PAX BY BLOOM VS. ARIZER SOLO

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by straightupog, Sep 24, 2013.

1. ok, i decided im gettinig a vaporizer and i narrowed it down to 2 vaporizers.  i can get a pax for $170 or a solo for $130.  I was wondering which one is better,  which one you prefer and why?  i am looking for the vape to have no smell to it so if one has no smell and the other has a little lemme know.

2. Personally, I love my Pax. I haven't gotten to use the Solo and I am actually thinking about buying one. There's almost no smell with the Pax, unless you crank it up to High. Just blow your vape out a window and close it when you're done. You definitely gotta keep the Pax clean though, or you WILL run into problems. It's not a big deal though. If you don't mind spending the extra money, I'd say go for the Pax. It's small, sleek, and discreet.

3. when you open the oven or whatever does it smell?

4. There is going to be smell with both of them. It is unavoidable.

Neither vape is the better than the other in all categories. Solo has longer battery life and generally considered better vapor qualilty but the pax is smaller and way more discreet.

Also I would check to make sure wherever you are getting it from is an authorized dealer at those prices.

5. @[member="POTatato Head"] a guy on ebay is saying that

6. #6 ChieferKeyah, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    Ive heard great things about the puffit and like its stealth design, quick heatup time, and temp control.Edit: Every vape smells.Sent from my SCH-R820 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I'm a pax owner and I love it. I was trying to decide between the same two vapes before I got my pax... It didn't take long to realize the pax for my needs way better... It beats the solo on discreetness. The size and design are what I'd call portable... The solo, with its separate glass stem... And size that you can't really " hide" in ur pocket comfortably...seems like a " personal Vape" rather than a " portable Vape"....

I can walk down the street.. Turn on my pax while still in my pocket... Take it out and hit it when the time is right... Put it back in my pocket... Wave to neighbors..... Take another hit....turn it off.... Turn in back on..... All with one hand.....

I can't say enough about this thing.. Any more questions, let me know....

8. Deffintly the pax, the performance exceeds the competition by over 278 percent , public sources say. Its just so simple, click and go your on the move, the marihuana is getting ready for consumption as you casually walk along a busy street or crowded train.

9. But I heard the solo exceeds the competition by over 420%.

Yes it's discrete but it can't beat the Solo in vapor production and quality. You can turn it on and off just as easily with one hand. Also, you have to upkeep on the cleaning much much more than with the Solo. Can't really change the temp discretely with the Pax, the buttons are right there on the Solo.

And it hides in plain site, it looks like you're drinking something.

Oh really? I've heard you have to clean the Pax every 5 days just to keep using it. Also, same with the Solo, turn it on and let it heat up before putting your stem in. Then "drink" away.

11. Yes you can turn the solo on with one hand... I can start a car with one hand.. The point was that you can do all this while it sits comfortably in your pocket... I'm just not sure where you keep the solo while u are walking down the street...the glass stem might fit in your pocket.. But the main unit isn't anywhere near as portable ..... It's the difference between a can of coke and a bic lighter. You look sily with the can in ur pocket

12. #13 Weedity, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    I use my solo everyday and nobody ever has an idea I am vaping. It's discreet enough for me, has seven temperature settings and not three like the pax. Much better vapor choice. Not to mention more durable as well. The glass pieces are nice because they cool off the vapor and you can get other types of stems as well. The Pax is also newer so the newer models with less bugs are not out yet. 

Solo: Better vapor, better temperature control, more durable, 2-3 year warranty, better accessories, still pretty discreet, been out longer has less bugs, and it is cheaper

Pax:  More discreet than the solo, longer warranty

13. #14 Avihigh74, Sep 26, 2013

Why good man you sound very convinced that the solo is superior when its not ! as for the cleaning part no it will not stop working it will just restrict airflow by approximately 13 percent which is due to users setting the pax on high for extended periods of time and will make some of oil from the weed drip down on the tube that connects the heating chamber and mouth piece but its  a minor issue. I personally like to clean my pax because i just like knowing everything is top shape, cleaning only takes about 3 minutes or more if your IQ levels have fallen below the US average of 96-105 threshold as defined by Termans 1916 IQ level distribution graph.

Furthermore no way in hell solo is good compared to the pax in my opinion, In terms of durability (external forces and mechanical/electrical failure) the pax scores very high too me because iv put mine through over 4 months of abuse from drops, impacts and theres only minor scratches on the outside with no dents and no mechanical/electrical failures occurring (but i do see there are a couple with the solo by reading the reviews). Battery is superb , i had it dead 0% charge for exactly one month because i went to vacation and left in back in the states and when i came back it started working perfectly just like day one even though most devices would experience trouble with this.  

