can someone convince me that the healthcare act is a good thing? what is so great about it?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by letsmokeasweet, Sep 29, 2013.

Does this really boil down to an appeal to popularity?

It's irrelevant how much of the population buys into bullshit if it's still bullshit at the end of the day. I know you two are of polar opposite opinions, but being in the majority or minority doesn't make one any more right.

2. I wrote that because Mr Raiders opinions are so far out of the mainstream, I wanted to make it very clear that it is not ME that is the one who is like this.  He usually responds with incredulous reactions, to things that are ordinarily accepted as the facts of life by 98% of people.  He believes in privatization of EVERYTHING.  He makes it out that anybody who dares to question his far-right lunatic fringe positions is simply uninformed, and if they would do their "research", they would see the truth and light of day.  Of course, one can understand and be very informed about the other side, and still not agree with it, but MrRaider does not see it this way.  We are all persecuting, and leeching off of, him and those few people in his camp.   

3. sounds like my brother.
    As far as obamacare I think it's suppose to help in the long run. Ppl r always focused on here and now but in the long term its suppose to be beneficial.
    We'll see.

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Lol. Its simple garrison68. Your health care has improved mine has gotten much worse. Am I supposed to be happy because you are better and im worse off? My medical bills have gone up over 1000 percent. Yes 1000 percent! From 300 a year (actually 300 in 5 years) to 3600 a year now.....and I haven't used it yet. Oh and if I do its 600 or 800 deductible cant remember, which happens to be more than my last 10 years of medical bills combined. .. so please tell me again why I'm supposed to be happy about Obama care? And dont give me a What if....we can do that all day long

5. And I guess you take pride in the fact that you are like 98%? Diversity is only wanted if they are liberal, and speak english?

6. #646 garrison68, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    Whatever they do, you're not going to like it, lol. 

Stick by your guns, and don't get any health care insurance, for all I care.  I'm on an Obamacare program that's even more expensive than what you have.  Two years ago, before Obamacare, my wife and I were paying for a state-sponsored plan that cost us $12,000 a year (couple).  It was a better plan, and had no deductibles, but lifetime limits like they all did.   I also had $12,000 in dental bills.  If you don't want government (socialized) medicine, that's the kind of expenses you can expect - unless you take your chances and don't get it at all.  The fine isn't so much, they may not even charge you.   I'm going to an ophthalmologist next week, that doesn't take Obamacare, and will have to pay out of pocket unless I find out that he decided to accept it.  Since I have a $2,000 deductible anyway, might as well go to any doctor, whether he's in the plan or not.  

7. "Fuck everybody who isn't me as long as I get what I want and they have to help me pay for it" - garrison68

8. 'Merikah mmkay? tis here is ma land, all you immigrant waste can go to whatever hole you crawled from, i tell you what. 

I wonder what they say to the Mexicans and Native Indians...

9. I won't beat a dead horse nor tempt a potentially nasty debate, as I don't care to work my nerves into a frenzy over such things, but I will recommend listening to a few Tony Benn lectures (R.I.P, sir) and watching the film 'Sicko'.

your medical costs were 300/year for 5 years... and now it's 3,600 a year?

how in the world did obamacare cause this situation?

sometimes your posts make very little sense. 

11. #651 BRZBoy, Apr 1, 2015

That sounds like a gigantic personal problem that has ZERO to do with me. My rates have gone up, and your group of homo sapiens are responsible for it. Therefore our collective anger points right at your group. We will not quit until this thing is unraveled, dismantled. You can bet on that.

You should really take note of the political winds. Last year EVERY single politician that was up for reelection that voted for this thing was voted out of office. In most states it was a single issue election. The Democrats up for 2016 elections are begging for more extensions, more exemptions. The rest of the morons will the can as well. We eventually will not have any of these idiots in office anymore. There is one thing you can bet on that political survival trumps all others. Which is why the very people who signed this monstrosity wished they never had.

12. #652 garrison68, Apr 1, 2015
    The rates went up because the services you receive were expanded.  And, rates for everything go up, anyway, it's called inflation.  That has zero to do with me. 

I can find nothing that supports your claims. Do you have a valid non-rhetorical link? :smoke:

The Voting record is public knowledge. There is a creation called google. You use your fingers and type in various things to search. Highly recommended.

Why can't I remove them? I have no need for neonatal care, drug abuse classes, condoms. Those all have costs and are factored into the cost of insurance now because you people whinnied like goats that you require more free stuff.

Summer time is coming enjoy your Obamacare :). We'll collectively since most Americans are against this thing celebrate when its stripped from you.

16. #656 Dannyscott, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    It gives something significant the opposition candidate can run on to help repeal!

2016 BRING OUR DOCTORS BACK HOME TO FAMILY PRACTICES AND STOP RETIRING OR GETTING OUT THE BUSINESS!

A doctor is not a policeman

A doctor is not a firefighter

A doctor is not a Districts Attorney

A doctor is not a Customs Enforcement Officer. (See what I did there [​IMG] )

Healthcare and its services is a product, a good, a service. Not a right.

What is a right? Well they're right there numbered 1 to 10.

You give the feeding hand to much power to give!?

You give the feeding hand to much power to take away!!!

Do you trust the hand that feeds?

Neither do I.... 

You are being too simple, I have done that and found facts contrary to your speculations. As the proclaimer it is up to you to prove your statements which are full of hot air. :smoke:

18. The burden of proof is on the believer.  If you want somebody to believe you, it's entirely your responsibility to provide the evidence that you believe will convince them.   Otherwise, your assertions are just words. 

Probably why no one believes you and your stories on the Altar of Obamacare.

20. #660 BRZBoy, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015

Here you go. Roughly half of the US Senators who voted for Obamacare are out..there in the dust bin of history now. The others were simply not up for reelection since not every single Senator and Congressman gets elected at the same time.

Pay attention Garrison as well. Here are your saviors who got fired replaced with a Republican. Right now Democrats/Liberals in the US are at nearly there lowest point of power in 100 years.

This list is those that ran and got replaced by a Republican last fall:

Sen. Mark Begich, D-Alaska
    Sen. Mark Pryor, D-Ark.
    Sen. Mark Udall, D-Colo.
    Sen. Kay Hagan, D-N.C.
    Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La.
    Russ Feingold, D-Wis.
    Blanche Lincoln, D-Ark.
    Arlen Specter, D-Pen

These guys left the Senate and Republicans replaced them in a open election:

Jay Rockefeller, D-W.V.
    Max Baucus, D-Mont.
    Tim Johnson, D-S.D.
    Tom Harkin, D-Iowa
    Ben Nelson, D-Neb.
    Byron Dorgan, D-N.D.
    Evan Bayh, D-Ind.

Heres a article dealing with them and there are many more. There is also a list of the remaining Democratic Senators who voted for it but left for other things like John Kerry.

Oh and lets not forget which you probably have or do not know since most are Low Information Voters ... Russ Feingold, Blanche Lincoln, and Arlen Specter all were defeated in 2010. That is actually what laid the battle plan out for last year...zero in like a laser on Obamacare and make the election a single issue topic. Worked wonders.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2014/12/08/democrats-senate-obamacare-landrieu/

Obamacare is extremely toxic, and will continue to be. Very soon it effects mainstream America and were going to funnel this collective rage into the 2016 elections.