PAX BY BLOOM VS. ARIZER SOLO

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by straightupog, Sep 24, 2013.

1. #41 Yosh139, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
    I don't think you can pass off what you think as fact, which I combated in my post. 10 year warranty? Try lifetime on the heater. Yours doesn't cover the heater, just parts. "In my opinion, In terms of durability (external forces and mechanical/electrical failure) the pax scores very high too me because iv put mine through over 4 months of abuse from drops, impacts and theres only minor scratches on the outside with no dents and no mechanical/electrical failures occurring." That doesn't sound like fact. Both are made out of aluminum, only yours is brushed and mine is anodized. Durability should be around the same unless internals/externals are less durable than each other. Like I said, I've been dropping my Solo for almost 7 months and it's still going, just scratches have appeared.

"I don't really see how conduction is a problem." Another opinion. In terms of medicinal extraction, conduction will ALWAYS be inferior to convection, especially a convection/conduction mix. Conduction is very inefficient when it comes to trying to bump molecules in the middle of the bowl.

And then you start bringing up problems about past models about the vape. Where's the first problems with the Pax, like the sensor not tripping when the mouthpiece is inserted? The mouthpiece sticking (quickly came to the conclusion that the Pax needs to be cleaned regularly)? Where's the fair share in that?

Also you're bringing up the "four hour" battery life YOU claim on a vaporizer YOU never used before, only got from competitors trying to make a buck, hyping up the vaporizer. If you read on the ARIZER site, it says 1-2 hour battery life, which seems reasonable because I get about an hour of usage on level 6.

Yes our vaporizer has problems with software, but that means you can't treat it like garbage you have to monitor the vape and baby the battery or else you get stuck in a situation where you have to unsolder the battery and trickle charge it. Yes we've also been seeing problems with the battery chargers too. Doesn't mean it's a shitty vaporizer, just means that QC isn't doing their job correctly.

2. Lmaooooo ok dude you are stressing this sticking mouth piece waaay to much, and only cause that's the only thing that's remotely wrong with the pax ! The mouthpiece is not an issue because you do not own a pax and have never tried it . So far zero issues with the pax . I never even said the solo is garbage, if you read my previous posts I said there both good vaporisers and even said the solo might be good if you just wanna chill out at home. Your making this into a competiton of just wanting to win. The 4 hour crap is true ! The old ones at least and yeah level 6? Being restricted to levels and shit , fk that bro just get the pax, even if u charge it for 10 minutes you can go to any level you want , low , medium, high , it's all good man. I'll trade my pax with your solo and u can test it out and see

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. The 4 hour crap is not true. My solo charges in about an hour every time and I can reach the highest heating level even when the battery is on the lowest level. You might know this if you had one or ever used one.

You admitted your self that you are actively trying to convince people to buy the pax. Your posts are extremely biased. I honestly wouldnt be suprised if you are a shill.

4. #44 Avihigh74, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
    No im not a "shill" im just trying to save his life and time by just buying a pax and be happy with it. Im telling you just buy it with 10 easy payments of 24.99 and im conivced beyond doubt that you;ll love it POTatato head man

5. No im not a shill... but im just going to act like a shill.

Ok dude so you are a shill that isnt getting paid for it? That really must suck.

6. I can set you up with our platinum gold membership card to stack points on Pax by Ploom products in 68 countries and 17 global markets. I'll start you with our starter pack only cause your from grasscity at a secret price of learn when someone is joking with you crazy kid ;) . Act now before your arizer solo breaks

7. Nah ill just kick pax out of the way and go buy directly from their manufacturers in china.

You want to get in on this? I can get you pax for less than half the price.

8. Being restricted to levels is a reason the solo sucks? Will you just stop?

9. Avhigh74, your posts are full of wrong assumptions, and biased snippets of info cherry-picked out of context to support your obvious agenda. I am a Solo owner (EQ too), and I have extremely good opinion of both products and the company behind them so I obviously disagree with your opinion as well. I know all the myriad of issues on this board and more importantly (sorry GC) the FC boards reported with the PAX.

