Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pie Romanias playing With Fire Pickups

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Pie Romania, Sep 21, 2013.

1. #361 Ganglajanger, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015

Yeah temperatures can help it purple, though some strains don't really purple up well.

Last summer I grew plants on the deck and they had some cold weather at the end and they didn't even purple. Who knows though shits fire. 

Not sure with ATF not an expert at those kinds of weeds and that looks hella purpled out either which isn't bad, I have had people sell me stuff and say its something when its completely not what they say it is. Even at the dispensary, either way everything looks dank! 

I like purple buds[​IMG]

2. Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised either way whether this is ATF or not. Only time I'm ever extremely confident in a strain is if I know the grower and they either bought the seeds for the grow or sourced a cut from someone I know is reliable. Seeing as how this is from the dispensary, it's anyone's guess. I will say the high is definitely sativa dominant, energizing, creative, and almost euphoric. Will be burning it anytime before 2pm along with the Hawaiian strain I picked up. Most of what I had in my medicine cabinet is indica dominant hybrids or pure indicas, so adding a couple sativas (even in low quantity) seemed ideal. Saw the review of the flowers and am a 3-4 minute drive down the same road the dispensary was on, so I said fuckit, lol.

Glad to actually have a little more activity than normal on an update. Anyway, bout to throw on some of this Kush Creams lotion, take 2-3 dabs of my CBD oil and crawl into bed. Hope everyone who sees this has a wonderful night full of smoke & smiles.

3. The way it was explained to me is that cannabis is naturally a purple flower. Chlorophyll is what makes it green. So if it gets too cold, the chlorophyll will begin to die off and the purple bud will begin to show through. However, there are some plants (purps) that have a genetic predisposition to killing off the chlorophyll naturally at the end of the flowering cycle. It's like being an albino kind of.

4. Found out yesterday that Joelie Olie (CustomGrow420) will be moving down to my area. Will be nice having someone local to burn with every so often since I really don't get out much around here unless it's specifically for my children or errands to run. All my friends are a little over an hour north and I don't even go up there much anymore (3 times in the last 2 years), so having someone to burn & BS with on occasion would be a nice change.

5. Decided to snag a few more grams of a couple strains for variety. Went down to the dispensary to snag a couple specific strains (Cherry Pie & Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies), but they both weren't very impressive visually or by scent. Instead, I ended up walking out with a strain I know & love in Blackberry Kush as well as some Purple Berry Kush. Both Indicas/Dominant Hybrids & adding to my collection of Kush strains, lol. Anyway, these flowers are beautiful, so I'll be posting more pictures than necessary. Sorry if it bogs down your computer (really, I'm not, lol)...Hope you all enjoy!

Purple Berry Kush:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blackberry Kush:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Holy shit pie those look amazing but everything you post looks awesome

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Wonder why it is that some strains (blackberry kush sticks out in my mind) are always just CAKED in tiny trichomes while others have huge trichomes but not stacked on top of one another. I wonder if it's genetics, growing, or a combo of both. But every BB kush I've seen looks like yours, just frosted up with little trichomes everywhere.

8. Genetics. There are some Kush strains that are more furry/fuzzy as opposed to massive trichome production. Blackberry is one of them. Raspberry and Chocolate Kush are similar, but not as extreme.

9. Also, the Purple Berry Kush shows this trait too (notice the furry stem pictures with no trichome heads). I think this is why those strains are fairly average potency with Gorgeous looks. With that said, flavor is Always great on furry/fuzzy strains from my experience.

10. That's exactly what I meant. They have an almost furry look to them, but the trichomes are little and almost look stacked on top of each other. A very pretty flower always. I'd assume the purple berry kush and the BB have similar genetics, just with a purp in place of the blueberry. Most blackberry I've seen has streaks of purple in it. Either way they both look outstanding. I don't even like heavy indicas but it'd be hard to pass those up if I saw them in a shop.

11. My primary consumption is at night after my children have gone to sleep. I raise them myself and will normally only consume during the day just enough to combat the pain I'm experiencing, but usually reach for the High CBD strains in that case. So, I tend to be more of an indica consumer naturally, but will have sativas on occasion. I can't have a sativa strain at night though or I will lay down and have my mind going a mile a minute and be up the entire night which is counter-productive to my insomnia.

Anyway, I appreciate all forms of cannabis. Will reach for sativas early in the day and indicas at night, but end up consuming the most at night. Just the way it works for me, lol.

