You know your an organic freak when...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Tree dogg, Sep 28, 2013.

1. I make short work of yard leaves by making an ever decreasing loop with the riding mower while keeping the big lawn cart attached to load it up when the piles get too big.

I've considered trying one of those lawn sweepers too - has anyone used them before? I'd worry it would just fill up too quickly.

J

2. #203 donothinggardening, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    I've used a leaf blower/vacuum at work and they work pretty good if they have a powerful motor. Haven't tried an electric one before, but if the engine is too week even small twigs will slow it down or cause it to get clogged. A nice motor like a stihl or an echo works pretty well. And those ain't cheap. Some of the electric ones go for as low as $50. Now is probably the time to get clearance pricing.

Edit: J you are absolutely right. The bags for them are too small. The one I've used only held about a 5 gallon bucket of shredded leaves lol. A lot of emptying would be necessary to get anything substantial.

I like my walk-behind lawnmower with the bag for shredding/bagging leaves :D

3. People don't get your jokes because they don't understand your Sargassum...

4. when you wait for your customer to leave before picking their apple core out of your garbage for your wormbin

5. sneaky sneaky sneaky :bolt: organic :ph34r:

6. When you have three coffee grinders and you buy your coffee already ground.   :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I do that too!!!!  haha  I did use it for garlic, but it was for a foliar.   :laughing:

9. I use the same mortar & pestle for my plants and for my food :hide:

10. Right on!  I use kitchen utensils all the time in the garden but they rarely make it back to the kitchen.  I've replaced the salad tongs twice.  I need them for my worms!!!

:love: organics.

11. When you won't let your girlfriend spray your tomatoes to get the stink bugs off, you'd rather just trash the 'maters or give 'em to chickens.

12. When all day long you dream about endless compost, castings and leaf mold, and hitting the lottery to you is finding or having endless amounts of said stuff!

13. When you base your new home on its relative location to organic gardening sources....I dream of living within driving distance of Concentrates, KIS, Fedco, etc

• Like Like x 1
  14. Saving up plastic 40 bottles for root irrigation

15. When your mulch looks better than your damned plant, lol!
    1421252616915.jpg

16. …when you find yourself eating kelp.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wrapped around sushi? I'm down!

• Like Like x 1
  18. That works. I like the inside out rolls.
    I was talking about this
    https://www.seaveg.com/shop/

19. I could get down with some of that. I think kelp actually tastes a whole lot better than it looks.