Kids suspended and facing expulsion for playing with toy guns on private property.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, Sep 24, 2013.

1. This defies all logic and common sense but I guess that is the MO for these types of people. They run on pure emotion, fear and paranoia.

http://bearingarms.com/virginia-beach-kids-suspended-facing-expulsion-from-school-for-shooting-airsoft-guns-on-private-property/

I'm not sure which infuriates me more: the school administrators that think they have the authority to suspend a child doing something entirely legal on his family's private property, or the woman who called 911 on the boy, knowing it was an airsoft gun, just because it made her feel “uncomfortable.”

</blockquote> 

2. id sue the whole school department if that happened to me. schools in general are unreasonable now.. random searches.. suspension for little things.. not being able to wear red or blue.. wow.

3. Wow......

Human friggin beings....beans....beings.

4. #4 Tripace, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2013
    [​IMG]

5. Id like to see where this is covered in the school curriculum.

You don't like what I do on my property?

Get fucked.

6. You're really surprised? Didn't a kid get expelled for eating a poptart into a gun? Some people just suck at life

7. The supposedly smart people, who run our public schools, sometimes are the biggest dumbasses of all!

8. Also, if they're treating toys as real fully functioning weapons, then I guess both of my safes at home hold straight up city killers.

I do disagree with the father on one thing, the school system doesn't "own" the child once they make a magical step onto a bus or inside of a school building.

9. Schools are really dumb about shit lately. In the last few weeks a girl was suspended for having dreadlocks at school, and actually even more retarded was the girl who was suspended for having a blond streak in her brown hair

Your son was shooting other kids.  I don't care if it was a fucking airsoft gun. Take some responsibility for your kids' actions instead of blaming the school.  He may be your "private property" but other people don't have to tolerate your little shithead.

11. 10-15 with good behavior. 

12. What we have here is yet another case of a shitty parent blaming their shitty parenting skills on the school - and going to the media with it. 

14. Airsoft guns can be dangerous.  They fire a small projectile at a pretty hefty speed.  Also the trajectory of the projectile cannot be accurately predicted because the pellet is usually a small round very light plastic pellet which can be shifted very easily with some wind.  (not unlike a real cartridge)  Therefore firing this at your buddy from a few feet away aiming at his gut can upswing and nail him in the eye.  We were all kids once.  It was a dumb move by the kid, but the school getting involved is just meddling.  The parents from all the families involved should handle it.  Its how it would have been done in my childhood.

15. Schools are stupid because they don't want to be frowned upon or lose credibility (usually that don't work though..) This reminds me of that poptart gun thing and the exact same thing happened to a child but he was just holding up gun fingers (pointer and thumb out.)
    I guess it's because instead of actually addressing  problems like child development, and the correlation between bullied/marginalized/mentally ill kids and school shootings and stuff, they find it easier to just weed out the crazy sniper kids while they are young.

16. Fuck this bs. When I have kids they are being homeschooled. I don't want public schools turning my kids into pussies. These days if you even defend yourself and throw a fist while getting jumped by 3 guys you will get suspended. Complete bullshit.

17. Kids play with guns and have since the conception of guns because back in more "primitive" times boys were expected to become men and fight if needed. Today we are raising an ignorant weak bunch of individuals who fear and dislike establishment due to decisions like this. I believe in the 2nd amendment and the assumed right of privacy as a democrat, I also believe we need public school reform and more understanding of common people.

Sent from my SCH-R820 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. They were shooting other kids. Even with an paintball gun, that's assault.

It has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment.

19. Even if it WAS assault it was none of the schools business!

20. If they are threatening and/or assaulting other students, of course it is the schools's business.

How about this: If the parents taught their kids not to shoot other people, and didn't provide them with the guns to do so, this wouldn't be an issue in the first place. Crazy thought, I know....