1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by AdenaDuvessa, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Got the car back. Dude told me ~$1800 for parts and labor. Labor being $650 the first time he told me....thats a big jump in price! Might take it to a few other places.

or try the paperclip trick to get some codes off the ecu. There's a guy online who I can mail my ecu to for him to check it in his car.

2. idk how good you are with cars but a cheap tranny and doing it yourself will cost you around that 650 number, 1800 is a lot to put into an old 3000gt (esp if its not a vr4)

3. I don't even change my own oil man...

4. Well update. She's getting ready to trade the car for a 95 ford probe manual. With a small exhaust leak. New inspection. Car drove kinda rough when getting out of the lot but when we hit 30 the vibration went away.

not sure if she should go through with the trade or should I still try and figure it out? Still haven't tried reading the ecu codes. Might tackle that tomorrow

any opinions on the trade? Good? Bad? The guy needs an automatic for his wife. Willing to trade the car he has for hers and he has already teat drove her car

5. I wouldn't trade for a 20 year old Ford but that's just me.  I'd go for a Camry, Corolla, Civic, or an Accord.  You still see 20+ year old ones driving around today.  And the exhaust leak.... My car has an exhaust leak right meow and it takes away more than half the acceleration and makes a loud whistling noise.  It's in the shop right meow...

6. Well the guy hasn't responded to me telling him we could trade today. So I guess back to square one...

7. Got another guy willing to trade his 92 Toyota paseo. Says there's no problems. Anyone with a paseo? Worth it?

8. My friends got one turbo'd with like 500hp lol same year

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Hey bro how's the car troubles going? Haven't heard an update in a while