On a side note - I went down to the dispensary for different strains than I ended up snagging. Wanted some Cherry Pie, Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies and possibly one of Super Lemon Haze or Blue Chernobyl (Blue Magoo x Chernobyl). Been a while since I had a good Super Lemon Haze, but when I got down there, nothing really stood out about those strains (they were still quality buds, but nothing insanely prominent with the looks, smell, etc). Then saw the two kush strains and figured I'd go that route instead. Blackberry Kush is a dessert type of strain that is amongst my favorites and the Purple Berry Kush enticed me enough to try it for the first time. Will post the test results later tonight that I found online. Blackberry Kush was actually a higher THC percentage than I had anticipated, but still not crazy potent (23.x% THC iirc).

12. Bored, so just posting some more photos for everyone's enjoyment! A lot of them, so you're welcome if it bogs down your computer, lol. There will be similar angles posted since I took a lot of pictures in an attempt to get some better quality photos, but am not trying to 'weed' through them right now, so posting most of what I took & cropped. Anyway, hoping you enjoy them and don't have TOO much trouble waiting for them to load :)

Organic Dark Star:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Organic White Label:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Picked up again this evening. However, due to the sun going down, all my pictures turned out horrible thanks to my camera not being able to focus properly. Ended up just deleting them all and will snap some new ones tomorrow.

Strains are Purple Kush & Chocolate Kush. The Purple Kush is mostly smaller buds this time (was hoping for some eye candy for you all with that strain, but I don't know if that is going to happen here). The Chocolate Kush on the other hand is larger, fat nugs that feels heavier than usual....Im assuming to compensate for the smaller nugs of the Purple Kush. Not worried about weighing them tonight.

Anyway, even though the PK nugs are small, they're dense and it's been a while since I've had this strain so having it in my cabinet makes me happy. Hope you all are having a nice night and have some good smoke to enjoy!

14. Alrighty. So along with snapping some photos, I also weighed what I received. Went to pickup 2 ounces and (as usual), they weighed over. 29.5g's of Purple Kush & 29.7g's of Chocolate Kush. My camera was giving me some problems again today, so I'm going to have to figure out what the hell the issue is. Anyway, on to a decent amount of photos....

Chocolate Kush:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Purple Kush:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Chocolate Kush this round is similar to one of my pickups in the past. A bit airy with a little extra pistil formation, but chunky nugs and it smells outstanding. The Purple Kush with it's small, but dense nugs has some tiny little holes you can see in the compact structure in a few photos. These are from trimming as I inspected a few nugs and found tiny bits of leaf stem in some of them (others, the leafs were plucked cleanly from the buds leaving nothing leftover). These nugs remind me of pumice (lava rock) with their dense structure & light weight. Unlike the pumice, these are currently fire, not has-beens :) Also, these nugs remind me of the Cherry Pie I picked up a while back with it's structure and overall appearance. This was a bit easier to snap photos of.

So yeah, hope you guys enjoy. As always, let me know if you have any questions.

15. #375 zfhh, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
    Awesome thread and I liked the name of it playing with fire haha  [​IMG][​IMG]

16. It works with my name, so I had to do it. The non-capitalized "p" on the word playing has bugged the hell out of me for the longest time. I had originally created the thread with it capped. but after a couple months, something happened that made it lower case. Not a big deal, but something I hope I can get fixed at some point since I can't fix it myself. So if a moderator (or anyone else) who can change it sees this, please edit that for me :)

Anyway, sick as hell today. I caught the flu plus a sinus infection I'm pretty sure. Thankful I have absolutely nothing important to do the next few days, so I'm spending most of the day in bed smoking joints, watching movies, and catching up on some rest. Pure and/or dominant indicas are on the menu today. Been a while since I've been this sick, so I guess I was due. At least I've got plenty of cannabis to stay happy. Consuming at least 2 grams of flowers throughout the day today, maybe more and then tonight I'm getting down on 2 normal dabs and ending with a fat glob (by my standards).

17. Found some photos I don't think I've posted in here. Also, the Chocolate Kush photos in this post are from today (only a couple of them). Hope you guys enjoy :)

Girl Scout Cookies:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chocolate Kush:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grapefruit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Sexy nugs as always dude!

19. Gracias. Another beautiful day here in Western Washington. Kind of wish I had some really strong sativas in my medicine cabinet. I've been burning some Girl Scout Cookies I have left over from the previous pickup, but really wanting something mind-bending.

20. The weed you get is insane man you got a really nice thread here.