Does this look like a Ph or a heat issue?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Prodigus, Oct 5, 2013.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro?  Soil Grow
    What brand and type of soil?  FFOF
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain?  BC God Bud / Jamaican Dream
    How old are the plants?  3 Weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts? 400w MH
    How far from the lights?  ~6 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? In these pots every 2 to 3 days
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?  Has not ever been fed anything but water up to this point
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?  Don't know..  Need to do that...
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?  78/50
    What size pots?  1 Gallon maybe
    Any bugs? Look real close. No
    Any other pertinent info?

Planning on transplanting them this weekend into their 5 gallon finishing pots.  Overall they don't look too bad but it's a slippery slope that I don't want to get caught on...  My water going in has the right Ph but I admittedly haven't checked my runoff.  Was hoping this FFOF soil was pretty close...

Attached Files:

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
    if 78 is max, doubt heat is an issue. do you have good ventilation? def check ur ph

3. I have a small fan that blows across them and another fan that oscillates up/down/side2side.  The air is definitely moving in the area.

4. #4 TheAnswer121, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
    need to transplant. if root bound, ph won't matter

they look great though. just transplant to your bigger pots soon, water, and give them a few days to recover

5. Indeed!  That's the plan for this weekend.  Moving to the 5 gallons.

6. They need bigger pots sancho. Get on it.

7. I grow hydro, so I forget about that issue sometimes :bongin:

8. Have any mycos on hand OP? Makes a noticeable difference in xplant shock recovery and an all around fantastic product. Creates fungi tubules that attach to roots and essentially extend the root surface area. Increasing nutrient and water uptake.

9. Don't have that on hand. New pots and more FFOF I have laying around. Sounds interesting though!!