Calling all atheists

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Buymeamonster, Oct 4, 2013.

1. #41 HighFoSho, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    One of my biggest "issues" with Christianity, is, "Why God" ? And why not Poseidon, or Zeus, or Thor, or Allah, or Buddha ?

So did all of the millions of people who believed in these Gods, end up going to hell, where they are burning right now, simply because they chose the wrong God ?

Oh, and what if Christianity / God hadn't made it to the party yet...... oh wait.... I'm sorry, I meant to say, hadn't been made up yet.... Does this mean that all of those millions of people who were here before God, were just ass out from the start, as they got here too early ? In this case, I guess the early bird gets the fire.

Ha ! What a bunch of fucking hogwash.

Personally speaking, I'd love to believe in a God...... But I'm just not a gullible fool. I've always based everything on knowledge, and personal experience, so why would I just throw all of that out the window when it comes to religion, and believe a bunch of completely outlandish fairy tales, with no hard evidence ???

Then their is the thing about God giving his only son..... Wait, wut ? WTF did he do that for ? Here we have a force so powerful, that it could create a universe and everything in it... but apparently could not save the rest of us from our sins, without letting his only son be murdered ! Really ? That's just ludicrous.

2. I think in atheism a good chunk of the 'spiritual journey' is reconciling the meaninglessness implied by the lack of god/inherent order.

3. a creator or the Big Bang theory?

4. #44 farmer14, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    you believing in evolution religion if you believe the earth is 4.5 billion years old.

5. Atheism = Lack of belief in god

Beyond that, it's individual choice. Stop lumping is all together, it gives me the shits.