Reasons Why Evolution Is Impossible

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by smokedoggydogg, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So nothing solid against those evil "evolutionists!".

Typical for these threads.

Incredulity is no excuse.

2. My jr year science teacher let it pass.. Then he would proceed to prove the person wrong, on every ass cover lie after another. Until they had no logical answer and were redder than a fire hydrant. It was very amusing, he loved to be challenged by religious fanatics especially in class. I suppose he took it as a challenge to squeeze out the poison in the sponges that those kids were. Every brain is a sponge soaking up every thing, its a shame that there's so much poison in the air especially in 2014.
    Sheesh im so disappointed that a large portion of the population are lying and saying there homosexual. God only makes straights. All thees teaches teaching evolution. They have no idea the punishment hell will deliver them for poisoning the youth.

Every thing under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by my grow light.

3. Instead of pointing out why everyone else is wrong why don't people try and prove why they are right .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. For most topics that's a good point but for this, the vaccine debate and one or two others it doesn't seem to help for a few reasons. First off with most of the above topics it's too often a matter of faith rather than of fact and you can't change minds that just ignore you.

Second, any thread which starts with a statement such as "Evolution Is Impossible" suggests that their mind is already made up and the just want to make speeches rather than ask questions. Not a hopeful start.

Third, to actually get them to understand evolution rather than just bully them into accepting it we'd have to give them the primary education they seem to have missed, then we'd have to offer a decent secondary which explains how retrovirus and others are being explored today and how all of that fits into what we already knew to further prove the point, and so on. They want years of education compressed into a 100 line or less post that answers all of their questions convincingly and that simply isn't possible.

But the best reason is the video I'll include below. If they approached and asked how it worked that would be great, but if they approach and try to tell you how it works (or doesn't work) you're in the following situation and might as well find something better to do with your time, such as hitting yourself in the face with a hammer which couldn't possibly be less productive than debating an issue with someone who knows nothing, isn't listening, but sees themselves as an expert anyway. That's why I've ignored this thread so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Tg67YMHMw

5. Theoretically we could replace steps 1 through 4 with god created the universe, the stars, the planets, life, etc. and then life evolved for billions of years following its creation. Evolution doesn't disprove creation theory unless you're trying to stick with a creation date of 5000 years ago, but there is plenty of evidence that the universe and Earth itself is more than 5000 years old.

6. #687 Yana Usdi, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
    Not to mention the facts that the theory of evolution has nothing to do with the singularity, that's "big bang" theory and that theory doesn't say that anything always existed. That event wasn't an uncontrolled explosion, it was more an expansion of space, energy and matter with chemistry and physics covering the rest from there. Abiogenesis also has nothing to do with the theory of evolution, look up a Dr Jack Szostak and others of the sort if you're interested in the topic. And DNA didn't write itself, it evolved, likely from a rna predecessor.

That's probably a more productive approach than the one I used though, wish I still had the patience for it that I used to ;)

[late edit to correct spelling on name, easier to look up that way]

7. we did. Its called the scientific meathod

That's why 99.9999% of people accept evolution. Because its a proven fact

-yuri

8. It's not a proven fact, It's the prevailing theory. And 99.9999% is wishful thinking especially considering how many people still think the world is flat or that the moon is bigger than the Sun.

9. Well, yes and no. That evolution itself happens is a fact, the theory explains how it happens and theories are never "proved", they are always open to new information and adjustment as we learn more. The theory that explains gravity isn't "proved" but gravity itself certainly seems to be. Same with evolution. A brief document that explains the basics can be read at rochester.edu,

http://teacher.pas.rochester.edu/phy_labs/appendixe/appendixe.html

10. We don't need to give proof for a religion in the same way that any science needs proof. There is no faith involved in science. Science is the observation of the natural world. It doesn't care whether there is a God or not because if He exists, he is beyond the scope of science. He is supernatural.

Also fantastical...

12. this is not true

If something exists (God) that something is provable

-yuri

13. I'm not saying evolution is false btw.

14. Do you have proof of that claim?

15. I believe that God exists but it takes faith to believe that and I can admit that. It is not proven. If you don't believe in it because of that, I wish it werent so but I can understand it. But science is differen than religion.

16. The point I was making is that it isn't a proven fact. Of course it is a factual statement, and furthermore it is a fact that both you and I believe to be true.

I'd like a logical proof of this.

17. One never really knows (God), and someday there may be proof. The evidence may be right in front of us and we simply can't comprehend it. Consider how long it took man to determine that gravity was real. :smoke:

18. #699 Cananinja, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
    [SUB] When Physics deteriorate and logic cannot afford a reasonable explanation, the only thing left is the acceptance of a supreme architect(instigator). IMO Darwin is 100% correct and Christianity with its archaic  records, is only about 80% correct. A higher power somehow instigated the big bang. As nebulas condensed and eventually compressed under titanic forces only to create the heavier elements of which we are all made of life was created then it ran away. I am by no means discrediting the miracles done on this planet, but come on look at the cosmos. Much bigger "miracles" are happening now. In conclusion, just think about this; imagine having to figure out how to squeeze the Himalayas in to a single grain of rice. Crazy, now think of this, at one point in (time?) the entire universe was neatly folded in the are of a single atom. [/SUB]

19. oh and as far as proof of evolution: our vestibular tail

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.