Any Surfers on GC?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Gan, Oct 2, 2013.

1. #41 Gan, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    Also, this is a photo i took im SoCal on New Years day. Good times

Attached Files:

2. I reckon the surf season is done up here, though I can't complain as I must've gone out about ten times - pretty ace for our abysmal breaks!

So it's flat water for the next nine months... But I'm off to Bali next week. Yeeeeah.

It's on, mate! Next time I'm state-side I'll hold you to that. I want to see those real SoCal waves - my only experience was while visiting family in LA, and I was still new to surfing.

3. Down. Pm me and ill pass the contact info.

Yeah i feel really blessed man. At the end of Summer and for a bit of last fall I had a couple of months off between graduating school and switching to a new job. I ended up moving to Orange County and had literally some of the best waves in SoCal within 45 mins drive of my apartment.

The only downside to surfing California is that the weekends get so crowded here its almost not worth it to even go. Luckily, I was able to have a few months to surf some great breaks with no crowds. If you havent heard of it before check out Trestles. That was the farthest spot, at 45 mins but by far my favorite. It wasnt the biggest its ever been when i had those three months off but i got to surf Trestles at 3-5 fair to good with like 3 or 4 people out a few times. Good times.

4. In Bali for the weekend. Waves were maaddddd.

Also took part in a Balinese wedding, rad, feel closer to the island. It's so good vibes. :smoke:

5. do you have to be good at swimming to surf and not die lol?

You need not worry about swimming when you're surfing. It's all the time spent in the water that you oughtta be concerned about. :laughing:

The ocean is a beast. Don't take her lightly.

7. I fucking love surfing!! Too bad I live in a desert in an extremely landlocked state... Anyways I've been surfing like 30 times and I love it. I've been on waves all over so cal, some down in baja Mexico, and a ton down in Nicaragua. I am planning on going down to Nica this summer. While I can't enjoy the surf all that much I am 30 minutes away from some of the best skiing in the world which Totally makes up for it. Anyways hope everyone's having a good one!

Sent with good vibes

8. I use to surf in my teens, Plan on getting a board again one day.

Might as well make that day today.

Every moment spent thinking about it is one less spent in the ocean.

10. The water has been freezing this year on the East Coast of the U.S. 46*F and I have nothing but a 3/2 and boots. Usually doesn't get colder than 50. Still worth it

11. Where the wakeboarders at?

12. Over the past week every plan I've had about my future has changed. The intention was to move east, start life, be conveniently close to those South Pacific waves. But that's not going to do it for me anymore. I'm saying "fuck you" to settling down, and I'm going to do some really extensive travelling. All across the globe, see it all.

This will obviously include some real fucking surf destinations. I want to hit South Africa most of all, but I want you guys to give me some more recommendations.

13. Definitely hit up Central/South America, Pacific sides of course.

I surfed in Peru once and it was boss, but I was still a grom and could hardly stay upright back then. Will definitely be going back, and I'm itching to see more of south and central America.

15. I'm surfing in Cape Town at the end of this month. I'M SO EXCITED  :D

I am so incredibly jealous.  :smoke:

17. What's the skinny, boys and girls? Any good breaks? I'm eager to get back out there, but the season here is now well and truly dead.

Well?!?! How was it?

18. I've only surfed once(and nailed it) but i do a ton of shorebreak photography! I need to get a board so I can go out and surf again. I live in Santa Cruz, CA

Sent from my Potato using Grasscity Forum

19. I'm in the Midwest, we don't exactly have tides on lakes so we just wake surf behind the boat. It's that Never ending wave that you can carve until you either physically can't carve, or you bailed. It ain't no 10 foot wall, but it definitely can hit 5 foot wakes when we get the boat loaded.