Nutrients and Watering philosophy encouraged

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KlockVanWilder, Sep 22, 2013.

1. I decided to grow on ebb and flow tables, with rockwool and clay pellets, using general hydroponics as my nutes. I have followed the chart below and have questions for you.

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/feeding_sched/GH-FloraSeries-REC-Charts.pdf

I water once a day as my girls just went into the bloom room. 2 days ago I gave them week 4 nutes, it was PH to 5.5 and 1200pm. Am I to water them the entire week with just week 4 nutes?

If the chart show 7 different nutes going into a batch am I supposed to add them all together?

Do you ever give em a plain or watering once in bloom room just for a break?

I included pics of my mystery seeds(Dina Fem Insica and Malberry seed co Sativa) so you can see how my girls like or don't like these nutes

Any links or threads would be amazing

Attached Files:

2. The link that you gave for the schedule your using doesn't work

From what I know in my experiance is that most sativas don't like a high ppm solution

Yours is pretty high right now and your plants are showing it from what I can see

Right now you want it at around 700 don't go over that

Once a week when the res is changed I add 25% of just the base nutrient and run it for the first day and then add the rest

Change your res once a week and only put 25% of the base nutrient then adjust the ph to 5.8 and run it for a day. Then the next day add rest of the base nutrient and all the boosters

3. Don't get the ppm up to 900 for 2 more weeks

4. Thanks so much will apply new knowledge on my garden!

5. Let's see the girls now klock, post some updates.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. After 8 weeks I am proud to report that I am very close to my first cannabis crop! I had 4 Indicas and 5 Sativas. The Sativas hated the aggressive nutes regimen (duh) and I had my light a little higher than I should....anyway no Sativa pics cause I will be blasting that into some BHO. anywho here is one of my Dina fem bonus mystery seed Indicas. Ps I now have 21 more of these bad bitches on another table!

Attached Files:

7. Klock how long did you veg, that plant looks beautiful but a tad on the short side. 21!!!! That seems like an awful lot of green.

8. oh man i spent so much time screwing these plants up.  I would say 6 weeks or so in veg but i spent a large portion of that time overdosing them and bringing them back to life.  I could fit 40 6inch rockwool cubes on my table with untopped little guys and get nice terminal buds, but ill start with 21 cause nutes are expensive.  

9. Well I'm excited to see your next grow, especially with sea of green going on. If you start a journal post the link on this thread, I would love to see the progress. I'm in Southern California trying to stay legal so my grows are always going to be small.

10. The medical cannabis patients in Washington state are straight being shanghaied by the Liquor Control Board and the Department of Revenue. The moment I-502 (recreational law) was passed by voters, personal grows and collective gardens have been in the crosshairs. My first grow could be my last...

Anyway here she is, my Dina Fem Mystery seed 7 weeks into it. 2 bonus seeds were included for some reason inside the Dina fem critical jack 5 pack. So guess what? The first round of Dina fem critical jack didn't make it but the mystery did and produced a healthy mother that smelled like dog shit!

So my nute regimen went as such.

30 gallons RO water
    I used the flora series recirculating feeding schedule for generally hydroponics products

General hydroponics micro, grow, bloom, nectar, Kool bloom, flora blend, floral idiots bloom, hygrozyme , cal mg These are all the nutes I used. Everyone I know uses nutes. If you ain't producing High Times quality marijuana up here you got no reason to grow it. Flush for 12 days it's clear

I broke each weeks nutes into 2 meals.

First meal was micro grow and bloom.
    Weeks 2-5 I kept this meal at 400-500ppm
    I watered once a day.
    After 3 days I emptied the res, cleaned it
    Refill then 1 day 6.0 watering (sometimes with hygrozyme, sometimes cal mg)
    Then meal 2 (nectar, liquid cool bloom, blend,) this was always low ppm, 300

Week 6 or 7 I experimented with I week of water with all nutes slowly added a weeks regimen until the tank reached a max of 1400 ppm. It worked ok and saved RO water but I was more nervous and did have scum and ph issues.
    And the fun continues.....

Attached Files:

11. Thanks for the update. My naive state of mind was hoping Washington would lead the way in breaking years of wrong doing with regards to prohibition. Is it not working out that way? Will local law in enforcement start shutting personal and club grows down?

12. If you ain't producing High Times quality marijuana up here you got no reason to grow it.

Lol, maybe someday I'll have a reason to grow, but until then I win some and lose some.