If you like simplicity and just want to get high fast and discreetly get the pax but if you want to sit down and maybe chill by yourself at home playing some games then idk maybe the Solo would be good for that due to its 7 levels of heating but idk iv never had a solo , best way is find a friend who has both of them and try them out or just read the reviews on the product and make the most educated guess (get the pax). 

14. Nonsense let me see your company's data reports on this issue

15. Ehh, sorry but it is a no brainer that the Solo is superior. It has been out longer, more accessories, better vapor quality, more temperature choice, still is pretty damn discreet since I have no trouble bringing it everywhere I go, stems cool the vapor, can be connected into a bong, is cheaper, good warranty, more durable, uses more convection than conduction which produces better vapor(unlike the pax), and has a stronger lasting battery. 

16. Nah dont even say that man. First off your company raises questions just in its manufacturing process , remember when people complained their ceramic coating on the chamber was coming off and getting mixed into the weed? i remember and that sounds horrible, at least the pax uses medical grade stainless steel everywhere and doesnt cheap out. 4 HOUR battery charge for the solo???FUCK THAT lolol, the pax takes like an hour max and you can pax it at least 10 times which sounds pretty damn good to me. As for price were pretty much almost the same maybe 40 dollar difference, but then again if your buying something at least 200 dollars then a 40 dollar difference wont really make a difference at this point.  You say the solo can be connected to a bong? good news the pax can do it too every since it came out. Good warranty you say? I say hellll no, 2 year warrenty on the vaprozier and 1 year on the batteries???? the pax is 10 years and they have never failed to reject anyone with warrenty claims. I had to ask pax's cusomter support on something a while back and then in the end the guy offered to send me free lubricants for my pax and a cleaning kit, now thats customer service. More durable?? i see so many posts like "just got my solo from repair" or "help my solo isnt working" all around and it doesnt sound like it is durable.  You say mine uses conduction like its bad or something??? i dont really see how conduction is bad, the science behind it is simple and i dont see why this would even remotely be a problem, the pax makes plenty of smoke, everyone i let use it says they were blasted and thought it was the coolest thing theyve ever seen. 

I respect your personal opinion man but i really dont see how the solo is better :p ,solo 4 hour battery charge cough cough 

17. #18 Weedity, Sep 26, 2013
    First off, I don't think you have ever used a Solo and have not been on Fuck Combustion or anything like that  :laughing: 

The Pax is great, but only if your aim is stealth with good vapor quality. Solo is less stealth, better vape quality and is more durable. The Pax is NOT more durable, sorry man, it's slimmer and not as hefty, since it is for stealth.

Four hour battery charge? First off, the battery is shown in the seven buttons. One light is very low while seven lights is fully charged. I use my Solo all day, and by the time I get home at 7 or 8 the battery is only just getting to 3 lights left. So the charge lasts PLENTY of time. Gets me high all day, lasts me all day, charges all night. Lasts longer than the Pax actually. So, longer battery charge. BUT here is the thing, when I charge it, it takes less than an hour. Never has it taken more than an hour UNLESS I let it get to one star, then it takes a little more than an hour. Four hour battery charge? Maybe for the older models, certainly not the 2013 model that is a promise. 

Convection is a superior way of vaporizing than conduction. Better vapor quality. The Solo uses both actually, but mostly convection. Thus, the better vape quality.

I mean don't get me wrong, the Pax is great. It does have good vape quality, just not Solo good. I don't want to come at you, I just don't want the OP misinformed. The Pax is just stealthy, good vapor, and charges fast.  But to say it is better all around than the Solo is a joke, sorry. The solo is considered pretty much the best preferred portable vape. Such a good portable vape many people buy it as a desktop vape because the vapor quality and temp choice is just that nice. 

The Solo has seven heat settings. Ranging from basically 365 to 410 degrees Fahrenheit. Much better choice of vapor than in the Pax. The Solo also is portable. I have no issues taking it to work, picnics with the girl, rides through town, the park, or wherever I am going. The cleaning is easy as well. 

Either choice is a damn good vape! But the Solo reigns supreme. 

18. this.

The solo is a beast for quality, flavor, and it's still fairly discreet. 1 bowl in a pvhes shorty stem is .1g or less for a 24-36 minute session to get you nice and high for a good amount of time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. It can be found in the secret section of the library of congress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app