250watt light

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Scozzy72, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Hey guys I've currently got 1 white widow under a 250 watt light and she's growing great. I'm 2nd week into flowering and really healthy looking. I'm just thinking about the next 1s. I plan on doing 2 next time. Anyone grew 2 plants under a 250watt? It yes was the outcome as good? If i have to ill upgrade to a 400watt. Cheers appreciate any advice.

2. I have 3 k.o kush in my grow tent under a 250w hps. 2 weeks from harvest jst now. Plants grew nicely but buds ain't as big and thick as I would like. My very 1st grow so not sure if they will swell much more in next 2 weeks, if not I'm getting a 400w for next grow.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. 250w is great for the single or long term mom's, but any more then you really do need the lumens that you get from a 400w or 600w hps, for me 250w HPS, is a very annoying size as I just know it kicks out more heat than light, say in comparison to a 400w HPS, look to a lumen to watt ratio?

4. Thanks for the advice guys really appreciate your input. The size of the plant now is really bushy there's no way id get 2 decent sized plants in there. I'll maybe upgrade to 400w for that tent size as I feel I could get better bud size for sure. There decent just now I'm now about 4 weeks or so into flowering. I'm hoping the buds will really grow from now on.
    Also I read near the end of the grow I should only fill the pot with ph balanced water and no nutes. Is this correct?
    Cheers guys happy smoking

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. first of all dont go by lumens per watt, PAR value is far more significant when it comes to horticulture, and many bulbs have this info available. if you can find an enhanced spectrum 250w hps try that, personally i have 2 600w HPS and i use the hortilux bulbs. it seems that 600w is the magic number, a horizontally mounted 600w hortilux bulb with a digital ballast puts out more light than a 1000w vertically mounted analog ballast. Go 8 weeks with nutes, then at least 1 week with just plain pH'd water. i once built a fixture with 1 250w hps bulb and 1 250w MH bulb side by side, i had some impressive results to tell the truth

6. Thanks mate I'll look into it before next batch. She looks good it's during its dark 24 hours just now before harvest. Buds look good but unsure how much I'll get just yet as it's my first grow.
    I feel I've don't something wrong maybe my set up or the temp/humidity as my friend has been growing for years and gets around 6 or 7 oz per plant. Would you guys recommend a good type for growing for quantity?
    Happy smoking guys cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app