this tip. I had one brush that came with my beard trimming kit and never used it, now it sit in my tool kit. Thanks again!

19. Lol no problem, it really is a handy little tool for most occasions.

I recently bought a small "fancy" metal tray from the dollar tree and set in the middle of my aforementioned rubbermaid lid to contain the weed but still have access to all my tools.

20. Hermione420. I really like the gizmos you came up with, very clever stuff. Might have to "steal" a, few ideas off you ;p