can someone convince me that the healthcare act is a good thing? what is so great about it?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by letsmokeasweet, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Do you think maybe there is a reason why our president forced the healthcare thing on to us? A reason other then compassion and wanting everyone to be healthy?
    You say it's going to mushroom, do you think Obama has taking the end of the road in consideration when he signed the healthcare act?

2. #742 BRZBoy, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015

All part of his plan for choas. Look at the state of things.

They all knew this would happen read up. They never ever included anything to address the costs.

The stupidity of people on this issue is dazzling. Currently every state has a Insurance Commissioner and they have there own set of laws in that state that allow or do not allow full participation of the health care industry.

You have states where there are only 2-3 insurance carriers allowed to operate. So use your brain when you have a limited numbers of players they can charge what they want. Your internet bill is a example of that. If they opened up all 50 states to allow every insurance carrier to participate then prices would dramatically go down.

Some examples of that is Auto Insurance...there are so many that prices are very competitive. Look at the Airline industry when one lowers its prices all the rest follow suit very very fast since that market is ultra competitive.

On the flip side take internet carriers. There a very strange thing that happens in that business. Most stupid dumb ass Americans have no idea either. Cable companies are not regulated, telecoms are. Cable companies have through lobbying etc massive monopolies on areas. Telecoms do not anymore. As a result most Americans quite often only have access to one carrier. Look up Comcast's troubles. They treat there customers literally like shit and its virtually impossible to cancel them. Where they serve they normally are the only player in town. Thats why they do what they do.

Obamacare does absolutely nothing by design to address that issue. If you never address that fundamental flaw that is inherit to its design you never will really fix it.

3. Obama's plan for chaos?

I assure you Obama's motives are self motivated corporate interests

He wants money.

No plot against USA

Just greed

-yuri

4. So far, this particular aspect of Hope and Change costs me $1000 more per year than in 2013 and I have 50% higher copays, 40% higher deductibles, and I get to have a quack for a doctor [imo] that doesn't give a shit about the people on his little conveyor as long as he keeps raking in the $$$. That's what I call "Progress"!

Here's another aspect of Progress - last Thursday, a wage settlement of $1000 before taxes resulted in check of $618 after all the godamned governments (federal, state, & local) plus the worthless UAW fucks got done stealing their portion. I live in PA. A guy I work with that lives in the great "Progressive" state of Maryland got $535 out of a $1000. [​IMG]

Yea - this is Change I can Believe In all right. And being a total moron,  I voted for this stupid shit in 2008. Like the mineworkers union that voted for it even though they were promised that the coal industry would be demolished and is well on the way toward being accomplished. But neither them nor I made that same mistake in 2012 and for fucking sure I won't ever make it again! And I won't even get into the rest of the hope and change that's been progressively accomplished on the national and international levels. 

5. Speak for yourself. Healthcare costs have gone across the board for me, my family and peers in NY.

6. well good for you. Too bad so many people have to pay far out the ass more to help you with that.

7. #747 Rotties4Ever, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    You think people at the bay are some how lesser being then you? Aww Garrison, where is love? ❤️
    http://youtu.be/FI2tceUD3os

Heres a thought; Imagine just for the sake of it, try to imagine for just an instant that a person has no information to supply because that person really doesnt know anything, what should that person do?
    Heres another thought you torture someone long enough, and they will tell you how they have a million dollars in the closet and a ferrari parked outside if thats what you want to hear

8. I did speak for myself. And if it really is a good thing for most others in the nation - highly debateable - than I am willing to take on the chin for the team. But It's not like I had any choice. ["Ya gotta pass the bill to see what's in it."] And brought to us by the folks that imagine themselves to be champions of choice. It's kinda like the Left's version of free speech. You can say what you want - as long as it isn't critical of some Democrat's policy. Then you're a fucking racist.

But the Republicans are a bunch of dicks too, in their own special ways. So i dunno - where the fuck do ya go to get away from all these manipulative bastards and their intrusive, my-way-or-the-highway methods of ramming their shit down your throat???

9. How long have you been paying for health insurance?

In the 8 years that GWB was president, our health insurance costs nearly tripled from the day he entered office until the day he left. In the six years that Obama has been president our costs have gone up maybe 10%.

There are a lot of factors that determine what you'll pay for health insurance, or why costs might go up (or down) from one year to the next. If your only evidence that Obamacare is not working is because you paid less last year, you're really scraping the bottom of the information barrel.

10. Yeah, let's revoke insurance for the millions of people who are finally insured so that *you* can save some money.

People who are not insured are the single biggest burden on the system, not people who pay for insurance. Conservatives are so clueless, they always place the blame on the wrong people. The fault of your high premium is 1)because your insurance raised your premium *because they can* and 2) your state didn't expand their Medicare program. Based on the ignorance in this thread, I'd wager I'm the only one in this thread who actually works in healthcare.

11. That would be a wager you would lose.