hemp russet mites

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Hanover Fist, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Hmmm u know brother i dont wanna give u bad info on that brotherhood im a outdoor-only grower over here in Redding CA. (dirty five thirty farm fam wutuuuup!!) and i have been thus far fortunate enough to get them while still in pre flower stages of growth so sorry to all you indoor guys but i aint gonna be able to answer many questions for yall. Also i have accidentally recently become an advocate for the "less is more" school of thought so i cant say much as far as product conflict but it was no less than a miracle fix for me so i thought id share my fortune. Let me also say that i believe this pest to be no coincidental resident.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What does the sulfur do to the small flowers? Im a couple weeks into flower and have read the sulfur will destroy the taste/smell of the end product? How often are you spraying and how long into flower can you spray sulfur? Do you wash it off? Thanks for the suggestions!

3. Ill post a pic of where mine were and u can compare and decide from there but mine where like a week or so in2 flower and about the size of 10-12 mm socket holes for lack of better reference. I mixed up the standard 1/2 of recommended application batch just in case of bad info and adjusted up from there- i always applied it in the evening and then rinsed it off the following evening. Might have been doin too much but when they where at theyre worst i ri sed then immediately re applie and then rinsed again the following evening. I actuallçy

4. Ill post a pic of where mine were and u can compare and decide from there but mine where like a week or so in2 flower and about the size of 10-12 mm socket holes for lack of better reference. I mixed up the standard 1/2 of recommended application batch just in case of bad info and adjusted up from there- i always applied it in the evening and then rinsed it off the following evening. Might have been doin too much but when they where at theyre worst i rinsed then immediately re applied and then rinsed again the following evening. I actually even added a few pots of dirt to the holes afterward to sud soak just in case and the very next day even the most damaged leaves were rapidly back to normal and from there flourished. Figure winter will wash the rest or leave a lil for our next problem.....caterpillers!!

5. As far as taste residuals im thinkin sum1 went a lil too gangster with it or like alot of ppl do, not properly rinsed off.

6. And i would switch to dish soap an hope for the best if you too far in2 flower- i had some good luck in the past with a holistic product call "thieves" oil. Ratio is a couple drops to a squirt bottle and if done diligently ur girls will show you some love for it. Smells and tastes SO much better than neem.

7. No mite can survive a room sealed off and gassed with dichlovoris no pest strips.

Ive yet to see any member of the mite or arachnid family survive this pesticide.

8. so wtf do you do when ur 60 + outdoor 12' or bigger get these little fuckers that are 3 weeks in flower HELP

9. I've been fighting them for a couple of weeks now and think I have them knocked out.  I've been using nuke em and green clean.  If they're russets they will be at the bottom of your plants and work their way up, at least that has been my experience.  So pay particular attention to the stalks and all the lower branches.  Work your way up to the top of the plants.  If you gotta use a ladder do so.  These fuckers do so much more damage than spider mites!  And they don't waste any time.  I was very fortunate that I caught them at the beginning of the infestation when they only were on a couple of handfuls of lower little producing branches.  The damage to the popcorn buds was very noticeable.

10. Nor Cali here.... I make a 10% rosemary solution. It nukes all, and at that percentage it serves well as an ovicydal. Yes, it will kill even hardbodied beneficials, but rosemary oil is cheap and safer for us! Take a bottle of 100% rosemary oil( from health store) and make a 10% solution using a carrier oil. I use olive oil. The measurements of the percentage depend on the amount of H2O used and desired area of dispersal. I use 1L of H2O, 5mLs rosemary oil, 50mLs olive oil( I use the olive oil with added omega 3 fatty acids, yea acid...) as this is what you will find in other organocydes. This makes your 10% rosemary solution, now a few small drops of dish detergent as a surfactant. But believe me when I say use mild detergent like clear Palmolive. That 3x power stuff really is!!! Doing this several times, ANY 3x dish detergent will screw up your leaves, otherwise the whole cocktail is perfectly safe. I also throw in a few mLs of spearmint oil and lemon eucalyptus oil for an added kick. I've checked infestations before and after with a scope, and I'm now considering just using it as a preventative dip at transplant. It's just those nasty things get brought in usually, change cultural practices, spray down with rubbing alcohol, or change shoes/clothes before enter. ALWAYS bleach room before next cycle. Rock on!!

11. @[member="Igrokush1"] You don't use this in flower do you?

12. Yes, on lower spots only where direct light won't burn. Indoor or out. I can't say I've had those things on nice top colas, only lower to mid sections. If there are well developed nugz, don't sweat it because it's just a race of time... But the first 3-4 wks, you bet I nuke em- end product still dank

13. Thanks.  Makes sense since the little bastards start at the bottom of the plant.  I've used oils in veg, in fact I like em much more than the water based stuff.  They leave a nice sheen to the leaves.  The plants look so nice afterwards.

14. If you can, try to rinse a day or so afterwards with good ol' chlorine water. Oil on the leaves too long will ultimately clog the stomates resulting in slow growth.(photosynthesis) Another way I screwed up, so just let the rosemary do it's job then unclog the stomata with water. Then start a healthy foiler reg with nutes, you should see a big difference especially if you have the mite. You know that green growth after a pest subsides? You will soon see that. I try that ultimate wash which is pyrethrum oil based, it works to kill stuff hella good but I loose too many numbers due to the damage it does on young leaves. That was my preventative dip, but I'm switching to the rosemary, it's not as harsh on the plant tissue it seems. Just try what I say and let us all know how it works. I've got a few growers on that in nor cal, so far so good n no complaints. I'm considering marketing a solution soon.