can someone convince me that the healthcare act is a good thing? what is so great about it?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by letsmokeasweet, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Yeah, it's okay, trust the guys that are exempting themselves....

[​IMG]

Only if you're an idiot.

2. Something about it just stinks to high heaven.

I personally don't want the government in charge of my medical coverage, or the ones I love. And then the IRS is involved of keeping track of the finances and special penalties*

Yuck.

3. Something about it just stinks to high heaven.

I personally don't want the government in charge of my medical coverage, or the ones I love. And then the IRS is involved of keeping track of the finances and special penalties*

Yuck.

4. Nobody is being forced to use the Obamacare exchanges.  

5. I'm looking forward to it actually, might be able to get some shit taken care of, dental and glasses mostly, been needing my wisdom teeth out among other things, havent had new glasses or lenses in like 5 years which sucks especially so cuz I have astigmatism. 

not exactly thrilled about the govt being all up in my medical biz, but its not like they cant get that shit anyway.

6. #26 garrison68, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
    There's no dental plans in Obamacare, not for adults anyway. Medicaid would give dental.    

No glasses, either - you'd need Medicaid for them.  

7. well...fuck it then

That's all good and fine, but debt does mean something. We have to pay it back with our tax dollars, or print money (which devalues what we already have) to pay it back. Debt means quite a bit.

You can ignore the finance aspect like most do, but it's a reality that we have to deal with. The government has to take $119,000 from each person to pay for the debt caused by that one program. 

this is why i cant take their word whe they say its the best thing.
    look at what some people says is a good thing but its really just a big mess...medicare

fuck i have food stamps that supposed to last for 6 months everytime i get approved. it gets cancled every three months because of some glitch in their system.

instead of apllying 2 times a year. i have to apply four times a year
    so because of them canceling it, the system has to do twice as much work because i have to reapply
    someone has to process all my paperwork and someone has to cancle it

they cant even do that right
    how can i trust them to handle all this extra shit such as healthcare?

what last place? isnt cuba above us on that list?

enough said

lol

we are all proud to be an american
    we arnt going to let some bullshit talking point make us think otherwise

most of us know that the list you are talkign about is
    BULLSHIT

i live 45 mins from the houston texas medical center

we have people from all over the world visiting the medical center who are sick
    we have princes. presidents. kings. goverment leaders. billionairs.
    why are they coming to what you say is the wosce place in the world????????????

the only person that i know that didnt visit was the late chavez of ven. and he went to cuba...how did his treatment over there go?

and why are you saying its so great?
    this guy saying he needs it and would use it
    but everything he would use obama care for he cant

13. #33 Kushbeard, Sep 30, 2013

If you got money, your healthcare is great.
    I have no clue what "Obamacare" is going to include so I can't speak for it, but the healthcare system we have in Europe is great imo.
    I got in a accident and I was at the hospital for 3 weeks, had one big surgery done and got tons of meds and some equipment to take with me home.

I had to pay 800 dollars, money that I got back 6 months later.

I have no idea what it would have costed me in the US, but atleast I could focus on getting better instead of worrying for my medical bills.
    :smoke:

that is good that you were able to get help and fix your injurie. i am greatful because in my country we have that ability as well.

my wife has a condition that causes her pancreas to shut down every once ina while that causes intence pain that only iv pain meds can help her cope. it also shuts her body down so she needs iv fluids and has to be in bed

every time she gets it it requiers a good 5-7 day stay in the hospital. the bills are about 15-23k each visit. the last few times we have figered out some of the bullshit things that help lower the cost

we have no insurance so we get a bill from them every month. and eventualy bill collectors. and then in 7 years or so it gets taking off the credit report because it is only a debt

if you ignore the bill collectors then their is no worring at all

the only thing is that we have no credit and have to pay everythingin cash.
    but you know what?  dont care. my wife is healthy and everytime we go to the er ( they know her) we are treated with care and concern despite NOT being able to pay

now this is before the healthcare shit takes effect so im not sure how it is going to change what we do

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that.
    Do they not send anyone to "repo (can't figure out a better word)" some of your stuff like they do with "regular debts"?
    Good to hear that you still can get good treatment without being able to pay those crazy sums of money.

Take care man!

ummm...  how can Medicare debt be at 39 trillion when the entire national debt is at 16.7 trillion?  The 39 trillion amount is projected over the next 75 years IF healthcare costs don't go down.  With the AFA exchange system, health insurance companies will have to compete which will drive down costs.  The AFA will help bring down the deficit and save 200 billion over 10 years and 1 trillion by the second decade.  This is IF healthcare costs don't go down.  Which they will with the exchange and more people having insurance and paying into the system.  

17. If you're a president, king, government leader or billionaire you can get superior health care in the United States, but 40 million Americans can go fuck themselves, because they don't even have basic health care insurance, let alone access to the best doctors and hospitals.  

Those days are rapidly coming to a close, despite the unbelievably stupid comments coming from the Republicans, and others, who are shills for the insurance companies, the union leaders who are afraid of Affordable Health Care for the masses because they only care about keeping themselves in power, and other assorted scumbags.    

In the WHO study done in 2000, Cuba's healthcare came in at # 40 out of 191.  We came in at #38, only slightly better.     

18. If you have health benifits from your employer good for you, you can keep it if you want to, how ever you are then at the mercy of your employer, got a shitty job to bad. Howerver with the exchanges you free yourself form the employer chains. Now for those who say i don't want to help pay or pay for something i won't use, who do you think pays for the poor when they go to the er because they can't afford health care? You do, in higher medical cost and taxes. The young never think they need health care, guess what accidents happen to the young too, so being stupid is no excuse for not shouldering your fair share.

19. #39 AugustWest, Sep 30, 2013

are government chains more comfy than employer ones?

i think you have to pay for obamacare so you can't just quit your job and get free insurance.

20. im sorry but if you think obamacare is gonna help the whole country out, you are gravely mistaken.

smh.