Good Bud Fattener

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by madamayo, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Tea
    Kelp
    Sulfur
    Micronutrients
    All work well for me, to enhance bud size, density, and aroma.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #22 madamayo, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    Any tea in particular, and through what process do you make it?

I see a lot of vermi-t around. Is that good stuff for bloom?

3. Whats Budswell..is it organic?

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's a type of bat guano that wont burn plants.

Great organic nute.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #25 GiMiK, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    It's just a gimmick, like most other repackaged products. You can source what's in it for less while getting more benefit from the raw materials they use to make it.

Just take 2 cups of kelp meal, throw it in a 5 gallon bucket of water and either aerate it or just stir it once or more a day. Steep it for 2-3 days then apply as a soil drench or strain and spray.

• Like Like x 2
  6. can i do the same thing with bat guano - 2 cups in 5 gals

7. I've heard that shooting powder works amazing, I used bud blaster a few times and that really shows results. It may be organic as well. Keep a fan blowing air around your canopy to increase co2. They seem to like that for swelling too. In order to get a healthy "swelling" I believe they have to be more or less healthy from start to finish.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I use water

• Like Like x 2
  9. #29 GiMiK, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013

You can but I wouldn't waste the time doing so. Kelp is more about the secondary metabolites, phytohormones, etc than about nutrition. TBH nutrition is only perhaps half of a healthy soil...maybe less of a factor. The humus content, enzymatic reactions, porosity and hormonal distribution within the soil are far more important, once you supply a base amount of "microbial food", imho.

I assume you're referring to fossilized bat guano, right? If so then it takes quite a bit of time for that to become plant available nutrition wise, as the form it's in tends to resist degradation more than most other amendments we use.

I'd stick with kelp, neem or alfalfa. Or ofc you can make comfrey syrup, tea or w/e from fresh plant material.

• Like Like x 2
    Would you dilute this 5 gallon mix? or just soil drench with it?

11. Use as is for soil drenches. For foliar application I would only use 1 cup per 5 gallons (roughly) or dilute in half if already made at the above ratio.

12. "I used Bud Blaster; it may be organic as well"

Guaranteed Analysis 1•52•31
    Total Nitrogen (N) .................................................. 1%
    1% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
    Available Phosphate (P2O5) .................................. 52% Soluble Potash (K2O)............................................ 31%
    Derived from: Mono-Potassium Phosphate, Di- Ammonium Phosphate, Super Phosphate, and Mono-Ammonium Phosphate.
    Information regarding the contents and levels of metals in this product is available on the Internet
    at http://www.aapfco.org/metals.htm

This product is not all natural

MSDS - http://media.hydroponics.net/item-documents/supernatural/supernatural_budblaster_MSDS.pdf

Uh-huh.

J

• Like Like x 1
  13. "It may be organic" Mr. attitude

14. exchanging the air in your room will replace the c02 used by plants, a fan will simply move air

• Like Like x 1
  15. Well do you have an intake fan? I do. I use it to bring in new air. Another fan blows air around the canopy. My intake brings in the new air that it blows around. Instead of having air that's used up by your plants just like you said right? Isn't this all obvious? Is this true btw. A grower sent this to me.

If I take 1 ton of cow shit and put it in my soil, I'm growing organic, right? What if I take the same cow shit, compress it to 900 psi, add a little methane...in time it melts down to 3 barrels of petrolium oil...if I derive the nitrogen, phosphorus, and pottash from this oil...and put it on my soil...am I growing organic? it's the same NPK as it's from the same cow shit.

what is petrolium oil? it's 90% algae, and 10% plants and dinosaurs composted under great pressure of eath, and u can't get any more natural and organic than that.

