Washington State MMJ Gutted?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Pie Romania, Oct 6, 2013.

Hope for the best expect the worst is my day to day motto.

I have been involved in the medical marijuana "movement" in this state since 2009. If they really try to fuck us over completely I'll be right there fighting with the rest of you. I just don't see it happening like that. It would be met with great resistance...

All I'm saying is don't freak out about it. They are going to make changes, but this isn't a fascist state. Like I said before, the law that we passed explicitly states that there will be no changes made to the original medical marijuana laws. The original law mentions very little about large grows and legal dispensaries and that is what they are trying to regulate. I honestly think they could care less about somebody growing their 15 plants and possessing 24 ozs...maybe I'm wrong but I really think they are more worried about the "big fish"

They want our system to be more like Colorado IMO, and CO has a great system. It's just more regulated.

2. https://lcb.app.box.com/draft-recommendations

Collective gardens, home grows eliminated. 60 day supply lowered to a one week supply, oh and medical patients will be able to get the taxes slightly cut....no local and state tax, but STILL having to endure all those other taxes that jacked up the pricing.

Pretty sure I'm leaving this state.

3. I look at it this way. I grow my own and have for 30 years. I can grow enough for me and another MM person easy.

Im just always going to grow, I wont be a dipshit and grow 600 plants and run 12,000 watts of power at home.

This year I grew 3 plants outside that will last me all year, dont get greedy and overgrow and get yourselves in trouble. I have an indoor winter crop under a single 1,000 watt MH, plenty for the people I provide for. I don't need to supply the town.

I predicted a while ago that the state would fuck it all up. Im not going to fund the state dope dealers, fuck em. I will grow my own food too and they cant stop me.

yea fuck em.

4. What generally is a good time of the year to grow outside in WA on the westside?

Me and a buddy are getting a house in Edmonds in a few months, would like to break in the yard with a few beginner plants lol.

5. #26 4shotmark, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
    If people would have made Medical Marijuana legitamate and not a bunch of kids in the first place, then I might have some more sympathy. When I see sights like Weedmaps and such, I don't blame them for thinking it's just a thinly veiled trick to making some people "valid" and "legit" cannabis smokers, when in reality many that have cards are just trying to get high and many that don't have cards are just trying to medicate. Clearly I don't think this but it's a very easy misconception to fathom. I totaly see what they are saying.

On another noteI have gotten criticism for smoking illegally from legal patients and I'm not even in a med state. Saying I am the one taking away from the cannabis movement? Yes it has amazing medical properties, but it's also used for relaxation and a tool for introspection. Who can say that people are wrong for wanting to use cannabis for those effects? Most patients I have med are wonderful people, but certain patients I have seen, especially on GC, seem to be pretty smug about it.

If you are a legal Medical Marijuana smoker and are able bodied, that's kind of dumb to be buying your bud and not growing  in the first place.

6. Again, what did people expect when they wrote an initiative that allows no home grows, 75% tax rate, a cap on the number of stores?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCRP74YqPIg

Rick Simpson warned others about his fears about people trying to legalize marijuana, under the guise of complete "regulation and taxation" for their own self-interest.

I-502 is a good example of this. The peopple who supported I-502 said that Colorado's Amendment 64 would probably not pass or do as well as Washington's I-502, because apparently Amendment 64 was not as "conservative" as I-502, yet it polled the same.

Measure 80 had almost no funding and it polled at 46.5%, which was about the same as Proposition 19 in California, which had major funding (supporters outspent opponents 3 to 1 for Prop 19). Measure 80 was by far the least restrictive initiative (far less than I-502, and less than Prop 19 and Amendment 64), and would have legitimately legalzied marijuana (and hemp).

7. Start under lights indoors,get a nice moter or two to clone and set clones out in may-june. I wait till july on the east side to I dont end up with huge trees. good luck, be cool.

