can someone convince me that the healthcare act is a good thing? what is so great about it?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by letsmokeasweet, Sep 29, 2013.

1. #41 great4545, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
    I never said there would be a free lunch, I am just saying employee health benefits would no longer be a big reason to stay at a job that sucks.

2.  It'll make it affordable for the poor and more expensive for the middleclass.

Maybe what America should focus on is massive information dissemination about important things like permaculture and aquaponics. A change of diet is a HUGE step towards preventive care. And then focus on the major problem with American healthcare, the FDAA. It's because of the FDAA and big pharma that the medicine is too expensive and doesn't work. The FDAA also fails to review simple and natural remedies.

And yes, people are forced to use obamacare if they pay taxes and don't have private insurance elsewhere. It's my own decision whether or not I want an insurance policy, not yours. I'll do me, you do you.

3. For those saying how private insurance company's are all about $$$ and that's why ObaomaCare is good ponder this for a moment. ObamaCare was written by Private Insurance company's.

Yes there are some good aspects of ObamaCare such as "no disqualifying ppl with pre existing conditions" but the majority of it is not going to be so good.

If ObamaCare was really to help the ppl and not some ploy then they would have included the public option.

4. trixman said it well, the idea of healthcare for all is fabulous, what we got from the DC 535 was ass fucking and no dinner first.that's if the worthless piece of dump ever gets off the ground, which i don't think it will personally.

5. look whos actually implementing the shit hahaha

that alone just, noo haha

do not want

6. The reason that the Republicans are making this manic last-ditch effort to defund Obamacare is because they fear that once it's implemented, people will not be willing to lose it.  

7. huge plantations of marijuana to treat everyone with cancer 
    and give an ounce for every citizen to smoke as stimulus 

8. It's so good that our politicians begged for exemption. Now that's good healthcare.

9. No they didn't really. They asked for the same options that other employee's have. Not an exemption from having to have coverage, just from not having to pay the full cost like other employees have. :smoke:

It's an "unfunded liability", which the government conveniently doesn't classify as debt. It's what's owed to people for paying into it (including static forecasting). 

http://www.theburningplatform.com/2012/08/09/the-real-national-debt-is-222-trillion/

"Our debt is $17 trillion."        Yeah, right.  :laughing:

11. #51 Carne Seca, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013

KotlikoffIf you add all the spending obligations into the distant future and you compare them with all the taxes, and you include in the spending all the interest payments … you have $222 trillion of present value….

Right, and this means government "spending obligations" which is long term debt we have accumulated. 

Just because it's not due right now doesn't make it any less a fact that it's debt. Money the government is legally obligated to pay out. Hmmm "spending obligations." That means debt.  :confused_2:

13. The people who worked on making this bill exempted themselves from it. Just think about that. 

14. They're not exempt, in fact Congress is going to get their health coverage through the Exchanges. 

15. The general concept of Obamacare is for the young and healthy to cover the old, sickly and poor. Sounds like a revamped Social Security scam to me. Also, older generations have some money put away while the 20-25 age bracket is busy paying off their college debt which is the costliest it's ever been. 

For a nation that's debt ridden I'm not getting a warm and cozy feeling about this. 

16. All one has to do to decide if they support Obamacare or not, is to go to the DMV during the week and decide if that's what they want the Emergency Room to look like when they need it most.

Anything government sponsored will be sloppy and inefficient.

I think the real worry is that it goes into effect and does some good.  Then every one of these people who is shitting on it has some splainin to do

18. If anything, this bill will provide health care for tens of millions who are without it, and will cut down the ER visits.  

The insurance companies are greedy and prefer to sell group insurance policies to corporations.  They've been making record profits while our national health declined to a level that is a disgrace.   Now that the exchanges are set up, there will be choices for those without insurance at their jobs.   90% of people will not need them.   

19. #59 lilro, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013

Those greedy insurance companies are the ones who wrote Obamacare. By "providing" health care to tens of millions of extra people, without hiring new doctors, it will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Not just in the ER, but in the doctor's office as well.

20. i love reading garrisons drivle early in the morning, it makes me smile without incident.

the ACA will never get off the ground, enrollment will be nill because everyone without blinders on, knows it's fucking trash, like the ass holes that wrote it and no one read it, how fucking utterly stupid do you have to be, to believe this horse shit bill.