Reasons Why Evolution Is Impossible

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by smokedoggydogg, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This^

2. But guys... 46% (which is totally a real number he didn't make up) of Americans in his world super power country believe in creation.
    Their beliefs are just as valid as scientific facts.

How could they possibly be wrong?
    They have FAITH that everyone else is 100% wrong and that the only one and true god is on their side.

So they have a total of 146% certainty.

Top that evilutionists!
    We'll be waiting.

3. *new user with 41 posts

All posts except 1 in evolution thread....

Obvious spammers

-Yuri

4. this guy lol so if 46% don't believe in something then it obviously can't be true. you realize the number isnt even above 50%. I think hes trying to tell us his iq is 46

5. I don't think human beings will evolve any further unless our society and culture falls apart. We can adapt to changing conditions using technological innovation at a much faster rate than evolution. It's hundreds of generations of selection against constant improvement of modern science and technology, with a new version always just a few months/years away.

This doesn't mean we've peaked though. There is no peak when it comes to evolution. Evolution always produces suboptimal designs. Look at how many points of weakness the human body has. This is not the pinnacle of what a living thing can be, this is one that can better adapt and survive than anything before it.

6. you could argue that with the recent boom in technology and rapid advancements in science that we are still evolving mentally, but maybe have slowed down in physical evolution

7. I think our physical evolution is degrading due to domestication and technology.. because we still "have a heart" when it comes to our sick and weak. Since bad physical genes don't get weeded out by survival of the fittest, they still around unchecked.. until they become a problem. Some say we will evolve to not need our bodies so much, but until we get to that point.. our shitty domesticated genes are spreading.

8. Deep! Do you think this could become a real problem in the future?

9. An after thought came to mind after I posted that.. but I somehow forgot that humans are working on cracking the genetic code. Once we solve the mysteries of DNA, we will be able to just literally cut out the bad genes. So it depends on when.. but I honestly see it as a real problem now. Not like a super serious problem.. but our gene pool could be a lot healthier. I mean, I could be a lot worse too.. but they need some work done.

As someone who works with dogs.. dogs are getting it too. I see a lot of dogs with teeth that are just all over the place, crooked and bunched up. Humans get impacted teeth too.. probably the best example of genetic traits going unchecked by survival of the fittest. Our in the animal kingdom, messed up mouth genes would lose to perfect mouth genes.

10. @13 Amp

I don't think that we're still evolving mentally though. I think the major breakthrough in our evolution came when we reached the point where one generation could pass on what it had learned to the next. Ever since then each next generation has had the cumulative benefit of everything that our race has learned before they were even born.

Every rabbit starts at page one. Basic survival. They're solving their problems the same way every rabbit has since rabbits have come to be. Every good idea a human ever had was passed on to another human. We don't have to start at page one. We have an elaborate system set up to get new humans up to page 7450 with the rest of us and it takes them a couple decades to get through that. That's how far we've come as a species.

A horse is born, gets up, and starts running. His mom says "well that's it, you've pretty much got this whole being a horse thing figured out."

Not humans. We graduate high school, we graduate college, and still we have a lot to learn.

11. animals do in fact teach things they've learned to their young

One of my favorite case studies for this is a single pod of dolphins.

Their pod has developed an advanced fish herding technique where they chase fish into the shallows, kick up sand in a circle around the fish to make the freak out, then scare them.

As the fish jump they dolphins just catch them.

This behavior was only observed with the one family and not with any of the others of the species.

So no that is not unique to humans

-Yuri
    Also if you've ever owned multiple pets, dogs especially, you can see they do learn from eachother

-Yuri

12. #1153 Techno mechanical fox, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  13. There's dolphins that work with humans in this one area to herd fish and they leave a cut for the humans who helped.

Dolphins are fuckin awesome.

14. first one is human
    Second housecst

-Yuri

15. I'm not saying animals can't learn anything from each other. They can but they only do it on an individual basis. As a people we accrue and build upon a vast base of knowledge. Even when we were only passing things down by word of mouth we were already passing more advanced ideas down than any other species has.

Also dolphins are smart as shit. I question whether if they had the same linguistic capabilities (actually who says they don't) and the ability to craft and make use of tools, if they would be able to create a society as advanced as ours.

16. right but I'm saying its no different.

Everything the dolphins learned from eachother is cumulative knowledge from their ancestors on.

The only real difference is level

Thanks to writing (not language) and our complex brains, we can pass more ideas and more complicated ideas, but the concept is the same.

Dolphin hunting techniques passed down through generations is just a primitive form of any human skill passed down through generarions

-Yuri

17. It is different though. It's a few things within a group of dolphins compared to everything across the whole human race. And yes, the fact that we record things with writing is a big part of it but we were already a step ahead even when it was just oral tradition. Writing is something we came up with that even further expanded our ability to pass ideas between one another.

18. Well actually now that I think about it, our oral tradition could be no different than the dolphins'. It could be that we only separated ourselves when we started writing things down.

19. that's what I been trying to say.

If not for writing we are just smarter animals. We have more complex brains and therefore can communicate more complex ideas through our language (all animals have language) and we have more brain capacity and therefore we can store more ideas. But in the end its still just levels of complexity. We are to dolphins as dogs are to ants. Its all relative.

What really seperates us is writibf. Writing allows us to remember things without remembering them. We can store and transport information and said information is not lost if groups die Think about it. Even experts refer to books and such.

Without reading the human brain is nothing special.

Even primitive humans separated from society will draw in the sand and make marks on walls.

Writing is the one thing that truely makes our intelligence unique.

-Yuri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.