8. Remember that these are still recommendations at this point and nothing is going to happen till 2015.

That being said, this still worries me. I'm okay with them regulating the actual stores and the medical recommendation process but taking away home grows? That's fucked up. I don't care if they reduce the amount of plants but taking it away completely? The patients are not going to accept this quietly. There will be a revolt if they try to go through with this. 

9. #31 LQ142, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
    They would have to amend I-502 to make these changes. I really don't think that ALL of these recommendations will go through. This is the start of negotiations. The pro medical side has money and lawyers too. Just my two cents...there will be changes, and the pro medical side will have to negotiate. I just don't see everything on that list of recommendations actually happening.

Maybe it is just the optimist in me, but I don't see them eliminating small personal grows. There is absolutely no way of enforcing that. Collective garden grows? Yeah I could definitely see them going after those for further regulation and taxation. I can make my own beer and grow my own food. Why can't I grow a few plants?? I don't even need 15, I would be fine with 6. I don't need 24 ozs, I would be just fine with 8. Fuck this pisses me off 

10. This is REALLY scaring me. I stick to the letter of RCW 69.51A and I am able to produce my own medicine affordably.

If the recommendations that LCB and DOH come to be, along with the "moratoriums" that many cities/counties are putting in place, my monthly cost for medicine will likely be around $350 a month. I will have to drive 90-125 miles (each way) to the nearest "502 store".

These potential changes will drastically affect most all low income patients as well as those in rural areas.

Is anyone aware of any organised opposition?

11. I thought I would phone the dispensaries that I visit when I go to the big city and see if they had any info regarding organised opposition to the recommended changes.

Neither of them had any clue what I was talking about. Scary thing is they didn't seem at all concerned.

If we don't rally against this we will loose Medical as we know it.

12. Maybe it is just the optimist in me, but I don't see them eliminating small personal grows. There is absolutely no way of enforcing that. Collective garden grows? Yeah I could definitely see them going after those for further regulation and taxation. I can make my own beer and grow my own food. Why can't I grow a few plants?? I don't even need 15, I would be fine with 6. I don't need 24 ozs, I would be just fine with 8. Fuck this pisses me off 

I don't know about where you live but here if the law changes the local PD will be looking for small as well as large grows and busting them.

Those of you that live in the Seattle Metro area have enjoyed a level of easy access, tollerance and relaxed enforcement that does not exist in much of the state. If the changes were to be implimented as recommended by DOH & LCB we on the East side of the Cascades will be screwed! Those of you on the West side will either be paying a much higher price for a limited selection or lose the legal protection afforded by RCW 69.51A if you continue to grow your own meds.

I live in the Seattle area...

This is just a starting point. Both sides will be negotiating over the next year...we live in a democracy, they can't just eliminate a law that passed 15 years ago.

They are giving the dispensaries a year to figure things out. Hopefully they will find some common ground without completely destroying the good parts of the RCW 69.51A. I wouldn't mind a LITTLE regulation when it comes to storefronts but leave the personal grows alone.

Part of me is really worried about this and part of me knows that there will be negotiations. I just don't see how they could do this without amending both RCW 69.51A and i-502 

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]Speak up if you live in Washington...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]There is a chance to voice your opinion before this heads to legislature. SPEAK UP!  :smoking:[/SIZE][SIZE=11.818181991577148px] [/SIZE]

I understand & agree that the recommendations made by LCB & DOH will be the "starting point" for negociating the final form of the legislation that will be presented. My bigest concern is that the Medical Community may not have the voice to keep the other side from having thier way.

I have made a rigid practice of complying with 69.51A and been pleased to see the dispensaries that I have dealt with doing the same. Unfortunately there are a number of people out there who have given the other side ammunition to take shots at us by abusing the system.

Hallelujaha Brother!!

We need to write our elected and appointed officials that can influence this!!

17. Yea all of my buddies who live in WA have no idea wtf is going...I know more than them and I'm not even moving back to the state for another 3 months lol.