Calling all atheists

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Buymeamonster, Oct 4, 2013.

Nihilism is the opposite of atheism?  Please elaborate.

By the way, this isn't your first response on this section sharing that you are a nihilist....which seems the opposite of what most nihilists would do.

2. #23 Accident Hero, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013

Yeah I was the pope for years until I found atheism and was healed physically and emotionally.  God was my religion and I believed in creationism.  I subscribed to Pat Robertson, William Lane Craig, and all the intelligent design apologists.  No seriously, true story.  No bullshit here.  I used to hold signs and everything.  But now I found nothing, and I'm all saved and shit.  Atheism is a word that's been demonized like the word pot, drugs, marijuana (yes, drugs THREE times)... You don't need atheism to find nothing, you need to get off your ass and do something other than praying, and believe in yourself, curb your self-loathing and give yourself some damn credit for the shit you do for yourself so you can open up, otherwise you're already accepting Jesus because of your preconceived notions therefore you won't move and inch because of your stubborness.  Lookup topics about reason and how they get opinions then see for yourself what's really going on in the world, instead of just pretending you know better.

I certify all of this is 100% true, every bit as true as what you said.

Like X 10!  :laughing:

Whatever.

No.

5. ^

That's quite the stimulating intellectual response. Very good work. :hide:

No u

7. LOL! 

Religion is a siimplisttic view of the world, did you expect a complex response? 

8. No, that's exactly the response I hoped for.  Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh! *clicksend*

9. Sorry I was praying to the god of the trees, what did I miss.

10. Nothing matters, so why think about it? Why try to give ourselves any meaning, when our role is so insignificant in the universe? I'm an atheist, but that's only because I don't believe in a god. I'm a nihilist because I don't believe in anything at all. I mentioned it because i wanted to, and it doesn't really matter that I posted something twice, who gives a fuck?

This in no way explained your comments from before.  Atheism doesn't imply anything, nor looks at our role in this universe.  Of course you are an atheist because you don't believe in a god, because that's the definition of atheism.  Atheism still has nothing to do with nihilism.  And I posit that you do give a fuck, or you wouldn't have posted it twice.  ;)

Ugh man you're not catching my drift. I like posting things onto grasscity, so I do it. And it isn't the opposite of atheism, I don't remember what I meant by saying that, I was pretty stoned. But yeah, I do what I want to do because it's all I can do if that makes any sense. 

13. Dude your awesome. Although this is a bit hard for me to grasp, I love this though. I've never tried meditation before so it was a whole new experience for me. But like five minutes in I thought it'd be a dOpe idea to lay down while I did it, next thing I knew I was fast asleep haha. Definitely need to do it more though.

Spoken like a true believer.

15. Do it here, the internet is a temple too ;)

According to the script, the prophecy only works if you do it at that specific temple.

I wonder what the Antichrist is doing right now. Maybe playing a poker game with God until it's showtime.

17. the thing that pisses me offabout christians is the way they pick and choose what they believe, if they realise how much bullshit the world being 5000 years old is how can they not realise the rest?!?!?!

18. Because imaginary friends and thoughts of living together with our loved ones is so very comforting.

I guess its all how you look at it. Instead of pissing me off, the very same thing makes me laugh :)