Kids suspended and facing expulsion for playing with toy guns on private property.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, Sep 24, 2013.

1. If it was on school property yes, but if not then the police should handle it.
    I have been shot in the back with a bb rifle by a hot-headed friend (hurt like hell).
    I have been in bb gunfights when I was young (stupid I know & good thing we were terrible shots!).
    I have been in rockfights with the same people.
    No police were called, thankfully nobody got hurt.
    It was boys being boys.
    Btw, these many years later, the guy that shot me, still apologizes to me for that.

2. BB guns and airsoft are two entirely different things. BB guns rely on high pressure, either a co2 cartridge or the air-pump action to fire a steel pellet at high speed. They can even be used to kill small critters, I know this for a fact, because a house I used to live in had a rat infestation for a week or so, until I took my bb gun and started shooting a couple of them, the others seemed to get the hint fairly quickly and scattered soon after.
    Airsoft guns, are quite different, they use a small, hollow plastic, soft pellet fired with nothing more than a small spring. These toys can't hurt a fly. They're more like those old nerf guns that shot Ping-Pong balls, except the Ping-Pong balls are much smaller. Seriously, there is just no comparison between the bb gun and an airsoft gun.

3. Assault? LMAO, I am amazed at the kind of absurd statements that can come out of your keyboard sometimes.

If you think an airsoft gun is assault, you probably agree that officer bubbles was assaulted here as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMTm3QRwEc

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

PS, I'm not laughing "with" you, I'm laughing at you!

4. Seriously Penelope, wtf? There is no assaulting going on, the group of kids were playing together, some 70 yards away from the bus stop.

5. You can laugh at me all you want.

So.... Ignoring the fact that there are real potential dangers in airsoft guns...

In what situation is it acceptable to point a realistic looking firearm, at an 11 year old, and shoot ?

How can anyone determine from this article the pertinent facts of the situation:

- were they at the bus stop, or were they on 'private property'? The 11 year olds say they weren't at the bus stop. I'm not going to take an 11 year old's word for it.

- were they "playing"? Or were they threatening other kids? I can't answer that from this article... How can any of you?

To me, it's a clear situation that I've seen played out hundreds of times over the last decade that my "boy" has been in school...

You have an asshole kid, acting like an asshole, and is punished accordingly, and thier parents respond like their constitutional have been trampled on.

Laugh all you want! Wait till you have kids in the school system and YOU have to deal with Ms. "My Kids are my Property".

6. There is probably more "real potential danger" getting on the school bus (which DOES NOT have seat belts, btw how do they get away with that?),than getting hit with airsoft pellets.

7. #27 goober0331, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013

How can you say this and then pass judgement? Can you be anymore hypocritical?

8. #28 Penelope420, Sep 25, 2013

You all are giving your opinions.... "the schools are out of control!!!"

I'm giving my opinion.  Which I will fully admit is based on nothing more than the same article that YOUR judgments are based on.

Get it?

9. #29 goober0331, Sep 25, 2013

Except you are being a hypocrite by telling people they cant determine the facts, and then stating your opinion as fact.

10. They were playing with fucking airsoft guns they weren't threatening eachother its not assault and the school has no right to step in, if they were at school doing this then i would agree with you, but they weren't.

Sent from my My GOD DAMN PHONE

11. Ok then... Let me be clear and separate the two:

I was giving my *opinion* based my experience in dealing with "my child is my private property" types of parents.

Not stating facts. I was clear that we have no facts... Then I stated my *opinion*.

12. Actually, you're right, but it has nothing to do with the seatbelts, there's a LOT more potential danger in the kids getting on the school bus in having to deal with school bullies than there is from being hit by airsoft pellets.

Yeah I'm not gonna believe you. It seems like you are just trying to retract your statement and not seem like a hypocrite, while also hurling insults at the kids and parents.

14. She referred to her children as her "private property". Form whatever opinion you want from that statement.

15. This is a classic case of "boys will be boys" not panty waste pussies. They were playing and being boys for god sake. Nothing wrong done. Assault my ass BAHAHAHAHA!!!

And you called that private property assholes and shitheads.

17. They were shooting other kids. Yep.. My OPINION is they are little assholes.

If my own 14 year old son shot another kid with an airsoft gun, I would say "wtf, why would you be such an asshole?"

18. #38 JohnnyWeedSeed, Sep 25, 2013

Boys will be boys. Boys can also be assholes to each other but thats just how they are. If any punishment is needed it is up to the parents, NOT the school which had nothing to do with it.

Like I've already stated, I see through the hypocrisy and dont believe you. This whole little anecdote about the womens statement is irrelevant, and I think its an attempt by you to counter when I said you were using insults, and are trying to make people dislike the parent because of that statement, which can be viewed as an insult to those young adults.

20. I'm not trying to make anyone think anything. We are all adults here, so there is no reason for anyone to be insulted. I have been a seventh grader and I have raised a seventh grader, and have an opinion on how human beings should act.

That includes:

Not shooting other people

Not referring to other people as your "private property"

Why is that statement from the parent- which was quoted in the original post- irrelevant?

Who do you think went to the media with this story?