Unknown Strain, Outdoors- Need to Pull ASAP

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by thisisthepart, Sep 20, 2013.

1. I am about to move, my wife and I just bought a house- and I'm limited to the amount of time I have left with my single plant. I tried a different method this time (allowing the plant to branch out, while using a shovel to keep it low and out of sight)

I have till the end of this weekend most likely, I can MAYBE squeeze out another week if needed. I just wanted a general opinion on if it's way to early or now is not too bad of a time to pull. I tried to get the best shot as possible- but there's people that live on either side of me, so I make a point not to hang out too long.

The plant had issues with bugs for the first few weeks, but overall turned out really nice. This is one of the "smaller" branches. The flower on top of the plant is large enough that I can't wrap my hand around it if I wanted too. There's about 10 other branches that make the one in my photo seem small.

I can dry and cure it properly at my new house no problem. 
    I just don't want to ruin it

Attached Files:

2. She kind of looks like a clone I bought from a store. They said its blueberry (dj short) but I don't think it is. I grow outdoor, my plants are visible from the road I live off of, so I often would like to let my plants go longer than I do (I think: I can have it a little premature, or someone can steel it when its more mature) but as soon as I see any amber trichomes I pull them up. (Usually anyway) I would suggest feeling the nugs and making sure they are firm or dense, I grew an auto flower this year, a good amount of trichomes were amber so I cut it. The buds were not very firm and when it dried it was really airy.

Attached Files:

• This.jpg
      This.jpg
      File size:
      597.3 KB
      Views:
  3. They are very firm, the buds on the plant all seem to be doing extremely well, just no signs of amber trichomes, or even milky ones even. Thanks for the advice. Tonight I have no choice but to take it out, so I'll see how it goes from there

4. So how was it lol Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I forgot I've been a member here this long! Well.. sorry for the late reply? lol
    It was awful. Once the plant dried and cured, the buds were small and stringy.. Couldn't even get a slight buzz from them, and couldn't even give away the stuff.. I did end up making honey oil out of it (which was a little better imo) but I learnt my lesson. The funny thing is, when I moved, the new tenant ended up being a good friend of mine who grows regularly and wouldn't of minded me keeping it there!

Anyway, I've had a few more grows under my belt since than, and can tell when it's ready or not