Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help With My Grow Box. Too Hot

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JayGrow, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Hi all. I'm new. I've done my research and have started my first grow. The dimensions are 10 1/2 x 23 x 27 inches. Not a big box. I have 2 exhaust fans at 92mm and 40cfrm with activated charcoal filters. I also have 4 holes on the bottom that im going to put light traps on. The CFM of both Exhaust fans are 40. I have a passive intake. 5 14w CFLs.

I had more but it was just too hot in there. It gets up to about 90f with the door closed. I have to leave it open so it can stay cool. Pretty much defeats the purpose of covering it with reflective material if it's going to be open. I have the walls covered with car sun reflectors. I ordered 120mm 80cfm fans because I assumed I needed stronger fans. Does anyone have any advice?

Attached are the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Absolute beginners area would garner most replies. No offense jus trying to help;)

3. What are the sun car reflectors made out of? Could they be insulating your cab?

sent from my goddamn phone

4. This. I would go to Walmart and get a few of the Mylar emergency blankets in the camping section...like $2 each. Those reflectors are kinda thick from what I recall and would act like insulation.

5. The 120 fans will help, put as much airflow as you can put in that bitch and if all else fails use less lights. You want intake in the front and sides and outtake on the back and top at least that's how your supposed to ventilate a computer tower correct me if I am wrong. 

6. I agree witht he above posters about the sun reflectors. Definitely switch to Mylar. It's cheap, probably much cheaper than the reflectors, so I'm not sure why you went with those.

7. It's cool. Your right, but I just signed up and went to the first place to post lol. No offense taken.

8. You know what, I was thinking that when I bought it because it seems insulated. But I kept reading that it was good for the box so I got it. Just ordered the Mylar. Thanks for the quick reply.

9. I keep reading that the Exhaust is suppose to be on top and intake on the bottom. I have a discreet grow box so the intake in the front would take away from that. Thanks for the reply though.

10. Yup, just ordered it. Thanks.

11. Thanks for the reply guys. I will change it to Mylar before installing the bigger fans and see how that works. Will keep you guys posted. How many plants do you think I can grow in that box?

I would recommend only 1. You can LST the hell out of it and probably pull a decent yield.

13. 1 fan? Originally I had only one and 2 passive intake holes. But then I had the heat issue and put up another fan and some more intakes holes. I'll try one fan. These are my practice plants......they are just regz. As soon I wave everything in line I will start planting my good stuff :0)

14. I went that route because it was easier to get. Where I live they have the reflector for $5 and they are huge so I got 2 of em. I am switching to mylar though. Thx.

15. Would any of you recommend a good LST tutorial? There is soo much info out there that a lot of them contradict each other, I rather get direct advice from people who have been doing it and works for them. There is using tape, tying them and paper clips. Don/t know what route to take.

1 plant.

17. You can do this one...

http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-medical-marijuana-growing/430113-lst-low-stress-training-step-step.html

Or this one which goes perfectly with topping...

http://www.rollitup.org/general-marijuana-growing/438784-lbhs-4-way-lst-tutorial.html

As for your question..I prefer pipe cleaners when LSTing in pots..sometimes fishing line too

Nothing is "regs" if you grow it properly and with care.

19. Im saying the seed i planted was from regular bud. Some cheap stuff my brother gets. But I get what you mean.

Oh I feel you. Bagseed. It was probably some dank ass strain before the mass growers (probably mexican cartel) got ahold of it. then they grew it like shit and compressed.