The demonization of "petrolium based fertilizer" has masterfully worked well in marketing as we get less than 1% of our fertilizer from oil. There is no petrolium based fertilizer on the retail market to the consumer gardener. None. it doesn't exist.

most of our fertilizer has come from 2 sources since the 1800's, and in the last 80 years we found a third source. Much comes from humongous piles of sea bird shit that built up over tens of thousands of years, been mining it for over 100 years and haven't put a dent in it, and humongous piles of bat shit.
    it wasn't until 15 years ago some genius figured out if you say Guano and organic they could sell $3 worth of shit for $25. it's magic beans.

where much of the fertilizer on the retail end today comes from...we pull nitrogen from the air. 70% of the air you just sucked into your lungs is nitrogen. the same nitrogen found in cow shit.
    we mine phosphorus and pottash from the earth. there are humongous deposits we havent remotely touched, created by oceans millions of years ago.
    you can't get any more organic than this. the point i am making, ALL fertilizer, without exception, is organic.

when you hear a fool tell you they are growing chemical free weed? They have no idea what the fuck they are talking about. you cannot grow any plant without chemicals. the definition of organic is: CHEMICAL compounds containing carbon. You cannot grow pot without the chemical salt and the chemical we call water. and what is the CHEMICAL formula for water? H2O. so people use words they have absolutely no idea the definition of, and go on pure deluded bullshit. because in America, bullshit sells.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wouldn't the only inorganic fertilizer be a replicating chemical compuond synthesized in a laboratory?

17. It's more about the form of delivery for said chemicals in the substrate and the availability over long periods of time, ie sustainability

+ and -

18. Points to ponder...

http://www.organicvalley.coop/why-organic/synthetic-fertilizers/

"
    <a></a>What are organic production systems and practices?
    “Organic farming entails:
    • Use of cover crops, green manures, animal manures and crop rotations to fertilize the soil, maximize biological activity and maintain long-term soil health.
    • Use of biological control, crop rotations and other techniques to manage weeds, insects and diseases.
    • An emphasis on biodiversity of the agricultural system and the surrounding environment.
    • Using rotational grazing and mixed forage pastures for livestock operations and alternative health care for animal wellbeing.
    • Reduction of external and off-farm inputs and elimination of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers and other materials, such as hormones and antibiotics.
    • A focus on renewable resources, soil and water conservation, and management practices that restore, maintain and enhance ecological balance.”
    Transitioning to Organic Production. USDA Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE), 2006. http://www.sare.org/publications/organic/organic01.htm

"Wouldn't the only inorganic fertilizer be a replicating chemical compuond synthesized in a laboratory?"

No - the raw materials used could in fact start out organic but the methods used to manufacture could render it inorganic.

PS - I do not use any types of chemical fertilizers in any of my gardens.

j

• Like Like x 2
  19. That's an argument of semantics, not practice. The word 'organic' and the phrase 'organic gardening' are two different creatures if you want to go that route.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Looking at "organic gardening" from an organic chemistry sense is misleading. Organic chemistry has several definitions. All include molecules that are made up of carbon. Other definitions include hydrogen and oxygen. "Doesn't that mean that anything with carbon is organic?" Sure, in an organic chemistry sense. Organic gardening has a radically different definition. Ever heard the quote: "the difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."
    Twisting the rhetoric doesn't make everything in the world an organic source of plant nutrition--over 90% of chemistry is "organic" chemistry.

Vascular plants (cannabis) take up nearly all of their nutrients as ions dissolved in water. So yes it doesn't really matter to the plant if those salts come from a bottle or a bacterium. The real benefits of organic gardening lie in the health of the soil. In nature, nutrients are delivered by bacteria, fungi, archaea, protozoa, etc.. These microorganisms aggregate soil to create structure conducive to healthy plant growth while also protecting the plant against pathogenic organisms. They also "immobilize" nutrients in their bodies, wastes, excretions etc so that those nutrients don't leach out to where they r useless to plants. If you use chemical fertilizers, these microbes essentially don't have a job anymore--their delivery system has been replaced--so they disappear. This leaves plenty of room for pathogens to move in which calls for the use of pesticides, herbicides, fungicides etc just to keep the crop healthy. The nutrients are also no longer being cycled and immobilized so if they aren't immediately taken up by the plant, they leach out to the water table and pollute streams, rivers, OCEANS. Do some research and you'll find that nature's model for nutrient delivery is much more efficient and complete than man's and it doesn't destroy the planet.
    tj

• Like Like x 4