How Do I Clean my Acrylic Bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Nipples, Sep 22, 2013.

1. I use an sos pad, hot water and a lot of elbow grease. It's a pain in the ass to clean compared to glass because glass is non pourous as where acrylic will soak in the resin.

2. I have had mine for almost 3 years and it still works great. Glass on acrylic.

3. Smart blade!!!

4. I've had my acrylic bong for a loooong time (first piece I bought for myself). Sometimes using glass just isn't a good idea. ;)

I clean my acrylic bong with vinegar, dishsoap, and a bottle brush.

After all these years, the bottom seal leaks a bit. Silly Putty gasket works like a charm.

5. Throw it away

6. Antiseptic mouth wash and a tooth brush. Then rinse it for a while under hot water.
    It will have a little taste from the mouth wash but will completely remove all the bad taste in the bong.

Acrylic bongs only last a year or two at max but they are cheap and the most durable bongs ever.

7. What happens to them after 2 years? They turn into a butterfly or something?

8. Acrylic liquid thats is used in nail salons works like acetone in glass bongs!

I was fixing a crack in my bong with nail acrylic and decided to try cleaning the inside with the liquid part and left my bong looking new inside.

Use a small make up brush and dip it in the liquid and then kindof paint the inside of your bong with it and all the black gunky stuff comes off really easy. I used a larger makeup brush at the end just to get the last bits out. This does not destroy the bong like acetone does.

9. The acrylic will start to thin out, and can leak n shit afaik.

10. People who buy plastic and acrylic such as myself and this bloke have realized something you haven't. Glass will generally last only a year before breaking (if you're lucky) whereas every acrylic and plastic I have gotten are still in my possession. As far as cleaning it formula 420 is a great no soaking, no scrubbing, no waiting solvent. In one minute it will be good as new.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I don't see why we haven't tried stainless steel. Figured at least old heads would have... Looks like I might need do a wee bit of welding and make one with the downstem permenantly welded and a metal bowl. No one will dare to challenge me, then.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. ???

maybe if your a clumsy fool your glass will only last one year.

wtf

o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Challenge you? I don't think anybody would want to hit your ghetto homemade steel rig.. how would you even clean it if the downstem is welded to it??

Also this thread is almost 7 years old so you probably won't get a reply from the people you replied to.

14. Brush, hot water and Dawn. Even if it doesn't ruin it cleaners will turn the acrylic cloudy.

15. Bottle cleaner and some plain white toothpaste mixed with warm water. Once that is done, wash in in dishwashing liquid and rinse well

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. its gonna get cloudy alright lol once u spark a fat bowl of dank in it :smoke:

17. What? A guy asks how to clean an acrylic bong and someone answers "Smart blade?"
    What is that? A special knife for bongs? Or you mean he's an intelligent homosexual?
    I'm a linguistics student and I have never heard that term.
    But I'm here because I ALSO wanted to know how to clean an acrylic bong.
    So I guess 420 Plastic/Acrylics is the way to go.

18. lmao I forgot about larrypringle miss this bastard

19. Vinegar usually doesn't remove the resin on its own. You can scrub w hot water even if you can reach but that's just maybe

20. lol buy a new one. the cleaner and time spent is probably about the same cost as a new one