1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by AdenaDuvessa, Sep 21, 2013.

ill always prefer manuals for that reason alone lol 

2. It wouldnt matter to me performance wise, well it would but it I still would always prefer a manual gear box no matter what spec auto you can offer me.

Thats something I wanted to ask too, whats the situations with Diesel cars over there, are they popular? 

3. #23 El Duderino, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    gaining poularity. Diesel has always been the fuel of choice in Texas. for every 6 trucks sold in the US, one will be in Texas. diesel trucks in Texas is like Prius' in California. but Texas also has more Ranches than any other state. only America has trucks that could easily replace a commercial vehicle. the Cummins turbo seem to have the best longevity and make the most power. right arount 800+ ft lbs. theres guys here in Houston making 1200+ ft lbs. big rig? nah, Dodge 3500 Cummins with a gooseneck. done.
    diesel has only recently gained popularity outside of trucks, the most recent addition is che chevy Cruze diesel which is really just australian. and i think VW's diesels are made in Brazil. so the most American diesels you can buy are either Dodge or Ford brands. Chevrole's Duramax is an Isuzu unit. the Cummins will be the loudest of all of them. its a straiht six so the pistons are larger than any of the others. built like a semi's straight six but on a one half scale.

#2 home heating oil is diesel thats just had some red dye added to it. My dad owns a home heating company and sells oil(dyed), offroad deisel(dyed) and then on road diesel(clear). home heating oil just isnt the ulta low sulfur that on road is ( and it may even be the ulsd ). I also live on a farm and we just put #2 oil in our tractors and they run fine and i ve had times when i was too lazy to go to the shop so i filled my tdi up in my barn with the stuifff and its fine.

#2 home heating oil is diesel thats just had some red dye added to it. My dad owns a home heating company and sells oil(dyed), offroad deisel(dyed) and then on road diesel(clear). home heating oil just isnt the ulta low sulfur that on road is ( and it may even be the ulsd ). I also live on a farm and we just put #2 oil in our tractors and they run fine and i ve had times when i was too lazy to go to the shop so i filled my tdi up in my barn with the stuifff and its fine.

6. i love diesels. i think we hijacked this thread.

7. any updates on your 3000gt?

Did you follow the steps that was mentioned above?

let us know, we're all here to help.

8. hmmm, guess not.

9. Nothing yet have had some issues with work and money so I havent really taken a look at the car.. but i thank you all for the help and i will let you know what I find out when I do look at it..

10. It's still sitting outside. 

Slipping gears now. Wont even switch over to 2nd. And when I do get it to by screwing round with the gas pedal, it gets stuck in 2nd. Or will go back down.

Same problems that I had with my first car, which after $3000 worth of "fixes" I gave up and sold it...have a feeling we might be doing the same with hers =\\

11. Thank you for the informative post. I was already aware of the paper clip trick, but unable to locate the harness. I found one, which was consumed in ducktape and was already plugged into something else. I'll try and snap some pics of it today.

12. We took it to a muffler shop. Found out she has two totally different mufflers and seems like most is going out the driver side while only a little on the other. Said exhaust is fine, possibly need a new muffler.

but said just a regular tune up and it should be running fine. Anyone have experience pulling offbthenplugs and wires on these sl models?

13. Also I found out it never slips gears when I have the over drive off. Any ideas why?

14. If anyone has any idea of a possible fix please respond, I would love to make her happy and see her driving it again with no problems

15. Looks like both you and your girlfriend don't have much luck with cars, based on your previous thread lol.

16. Hey man, my grandmother has an old 96 town n country which just had a radiator replaced lol.

but her car drives nice....with overdrive OFF. the gear shifts feel kind of rough and there's not much pickup. I can still get up to 60 with no problems, just takes longer than 5 seconds

17. Had a coworker give it a drive and just down the block he knew of

engine mounts
    suspension
    timing belt
    spark plugs
    tranny problems

and other things. He says it might be worth fixing it up slowly but I have no idea

18. ohhhh man shoulda just got a 94 camry or some shit instead

i'm sure whoever had that 3000gt beat it to hell for 20 years

19. A little update on the car:

called a local tranny place and the guy said that 2nd and 4th are gone. $650 labor plus parts. Roughly 3 days to fix.

what do you think?

20. Probably going to call the guy this morning and ask about parts needed. Any suggestions would help!