im so fucking tired, so why cant i sleep?

Discussion in 'General' started by Buddha_monk, Oct 7, 2013.

1. as the title says, im so fucking tired, but i still cant sleep. ive clsoed for 5 nights straight, go to school mornings.
    i am exhausted.
    frustrated.

its been like this for 4 years.
    no matter how tired, my body and mind get, i cant sleep.

contributes to about 75% of why i want to blow my brains out everyday.

its 4:07 am now. i have to be up for school at 7:30. i wracked up about 3 hours of sleep last night, played guitar, then went to work and closed.

i cant take this anymore. 

it feels like my life is a painting, but the white space on the canvas is overpowering and ruining the beauty of it.

and therres nothing going on in my life anyway. no reason to live a miserable life. im not going to kill myself, but im pretty fed up with being alive.

gonna get some production and recording software soon for my music, i hope itll give me more to work for and hopefully finally get some start up for my music. i used to just play for me, i felt good when i do it. but now, i feel like if im not doing something with it, its pointless and it  being pointless just klls it for me.

ive tried and tried and tried to get something going, find a band, play with other musicians. the only ones that i can find either have a different vision, or arnt serious enoujgh for anything to happen.

its this dead fucking town. there is not a single person in this whole state doing anything with music that isnt rap. i wish i was a rapper.
    i wish i was a better artist.
    i wish i could write.
    i wish i could rewind 4 years.
    i wish i couldnt hear the morning birds already.

so frustrated

jsut venting.
    i think ill continue using this thread to vent, too. maybe itll help

2. turn all the lights off? Or don't think about sleeping. And you will

Peace

3. turn all the lights off? Or don't think about sleeping. And you will

Peace

4. #4 swimswimswim, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
    bro i cant sleep either most nights. like right now its 4:24 am and i have to fly a small plane in 6 hours, unless these clouds keep up

some shit just dont work, i smoke good weed, but the brain just isnt ready to shut down

5. #5 AlphaOmega420, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
    Look into sleep disabilities man, I have something very similiar to what your describing, its called Delayed sleep phase syndrome, its a circidian rythm disorder which basically means I lack specific hormones that initiate sleep. So essientelly I have perpetual jet lag if I try and force myself to wake up and go to sleep at "normal times"

I can go into it abit more indepth but basically its a hereditary disorder that affects about 3 people out of 2,000.

There is no cure, only management options. Weed helps alot to calm the mind but unless its a very strong indica it won't knock you out.

This is a very hard disorder to deal with, its ruined plenty of friendships and relationships for me and I wish I could just fall asleep at normal times too :(

6. yea its like im tired of being tired.  some months it gets so bad i end up going through phases of no sleep at all until i just pass out somewhere.

week and a half ago it was 3 straight nights, school in the morn, work at night. no sleep at all, on the fourth night, i stood up off the couch to get my guitar, got a head rush and passed out. slept through school and all. 

worst part is that ive been depressed my whole life and all the extra time i have at night just gives me more time to think about it

7. i just googled what you said alphaomege. not the kind of person to self diagnose, but it described perfectly what goes on when im trying to sleep. i need to get some more money saved up and see a doctor or something

8. Yea I know how you feel, I remember first having trouble going to sleep when I was around 8 years old. Sometimes I try and stay up the whole day and try to like reset my clock but it never lasts for long and I end up just going to sleep at 5am eventually...

It sucks because of how lonely you feel when everyone else is passed out and your the only soul awake for miles around. Sometimes I go for walks around town to try and help my mood but its a tough way to live espiecally when noone around you can understand what its like, and I am usually accused of being lazy. Sleep depravation and depression is common in people with DSPS, as is ADD but thankfully I dont think I have that.

Most sleep docs misdiagnose DSPS with chronic insomnia but once you fall alseep I basically stay asleep, unlike a insomniac

9. Psst. Hey buddy...... you asleep?

10. na i went to school around 7. didnt sleep. wouldve felt worse on an hour or two than if i just breeze through it. 
    managed to keep myself occupied so i didnt think about how exhausted i felt, until i started working on a paper and it just hit me like a wave.

got some mac n cheese at my moms house tho when i got home, which was cool.

now comes the agonizing part where i desperately try to stay awake so i can sleep through the night. nothing to really occupy me tho. gonna look into some more music recording software to pass time.

i feel like everything is delayed a quater of a second. my reaction time is definately delayed, and i found myself zoning out while driving which was scary. rectified the problem after i caught myself tho.

heads fuckin pounding. holy shit.

maC n cheese with my mom was awesome tho. also saw my old theory teacher and he helped me out by giving me some notes for my music. also pretty cool. my dog is sleeping like a rock next to me, lucky bastard.

in a way, im already scared for tonight. i cant handle it if i dont sleep! at least i got a couple days off from work this week! a nice break, i need it lol

11. Alright so we have three major points: 1. depression 2. lack of sleep 3. loneliness all of which contribute to laziness & symptoms mimicking adhd. And we all love herb. I don't like where I'm going with this...

12. You should get checked out man. Sleep disorders can be really draining and detrimental to your quality of life. Hopefully you can find something that works :( . Not sleeping effects a whole lot of things.

13. Ever tried some Tylenol PM? I know it's not the best solution, but if you really can't sleep, fuck it. Pop that shit until you get to see a doctor.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lay off the crank bruh

15. fell asleep fairly early but woke up and tried this, just made me feel really groggy lol but i feel pretty good today, got an overalll good amount of sleep and killled a test today

feel the right amount of tired atm that i think ill actually get to sleep at the ideal time! plus i get to wake up late.

also, have class with this incredibly sexy girl, i THINK we were kinda vibin there at the end of class last time too lol as far as leagues go, she in another galaxy but shit, got nothin to lose so wth

damn i feel so much better well rested

16. Good for you! Also, try warm milk and reading a book before bed. You can also try sex with that girl you're talking about. Very easy to sleep after sex. :p ehehe

17. Try working out during the day. I have similar sleep problems, and working out is honestly one of the best ways to make it easier to sleep

18. I suggest you change up your life for a little. If you work and have enough money take some time off. Take a semester off from school. You just got to change things up and experience something different for a change. Maybe talk to a doctor about your sleeping and see if you can change any habits so u can finally sleep or get medicine for it

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. aaaaaaaay we were talkin a good bit today but a convo got carried away  with this other dude in the class an i kinda made myself look bad

20. This ones for you buddha_monk..
    http://youtu.be/nMmSDDmu-gI