Does smoking weed cause dark under eye circles?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by rae_kuan, Sep 28, 2013.

1. It seems to me that ever since I've started smoking weed regularly I have been getting dark circles under my eyes. It makes me look tired all the time. Is it the marijuana or just me?

2. Have you also been up late smoking?

3. Idk. People on this site always say it's not the weed but I get solid sleep every night and they don't go away. They aren't so bad that anybody ever comments on them but I see them. I would be interested in some ideas too.

4. Hm weird same here i thought it was just staying up late burning, but i havent been staying up late lately and got my sleeping schedule back and its still there

5. i get them pretty bad too. there are facial massages you can do after waking up that helps. and if that doesnt work you can always try the ole cucumber slice that shit works wonders

6. read somewhere that you get em even if you smoke only once or twice a week.

7. Ur sleeping cycle has to do with that (majority of the time)
    If you have got off your normal sleeping cycle since smoking then yes that's the cause.
    If your sleeping cycle is the same then its you need more sun :)
    But weed by itself doesn't cause that , it's something u r doing differently the last days or weeks that is making it happen .

8. My aunt used to travel the world and sped some extensive time back packing around India and she noticed that people who smoked the Charras (Indian styled hash made from fresh living plants rubbed between the hands) had dark circles under their eyes. Her boyfriend got the circles after smoking Lots of Charras against her recommendation. This could be caused from the pesticides they use out there though.

9. those are often caused by osmosis. motion of water in your body.

perhaps you are dehydrated from smoking, do you get really red-eyed and have dry mouth?... drink a ton more water. 
    maybe you are deficient in sodium and that combined with dehydration will cause puffy/dark eyes. 

improving diet and exercising will help with that as many other things. 

10. Dark circles are hereditary

I jerk off inside books and give life to words

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lack of "B" vitamins and dehydration are common causes! Rubbing your eyes too hard can damage the tiny blood vessels under your eyes causing tiny bruises. Some drugs can cause those under eye circles, even acetaminophen can do it. Poor diet can do it, too!

I'd try drinking more water and taking some "B" vitamins or stress vitamins (they are based on "B" vitamins). Try to avoid junk food and eat a balanced diet like you mother told you to!

Granny

12. I got em, chicks dig it

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. If you to sleep high the weed cuts out a section of your sleep thats why you wake up tired and have dark under eye circles

14. If you stay up all night smoking weed, then yes. 

15. #15 yurigadaisukida, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
    Yes weed causes this for some people.

Even if you quit they will stay for a while

These people saying its lack of sleep, are wrong. They probly aren't people who get dark circles.

Weed will cause dark circles for some people even with plenty of sleep
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. This one science article (conveniently worded to support the anti reader mindset) say marijuana may assist or induce sleep quickly but can affect the quality of the persons sleep.

Couldn't make it past that point cause I was reading at night and decided to knock out blazed.
    Woke up earlier than my girlfriend who doesn't smoke and has a good sleep cycle, did my morning workout routine and etc just fine so can't say I agree with it. But that may be I'm comfortable waking up abruptly as long as I slept for a good hour or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. The part between my eyes and nose gets dark when I smoke. It's been like that since day one. Some people get affected, some don't.

18. If anyone has dark circles no need to worry . I have dark circles and I started using it a few days back and i am so happy because i can see the instant result.It I am very much relaxed now because i know i am going to get rid of my dark circles and puffy eyes very soon.All thanks to dermalmd's serum for dark circles.try it with no hesitate!!

19. get enough sleep and make sure you're drinking water all day as it's a sign of dehydration. Drink a big glass upon waking and before you go to sleep. Make sure you get enough nutrients, veggies in your diet & don't smoke too much

20. I get them too and have for as long as I have smoked.