None of your arguments against the Solo are accurate, and the rest of your opinions fly directly in the face of overwhelming feedback from trusted sources.

The PAX has a lot of issues that you either igore or blatently gloss over. I'd suggest anyone on the fence go to FC boards and read up, the first thing you'll see about the PAX is major problems.

Okay now you're just sounding like a troll. 4 hour battery life is not true, I don't think you've ever used one. I have used 3 different Solos in my experience, and they've all had 2 hours at the MOST. The battery hasn't changed at all, why would it change from 4 hours to 2? You're restricted to 3 on the pax levels instead of 6 (I say 6 because the first level is 122ËšF (50ËšC), definitely not hot enough to vaporize effectively). This isn't a competition, this is trying to correct your spreading of wrong information.

And charging it for 10 minutes is only draining the battery life, lithium ion batteries are meant to be charged to 90% and depleted to 50%.

11. #51 Yosh139, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013

There's a temp light issue (not registering the mouthpiece), there's a sticking mouthpiece issue, there's loosing the oven issue, there's a non-transferrable issue (can't second vape it to someone, they won't get the warranty).

And it's a-okay to mention FC here, they aren't a competing company. They are a forum to talk solely about vaporizers. In my opinion, it's encouraged to suggest to look at FC because they are smarter about their vaporizers over there. :D

12. alright ill get the mlfb

13. nooooooo

If that works for you then go ahead. I used it and it definitely wasn't for me because of the low vapor production (conduction heating), the way you had to learn it, and the batteries were very crappy. But it's stealthy as hell. I have been hearing that the new 2600mah batteries put out energy a lot better than the older batteries.

15. It's alright I understand your trying to say everything you can to defend your reason for buying a solo , but I know my pax is better xD. Lol reall 2 hours ? That's still bad . 0 percent charge to 80% is 40 minutes with the pax Woop Woop. Everyone that don't like the pax and keeps on trying to say why the solo is better should just come and chill with me while we smoke the pax and then see how horribly wrong they are. Just look at that bad ass pax in the pic below. (Lifeguard approved)

Attached Files:

16. Lmaooo nah you right , our pax is better ! Yo what kind of grinder you use bro , the ones with spikes or like diamond shaped ones? If you use a grinder that is

18. Buddy you are the one that started the shit storm by trying to say your vape is flat out better.

Anyone who knows vaporizers knows that there is no flat out best vape. The pax is better at some stuff meanwile the solo is better at other things.

OMG you can charge to 80% in 40 minutes? I can to with the solo...

Honestly you are the shining example for why people shouldnt talk about vapes that they have never used.

19. it's a chromium crusher..I don't think it's the spike one

20. #60 Yosh139, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013

This is trying to argue with someone who's saying "my dick is bigger than your dick" yet won't pull it out. I can throw out some fancy numbers and sound smart as well, but I'm being real here. You're comparing apples to oranges with your Pax. Smaller battery combined with conduction heating WILL cause the battery not only to last longer but charge faster. But with the convection part of the Solo, it had to compensate with a bigger battery which causes the charge to be longer, but the discharge to be slower (for convection/conduction, not solely conduction). The taste is better with glass, and the convection provides more vapor with less material.

So if you want to save weed, the Solo is your go to vape with a tasty glass air path and more vapor production with less material.

If you want something you can throw in your pocket with no one knowing (smell leaks out though so it's not 100% stealthy keeping a packed bowl) and you don't care about taste or how much weed you're using, then the Pax.

These are two completely different vapes. If you're saying "Pax is better," you have to define what parts are better (battery life, size). Everything else I will disregard from now on (vapor production, taste, broader heat settings, material usage).

IMO, taste and vapor production are the number one reason why I look at the Solo versus the Pax (and what should be looked at for any vaporizer).