Making a Cloning Propagator

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GoldGrower, Oct 2, 2013.

1. When my air lines kept popping off my stones I used plastic wire ties (zip ties as I call them) and seemed to work really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. That sounds like a good idea man. The outlet nipples on my air pump don't protrude enough to get something around them unfortunately. They are sort of encased inside, perhaps for protection, I don't know. I put some super glue on them and it's seemed to have worked. The stones seem to grip better. Strange really as the stone's nipples are tapered and underwater

3. I took 4 of the white widow clones out the day before yesterday and replaced them with 4 blue cheese clones so these are a bit behind, hopefully not too far though

4. #24 }-MaDCoW-{, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
    Oh sorry I thought you meant they kept popping off the stones not the pump.

5. Took my first 2 cuts ever bout a week back
    Scraped, dipped and stuck em in peat pods.

Leaves have that same yellowing as yours so being a noob I assumed they were dying

Still some yellowing today but judging by stems they are very much alive.

Just a bit confused as to what to do next as far as nutes and (eventually) transplant to bubble buckets

peace Mj

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1235339-Never-grown-a-thang-in-my-life...until-now!

6. With hydro it's much easier to judge nute strength by using an EC/ppm meter but for peat pucks I use about 1/8 strength solution of bio-bizz grow (just my normal chosen nutrient brand) and use a pipette to administer it to them. This is only done when the first ones show roots. This is just what I do, I'm not saying it's the only way

7. When putting them in buckets you can just put them straight in the clay balls, or wash off the peat. Both ways have their advantages and disadvantages. If you leave the peat bags on it's best to keep the waterline below it so it isn't constantly saturated. Personally I prefer to rinse off the peat but you do have to be careful that you don't break roots

8. Ok guess that about covers it lol

Thanks again 4 ur help Gold

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1235339-Never-grown-a-thang-in-my-life...until-now!

9. One more question bud (Ik I'm full of em)

Is there ever really a good time to trim foliage?

I have a nicely vegging temporary donor plant (punky lion by Samsara) with 4 distinct tops, but only 2 seem to be getting sufficient light energy atm due to expansive shading from the 2 more vigorous tops.

Jw if in ur opinion (besides necrotic leaves) if its ever beneficial to do a "Lil cleanup" and the most delicate way to go about it.

My apologies for the off topic question

10. I wouldn't buy that's just my opinion. You be better to either LST or supercrop the taller ones to give the others a chance to catch up.

Sent from my NSA recording device.

11. I guess it boils down to what your trying to achieve. Cutting leaves off will slow growth, there's no getting around that. Topping and LST is good for evening up a canopy. If your already flowering then just LST.

The large dark leaves collect light and convert it in to food that the plant uses to build more plant. Cutting leaves off there will be less food made therefore less growth can occure

12. Brilliant ! Sparked some inspiration here !

13. Great, thanks for the ideas!! Ill do a very similar one in some days and Ill use this thread as a guideline!