Going to work high as a bank teller

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by 2sacztoker18, Sep 23, 2013.

I was really that young and stupid once

Must have been a horrible time. I've been to some of those factories. The smell is absolutely terrible... and all the noise... and seeing cows be murdered. Must have been the darkest experience. I probably would have saved all the cows and let them free. But keep one for steak the next day.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. This is why I love this forum, that made me laugh so hard and please do tell lol. I usually smoke a bowl before work and 1 during. I work in a warehouse loading trucks with food. Pretty fun just cruse around all day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. There's a whole lot of difference between math class and bank telling lol

5. enlighten me.

6. When you make a mistake in math class your grade may suffer. When you make a mistake in the banking world you could lose your job, someone could lose their money, the company you work for could get fined, etc. The difference between your math class and her banking job is the severity of the consequences of your mistakes. 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Well the customer should count their money, or do whatever they need to make sure you didn't make any mistakes. You could make a mistake whether high or not. Personally, I would be high for any job.

• Like Like x 2
  8. You couldn't handle the meetings with sober people high all day. Trust me. If you don't think your mental facilities are affected by smoking then your fooling yourself. I would love to be able to get high all day, but my job is mentally draining and being high would only make that worse. Not saying it's impossible, just saying it's ill-advised. 

• Like Like x 1
  9. No I don't mean what are the consequences of each, I mean how are they different?

What I'm getting at, which I thought was obvious, is that the math I do is harder then counting. Dealing with the consumer price index, inflation, taxes and credits. Basically business stuff using formulas. If your bank telling like 'Hi, I'd like to withdraw 200 dollars. Make it five twenty dollar bills and one one hundred dollar bill." Then I don't see how you couldnt be high for that. And it is customary for someone to count their money after it is given to them from the bank. I mean what if they left and  came back and said 'you shorted me'? Whos to say they aren't lying? Once you leave the bank the money you got is the money you got. Whether or not it was wrong is irrelavent, I'd say. I mean if a person could just come back and say, "I didnt get all my money" and someone got in trouble for it, it'd be pretty fucked up dont ya think?

10. Bank employees can be really annoying.  Maybe they need some weed to socialize better.  They don't make much, either.  Glad that they have the machines for most transactions.  

• Like Like x 1
  11. Damn no need to insult me

• Like Like x 2
  12. The business world is not as chummy as you wish it was. You screw up more than one transaction as a teller and I'm sure you're job would be in jeopardy. Mathematical errors are common when you get high. I majored in finance and have been in the industry for more than half your life so I can speak from experience when I say that getting high is not advised even in a teller position. Not to mention you're definitely not going to enjoy that buzz with all those transactions going on. 

• Like Like x 1
  13. how long have you been in the industry?

14. No offense intended,  I didn't say "all" of them are annoying.  It's only my opinion, based on my limited interaction with a few bank employees during recent years.  

15. Insurance since 2000, investing since 2006

16. Sometimes I work high and I never make any mistakes or anything, but I'm lucky enough to not have to deal with customers. I'm antisocial period, let alone while high. I don't know how you even talked to people! lol

17. #37 pjw7790, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    I work at a gas station / fast food / convenience store. I have to make food, count thousands of dollars a day, interact with customers, make coffee, etc. I can do all of it pretty baked. When I first started nobody believed that I smoked or was pretty lit every time I walked in that door. I guess what I'm trying to say is it affects everyone differently.

18. sgt based, is that you??  [​IMG]

19. If you're talking to me I'm sorry but I have no idea who that is